Malkorok is Kil'Jaeden

90 Human Warlock
Well... Blackrock orcs still worship demons so he could be influenced but due to continuity, I doubt he is actually Kil'Jaeden. Good theory though.
Reply Quote
Actually Blackrock orcs served the Black dragonflight, so they basically work for the Old Gods... enemies of the Burning legion. Now that the Twilight goons are gone and Deathwing is dead, they are basically as unemployed as a college graduate /cry.

We actually don't know who the Blackrocks are working for now, although we do know they are still using the Twilight Cultists and their dark shamans. I think Malkorok has a lot to do with what is going on in RFC.
Edited by Searik on 12/28/2012 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
If our assumptions that the next expansion is, indeed, about the Burning Legion, we must look through history and notice that they, always, have an advance force weaken the various forces of the world.

Uh, we already did that one, it was called the Burning Crusade. I personally think the next xpac will be about the Emerald Dream.
Reply Quote
If our assumptions that the next expansion is, indeed, about the Burning Legion, we must look through history and notice that they, always, have an advance force weaken the various forces of the world.

Uh, we already did that one, it was called the Burning Crusade. I personally think the next xpac will be about the Emerald Dream.

List Expansions In Order of Probability:

1) The Burning Legion - Dealing with Kil'jaeden and Sargeras once and for all
2) The Great Sea - WoW has many many islands, some just in lore, some that poped up in the alpha, that haven't been used yet.
3) The Old Gods - N'zoth and the other one. Also Azhara is still out there.
4)Anything else

5) The Emerald Dream - taking a break from the troubles of the world, we decide to roam around the now cleansed Emerald Dream for a few patches and roam around and see what Azeroth would look like without the touch of civilization. Inns are now trees, blacksmiths for repairs are now rocks. You level up by finding innocent denizens of the Dream and slaughtering them.

New Ore:
Emeralite, Dreamsteel and other unimaginative names

New cloth:
Dreamwea... wait we have that. Emeraldweave

6.0: The Emerald Dream
6.1: I think I heard something over there
6.2: Our huntard got lost somewhere to the east, find him
6.3: I miss civilization
6.4: We found a bad guy! Kill it!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
could it be an old god? since there is still that one that was talked about in Cata and has not been seen yet
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Kind of old thread. If it was Kil'jaeden it wouldn't make sense to completely leave the draenei alone considering how Kil'jaeden really wants to kill them. War on alliance, never touch the draenei? Doesn't make sense for the Kil'jaeden.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
As previously mentioned there are plenty of powerful dreadlords still around.
Edited by Xoroth on 2/15/2013 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/15/2013 05:53 PMPosted by Lena
Kind of old thread. If it was Kil'jaeden it wouldn't make sense to completely leave the draenei alone considering how Kil'jaeden really wants to kill them. War on alliance, never touch the draenei? Doesn't make sense for the Kil'jaeden.
All time low for Draenei lore if your races' persecutor/accuser/executioner forgot about you. Seems like a thing Blizz would do though. That or Velen mastered the Light so far to be able to blind Kil'Jaeden's sense of vision to you guys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
While it would certainly suit Kil'jaeden to do something like this, the truth is we got a look inside Malkorok's head in the Tides of War novel and as mentioned above he never gives any indication that he is anything other then a high-ranking Blackrock Orc.

Kiljaedan is too smart to let you read his mind hurr durr
Reply Quote
What if Tichondrius didn't actually die and is still around. I miss him... his face looked awkward as !@#$ but he was still a cool dude.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
http://www.orcisharmyknife.com/2012/09/why-garrosh-in-tides-of-war-makes-no.html

In case anyone hasn't seen this, very similar idea to what the original post is saying. It would be very interesting if Malkorok is indeed Kil'jaeden. I also like the idea with Magatha Grimtotem being involved.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
But he's not. We were in his head.

Golden has written Kil'jaeden; if Mal'korok was supposed to be the same person, she wouldn't completely skip over it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
But he's not. We were in his head.

Golden has written Kil'jaeden; if Mal'korok was supposed to be the same person, she wouldn't completely skip over it.

Unless the author is trying to hide it.

It's one thing to leave clues, it's another entirely to have some internal monologue say "Oh ya, btw I'm Kil'jaeden harharhar". Besides, he has no reason to reference he is Kil'jaeden in his own head.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
We will find out like pit lords like nathrazim couldn't die either. They were at war with the nathrizm to a standstill before sageras came along.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Unless the author is trying to hide it.

It's one thing to leave clues, it's another entirely to have some internal monologue say "Oh ya, btw I'm Kil'jaeden harharhar". Besides, he has no reason to reference he is Kil'jaeden in his own head.

They think differently. Malkorok enjoys (probably the wrong word) standing in the heat of Orgrimmar as a way of punishment to toughen himself up. Does this sound like KJ to you?

And, really, Malkorok seems to doltish to be Kil'Jaeden. His influence on Garrosh has lead to the latter being unnecessarily poor to his allies, driving the Horde apart. KJ gains nothing if the Horde fractures and the Alliance rolls over them.
Edited by Gandred on 5/5/2013 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's really telling how some people can't accept that maybe Malkorok is... Malkorok. It doesn't necessarily require demonic intervention to do something horrible.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
It's really telling how some people can't accept that maybe Malkorok is... Malkorok. It doesn't necessarily require demonic intervention to do something horrible.
Especially given that he's a Blackrock orc who saw Rend as the standard to strive for as a warchief.
Reply Quote
that would be lame as hell

that would excuse every orc who obeys garrosh because then they can just go 'KIL'JAEDEN MADE ME DO IT' and then there would have literally been no point to this expac

just have him be a regular blackrock orc, pls
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]