Unholy or Frost?

Pulling my DK out of the basement for mop, wondering whats the better spec at the moment, Unholy or Frost, my main is blood, but I need an offspec for scenarios.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like Unholy Spec. more, because it's more fun - diseases, minion, death coil, etc. Unlike Frost Spec. which is kinda boring - spamming howling blast, frost strike, and OB. Overall it just depends on which spec. you feel is more fun to use.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Frost is easy to pick up and play plus the range of howling blast is nice vs uh which has deathcoil as ranged attack for runic power. I heard they buffed disease damage though.
Reply Quote
Hows frost with 2 handed?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
For me, the two are within ~500 dps of each other in my current dps gear. 2h frost is a lot of fun but 2x1h has been consistently ~500 dps ahead on the dummies.

I think it is as the others here have said, which one fits your playstyle or is more fun for you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
People will argue about what spec and so on sims the best or performs the best on whatever the current content is at the time. There are truths that can decide things though.

1. What is your best weapons?

2. What do you prefer to play?

3. Do you like or hate pets?

All of these are what are leading factors to decide what you will wish to play. Now to break it down simply.

----
1. What is your best weapons?

Odds are if your 2 hander is far higher in Item Level? Then it's a great chance that both 2 Handed Frost and Unholy would win over Dual Wield Frost. If you have 2x 397 1 handers and a 378 2 hander? Yes you will want to be dual wield. Having a 397 Main hand a 378 Offhand is no substitute for the other specs using Gurth most likely.
----
2. What do you prefer to play?

Each of them plays slightly different. We are all similar but each has a flavor and some may like or hate them. 2 Handed Frost can feel slightly different than DW or Unholy. If you really dislike 2 Handed Frost for whatever reason you may find yourself either having to howling Blast focus as Dual Wield or try Unholy.
----
3. Do you like or hate pets?

This is truly the most deciding factor at least in regards to if you even want to be Unholy. Some players truly hate pet classes and Unholy is that. So if you have a 2 Hander and like CD's and Pets? Then Unholy is possibly for you. If you hate pet management or do not like having your damage being dependent on a pet AI? Then Frost maybe the spec for you.
----

My 2 cents anyway. Sorry if it was long and too much info on the subject. Really it's about playing what you prefer.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/18/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Sarosha
Hows frost with 2 handed?

Amazing, frankly. And lots of fun. No rampup time is a plus, too.

Not to mention with the stat weights of MoP you can OS unholy if you want - without reforging.

Edit: What Tor said.
Edited by Ghatok on 9/18/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
09/17/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Heaveninsky
I like Unholy Spec. more, because it's more fun - diseases, minion, death coil, etc.

Same.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Raid-wise I haven't saw a frost out dps me. Either or you could pull amazing dps with either spec as of now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Use whichever spec you find more enjoyable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]