3D view option disappeared since last update

86 Blood Elf Paladin
I can no longer view characters in "3D" mode, since the last update.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Please provide a few more details. Not only are their multiple OS platforms, there are a whole bunch of OS versions and device models. It would also be good to know what network provider you're using or if you're primarily on WiFi.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Here is my info:
Android version 2.3.4
Phone model is LG-VM701
Network provider is Virgin Mobile (I think they are on the Sprint network)

When I viewed my character's profile, I used to have a button called "3D View", that is no longer there, and I see no other place or option to see 3D view, so it's not that it's "not working" so much as it is that the entire functionality seems to have disappeared.
Edited by Judgemental on 9/23/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
The Mobile Armory automatically disables the 3D Model Viewer when it detects low memory on Android devices. I'll investigate further to see if that is behaving properly or not.

Edit: I said "Android automatically disables" but I meant "Mobile Armory automatically disables".
Edited by Wilebosk on 10/4/2012 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Good to know. It disappeared on me during after the last update, I had never not seen it before. I checked right now, I don't have the button available, and I have 117mb RAM used and 292mb RAM free. This is normal for my phone with nothing running other than my system essentials, and I know that I've used that button when I had other apps running with a larger used/free ratio than that.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Any other news on this?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
10/04/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Judgemental
Any other news on this?

The OS on your device sets a cap on how much memory an app can use, and in this case the cap is lower than the threshold we need to enable the feature. We had to increase the memory usage due to the addition of the Mists assets.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Interesting. So are there any options for me? I guess anything from here is going to require a fix on my phone's part. Thanks for your help!

You wouldn't happen to know if I can change that do you? I'll research it myself but just in case you know.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Mobile technology is the wild west, so solutions to problems can spring up overnight, or you'll find it's been available all along but the knowledge is silo'd on the fringe of the interwebs. You may find this helpful: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758256385

Let me know how this works out for you or if you find a separate solution.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I have the same problem - no 3D viewer. I have an ipod touch running software version 4.2.1
I am using wifi connectivity but have never had a problem previously. I have 1.8G of free space left on the device...I don't know if that is a problem or not. It is an old model though - 2nd generation A1288.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I have the same problem - no 3D viewer. I have an ipod touch running software version 4.2.1
I am using wifi connectivity but have never had a problem previously. I have 1.8G of free space left on the device...I don't know if that is a problem or not. It is an old model though - 2nd generation A1288.

Second Generation iPods are on the extremely low end of the spectrum, so the updates to the 3D Model Viewer for Mists will likely not work. We needed to increase the requirements on it due to the pandaren models. As the quality of 3D models increases, older devices will begin to be phased out for use. The 2nd gen iPod and iPhone 3G will be losing support from Apple soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]