how do you melee fighters feel in pvp?

90 Orc Warrior
You mean, besides Spell Reflect, Mass Spell Reflect, Pummel, Shockwave, and Disrupting Shout? Yeah, warriors have nothing against casters...

You really don't see the benefit of reflecting a Pyroblast or Combustion?

Yeah assuming a spell caster is standing in one spot and does not fear 15 different ways or freeze me disappear in to literal air, blink away from me throw up a bubble and just lol at me while i try and hit them. Make 3 copies of them selves while i obviously see the real one and still am forced to target the wrong one as if the one with 13,000 hp is even remotely possible when your 85 and naked. Yeah i guess if none of that happens we got you guys in the bag. BTW that 40yd range thing is just a small barrier for us to get across considering we can only engage you at 25yds and you can begin to attack us at 40...
Edited by Crealkiller on 9/14/2012 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Lets talk about druids for a sec...

Cyclone, Cyclone, Cyclone, Sunfire, Typhoon, Ursols Vortex...

Bad sweaty owl bears with your sticky feathers and crusty beaks....
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
In our defense... Cyclone, we can't hurt you, or load you up with dots, and get a nice fat chaos bolt cooking up to toss in your face. Granted... I dont know anything about moonkins, except that I'd rather fight one than a hunter or spriest or lock
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My life has been saved by bad cyclones nearly as many times as bad death grips. Nobody should be hating on the battleground cyclone!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I just LOVE IT when my DK ally, yanks my nearly dead target safely out of my reach, right as i get that 5th combo point wound up...
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Hunter
How do I feel? Like I have had my manhood removed. I seem listless now, with less of a desire to play. No deadzone is fine & all, I can shoot my bow all the time now but...

Perhaps it`s just time I hang up my weapons & retire, though I still run to the sound of battle... A bow alone just isn`t enough for me, I feel the need to be able to draw steel & enter close combat if I must.

First no mo` dmg on my wing clip, then mongoose bite & now...
I hate it, this just reeks. W/O a bow I have only an auto attack!
Back to being that red headed step child again.

SV is once again up for adoption.
No to MM, no to BM, that`s just not me...
Do you not see all my freckles!

(They are bloodsplatter from HAND TO HAND COMBAT!)
I will sorely miss my shoot, trap, hit & shoot again routine. Bahfubarhumbug.

Luckily I grew a new pair, pugging the insta "Q" PvP matches at http://worldoftanks.com/
Steel on target. As a former U.S.M.C. Tanker, this free game is a fun diversion atm. Semper Fi, Do or Die.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
You mean, besides Spell Reflect, Mass Spell Reflect, Pummel, Shockwave, and Disrupting Shout? Yeah, warriors have nothing against casters...

You really don't see the benefit of reflecting a Pyroblast or Combustion?

Yeah assuming a spell caster is standing in one spot and does not fear 15 different ways or freeze me disappear in to literal air, blink away from me throw up a bubble and just lol at me while i try and hit them. Make 3 copies of them selves while i obviously see the real one and still am forced to target the wrong one as if the one with 13,000 hp is even remotely possible when your 85 and naked. Yeah i guess if none of that happens we got you guys in the bag. BTW that 40yd range thing is just a small barrier for us to get across considering we can only engage you at 25yds and you can begin to attack us at 40...

What is this class with fear, freeze, blink and bubble that you speak of?

He doesn't speak of one. He speaks of a class that fears fifteen different ways (that's warlocks, btw) and one that blinks, bubbles, and freezes (that's frost mages, btw). You might note that he says "or." "Or" does not equal "and."

And to answer the question, my only real complaint is that melee range is way too short. I don't think 8 or 10 yards would be unreasonable.
Edited by Tempestuous on 9/14/2012 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nimuè
85 Night Elf Druid
Flux
As a feral druid id like to say *FEAR BOMB* FLEE!!!
whew, good thing i had my trinket on.

Anyway, as i was sa- *FEAR BOMB*
Wow that sucked.. so- *STUN*
What the h- *FEAR BOMB*
Dang, i wish i could just play my *FEAR BOMB*
Should this stuff be on some kind of dimishing ret- *TRAP AND FEAR BOMB*
Can i just say- *HORROR*
/facepalm

I must say, I fully agree with this sent-*FEAR BOMB*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/14/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Nimuè
*FEAR BOMB*

I lol'd at the interrupted monologue. Fear is a pain... I'd just like to see it actually break on damage one day.

As far as it goes... Feral Melee is feeling STRONG right now with the currently unbalanced healing we can do. It's almost like being a Ret in late Cata. : )

I hope the ability to turn PS procs into sizeable heals continues at L90. Obviously crit'n myself for 90% of my bar is a bit too much to ask, but 80% would be just fine! /wink
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Rogue
09/14/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Deathtocome
My opinion as a frost dk is that there is too much ccs, fears,stuns, to have fun anymore.

i am a mage and I fully agree with this statement. there is way too much CC in this game its become stupid and annoying.

i realize blizz balances for 3v3 but if they would remove some of the CC it would make 1v1 a whole lot more balanced with no extra effort on their part.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/14/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Zaxen
i realize blizz balances for 3v3 but if they would remove some of the CC it would make 1v1 a whole lot more balanced with no extra effort on their part.

Better send that straight to Ghostcrawler, I think it may be the answer they've been looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Mages destroy, how can you complain?

Dks are fun and fine.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Hanharr
*FEAR BOMB*

I lol'd at the interrupted monologue. Fear is a pain... I'd just like to see it actually break on damage one day.

I read somewhere it is tuned to break on damage, level 90 damage...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/14/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Remsaa
I read somewhere it is tuned to break on damage, level 90 damage...

Oh snap! I got L90'd... I should have seen it coming.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I hear WW monks are doing pretty well against casters. Ten more days and you can all re-roll. That or wait and see how things go at 90. Ya I said it.

Word on the streets is melee aint doing half bad at 90. I'm even told warriors will possibly be part of one of the top comps, with plenty of cake left over for hunters, rogues, and dk's to have a slice.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I heard Ferals like cake.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]