Launcher stuck at "Checking for updates..."

90 Blood Elf Mage
When I open the launcher for World of Warcraft, it stays at "Checking for updates..." for about 5 minutes with no progress, then gives me an error. I have tried everything the support pages have said to do and still can't get past it. I was able to play after the Mists of Pandaria update, but then this problem occurred. I have also tried calling costumer support, but can get through as the lines are completely full.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
help my friend kehbeh its an ordehr

no seriously she cannot miss pirate day.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
You'd be best to ask over in Tech support.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
You enabled secondary login, right?
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")
Reply Quote
Yes, I went to the settings and it was already enabled.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
Then you'll want to work further with the Tech Support folks. I'd recommend calling them.
"In the name of Elune, I will punish you!"
Reply Quote
I've tried to call for about a week now and their call lines are completely full. :(
Reply Quote
did you do a re-install lately or are trying to work it? try ctrl + alt + dlte then go to the processes take out agent and the launcher then keep trying you should have it working within a few times and work from that.

if that doesn't work i am sorry but that is what i did to get mine going.
Reply Quote
Nope did that earlier :( Thanks for the suggestion though
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
my friend has the same issue
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I got the same issue, tried every thing. Oh well account canceled till its fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I have the same issue and I really don't want to have to reinstall the whole thing, not good enough when they are making so much money from us.
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Hunter
same problem. haven't been able to get on for about 5 days now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
same issue, its annoying as hell
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
same problem here i cant open the launcher itself, i can open the wow.exe and play just fine but the launcher isnt propelly opening, stays on the white box before the launcher that says "checking for updates"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard WTF get on this
Reply Quote
Having the same issue here guys. :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
So am i i have even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling about 2 times and it still hasnt worked....
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Same here, it let me run the wow executable directly, but not from launcher. Stuck at checking for updates. It always launches 4 Agent.exe processes in task manager, then crashes.

Well, now when i click the executable (starting today) the launcher is trying to take over. Very frustrating...

I am on Windows 7 Ultimate, wonder if it's an OS issue (tried all the commonly listed things)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Scidoosh, if you have any type of security program, please try each step below:

1) Configure your security program.

2) Disable your security program.

3) Uninstall your security program, and reinstall it afterwards.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]