Tank Lounge 47: A Plethora of Tanks

90 Troll Warrior
09/20/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Ahanss
Cataclysm (and the massive stat inflation that went with 80-85) made soloing more popular than ever before, so I'd imagine more people care about it now than did when 4.0 hit.

I'd say more of it was because Paladins could still solo fine after 4.0 (although they did whine about it a fair bit iirc), and Warriors still blew at soloing, so none of them really noticed a difference. Ie: "Block was nerfed for soloing raids, but I'm still going to die to little tiny magic attacks because my self healing is basically nil? W/e."
90 Tauren Druid
09/20/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Sildas
I'd say more of it was because Paladins could still solo fine after 4.0 (although they did whine about it a fair bit iirc), and Warriors still blew at soloing, so none of them really noticed a difference. Ie: "Block was nerfed for soloing raids, but I'm still going to die to little tiny magic attacks because my self healing is basically nil? W/e."

I'd agree, except bears weren't nerfed :P. Well, at least after they hotfixed AA rage and thick hide, we're stronger than pre-patch, before then it was about the same (+/- a little depending on the fight).

The only thing I might agree on is we were buffed less than some other classes, but, really, I can't imagine making a complaint about that.
39 Worgen Warlock
09/20/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Ahanss
The only thing I might agree on is we were buffed less than some other classes, but, really, I can't imagine making a complaint about that.

You give the people of these forums far too much credit.
90 Troll Warrior
09/20/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Ahanss
I'd agree, except bears weren't nerfed :P. Well, at least after they hotfixed AA rage and thick hide, we're stronger than pre-patch, before then it was about the same (+/- a little depending on the fight).

Well, if you're used to mashing all your buttons and having little to no concern for your survival, I could see soloing old content being considerably more challenging now. =P

A lot of the complaints about current content seem to be along the lines of Onyxia using Deep Breathe more frequently. (I used all my cooldowns and died to impale wtf blizz bears are squishy!)
1 Draenei Paladin
Huh, just noticed that Avenger's Shield no longer silences on every bounce, only on the initial hit. I guess it was OP, but damn, it's going to take some getting used to.
39 Worgen Warlock
09/20/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Sparklefever
I'm done Fasc, I'ma leave the malcontent smashing to you.
But then you'll miss out on reading great gems such as:
ps: Critical thinking is extremely critical

Oh no no no, that dribble I quite clearly saw.
90 Human Death Knight
Huh, just noticed that Avenger's Shield no longer silences on every bounce, only on the initial hit. I guess it was OP, but damn, it's going to take some getting used to.
Ouch, really?

Good to know.

Have you noticed how it seems to bounce back to you, too? I usually notice it when I only hit two targets with it, but it can't be limited to that.

[e]
But whatever, I hate that place anyway. I saw the CE's come in at work today and got to look at mine in the back...I'm happy. Definitely happy I got it. First WoW CE I've ever gotten, too!
Oh? I hadn't even considered it. What in there is worth $20 to you?

Probably a dumb question, but I can't find the answer anywhere (probably because it's a dumb question):
If I upgrade to MoP, on my bnet account, or from the character creation screen, can I play it at midnight of release?

And then, can I download it for free again, whenever I need to? Like if I get a new computer, of it I'm somewhere else for the weekend.
Edited by Guidance on 9/20/2012 6:27 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
But then you'll miss out on reading great gems such as:
ps: Critical thinking is extremely critical
Thanks for that link.

I really enjoyed it. Started out inspired, but then sort of became an indignant, half-conscious rant, with extra "I'm a special snowflake" and "I can't do math".

I wonder why I don't follow Druids as closely as the other tanks. I should.
Edited by Guidance on 9/20/2012 7:46 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
Fairly satisfied with prot at this stage. Looking forward to seeing how it performs in a raid setting at 90 but will be happy just being solid against the content.

Soloing is better (Vortex Pinnacle/Stonecore mount runs have been peaceful). Good rage gen on the pull and aoe seems fine, although I think all tanks will face the challenge of streaming adds to rope in which is a good thing really.
Playstyle still feels active and procs are engaging enough for the priority (I'm all for guardians receiving something similar). Liking pre-meditating my AM's as well.

Small quality of life things would be maybe altering the rage gen from D-stance from "in combat" to "on hit" to value hit/expertise more and also gain some benefit from lust.
Our toolbox is still fairly packed but i guess its better to have too many abilities than too few. Just need to find room for 3 banners and the lvl 90 tier ability :)
64 Draenei Death Knight
I got an interesting gun in borderlands 2 today.

http://youtu.be/rXuJXi823kM
39 Worgen Warlock
FWIW, if I see another post from another player complaining that their class "feels broken" without any actual evidence or an argument to back it up, and after 3 pages it turns out they don't like change because change, I'm going to punch a baby.
Edited by Rijdot on 9/20/2012 7:16 PM PDT
90 Troll Warrior

Wtf.
64 Draenei Death Knight

Wtf.

I would actually use that gun but it reduces your movement speed to near nothing. I got a legendary shield yesterday that did the same thing and even though it was awesome in every other way, i couldn't use it.
90 Troll Warrior
09/20/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Runtime
I got a legendary shield yesterday that did the same thing and even though it was awesome in every other way, i couldn't use it.

Ah, I got that one too. Like 4800 Shield, -680 health, speed boost when shield is empty, something about a Hare?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I SWEAR the stickies in this forum change locations.

The other day the lvl 85 gear guide was on bottom now Waniou's sticky.

Am i the only one noticing this?

Also, for those who havent noticed they updated the formulas on sacred duty.

Warriors and paladins have different caps on dodge, and different k constants. This seems strange to me.
Edited by Celyndrashad on 9/20/2012 8:49 PM PDT
64 Draenei Death Knight
09/20/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Sildas
I got a legendary shield yesterday that did the same thing and even though it was awesome in every other way, i couldn't use it.

Ah, I got that one too. Like 4800 Shield, -680 health, speed boost when shield is empty, something about a Hare?

sounds about right. Mine was a slighly lower level though.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Celyndrashad; you have mail on your pally there. =3
85 Tauren Druid
Well after rage quitting the first round of attempts:

http://i.imgur.com/ADfj8.jpg

Is this what being a dk feels like?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]