Server Population

90 Human Paladin
It seems that the Thunderhorm population is way down from its glory days. From what I was reading (and not sure if it's entirely accurate) but top servers have close to five times the population of Thunderhorn. Any chance for high level servers to transfer character here or for a server merge with other low pop servers? There's no life here but I don't want to pay to move all my characters off after 7 years.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/18/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Iliuvatar
I don't want to pay to move all my characters off after 7 years.

and you shouldn't have to..

When i'm looking at server populations I usually check wowprogress.com though i'm sure there are better or more accurate sources.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Gives population, horde to alliance ratio, US ranking for progression, timezone info and the ability to easily mouse3 and pop open individual servers in a new tab to view possible guilds on each.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
We are nearly as bad off as those server that receive free transfers. Do not expect that to happen here nor do we have enough progression to drawn in transfers to our server.

The only ways to see a jump in our population is for someone like FE or Ruthless to break into top 100 US or better and heavily recruit for additional teams or go to 25 man raiding. Another possibility is for our server to recruit a hard core progression guild to move it's guild here for 25 man raiding and provide them a solid pool of ranked players to poach once they arrive for their main team or team expansion.

I can only see these reasons to get Thunderhorn's name on the map. Judson and I have both offered goodies to drawn them. So weird considering that "my milkshake brings all the boyz to the yard".

Sym
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I think everyone should just transfer to Sargeras. Midwinter is coming...along with the other 3 guilds that are already here and have gotten top 100 US Madness kills. The big get bigger and the small get smaller.
Edited by Twiizted on 9/20/2012 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
09/18/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Iliuvatar
There's no life here but I don't want to pay to move all my characters off after 7 years.

Honestly if you enjoy this game and play it regularly its worth the money to transfer 1 or 2 characters off of Thunderhorn. I started on Thunderhorn played for awhile was fun but your missing out on so much. As soon as I came to Area52 (Horde) I enjoyed the game 100% more. From someone who has done it, its well worth it to at the very least transfer your Main off of that realm to a High Pop realm.

Edit: I am pretty sure Order Of The Crimson Dagger just transferred off the realm to Area52 also.
Edited by Breezyod on 9/22/2012 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Sorry to bump this up, but it's been a long time; more like 5 months since i been to the Thunderhorn Forums. Anyhow, i do agree with the Low Server population, which is what lead to my dismissal of the realm. Thunderhorn was my home for 5 years, but it was just time to move on. Sadly, i didn't want to come to that outcome, but everytime i would play at night, the server was really dead. There was only one guild, who raided late nights, which is something that i really like to do. There just wasn't many options out there, which kinda made my gameplay boring. I hope this realm, if not now, has an increase of population in the future, because it's really needed. For now, take care everyone in that realm, and thanks to those individuals who made my stay at Thunderhorn a happy one, for all those years.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
09/20/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Twiizted
Midwinter is coming...

I lol'ed
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Thunderhorn had glory days?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
For those looking for actual numbers, I run census on both horde and alliance sides near continuously. Surprisingly the ratio remains much the same at 1:1.75 H:A, but overall numbers have declined. Obviously there was a spike during the first month of MoP with alliance peaking at 986 and horde 756 online. Since opening day these numbers have declined as expected. Weekend peaks can reach into the 800s alliance, but haven't broken 700 horde side in a couple of weeks. Weekday peaks are low 700s A and high 400s H. Late night numbers are mid to high 100s A and 70s H. Overall the numbers are still 20% higher than pre-Mop.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I miss the Thunderhorn of old.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/07/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Arij

It would be nice! those days were fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/07/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Arij

Arij! Thunderhorn of old meaning there were server queue times. Meaning this server was very well populated. Too bad it hasn't been near that in several xpacs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Yah, having left at the end of TBC and looking at it now is quite a drastic change. I miss The House too. /nostalgia

That said, there is still a better forum community here than most larger scale servers. Which is why I still creep around and read here haha.
Edited by Arij on 11/12/2012 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This cross realms aren't helping anyone on thease realms Kalecgos when I came back on had 1565.00 players and now after a week we are down to 650 player so how dose this help my server ??? The new player trying to lvl are getting ganked so much they just leave the game and even old players have left because of all the ganking that is now going on because of cross realming.
Edited by Shalacon on 12/20/2012 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/08/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Lutheion

Arij! Thunderhorn of old meaning there were server queue times. Meaning this server was very well populated. Too bad it hasn't been near that in several xpacs.

Conga Train BWL/Molten Snore for the 9pm Lag spike! and yeah there was a time
where thunderhorn had a pretty big queue time.

The House/Lobster Brood raid race wars :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hello T-horners! Long time, no see.

I have to agree with the people saying transfer. I used to play a priest on Thunderhorn(Fizzles - Horde) what seems like an eternity ago. I ended up leveling a brand new character on Zul'jin(Excellent PvE/Horde server) and found that I enjoyed higher populations way more. After a decently long hiatus from the game altogether, I decided to go Alliance instead and leveled a this priest on Kel'Thuzad. Kel'Thuzad is by far my favorite server now.

The pugging on high population servers is way better if you don't have time to commit to a specific guild for raiding. The progression is always better, so you will probably be able to easily join a high progression guild if that's your thing. If you're into PvP you can get great arena partners within seconds of requesting through trade chat. I do miss the community in Thunderhorn, but you can get that same sense of community within your guild on any server.

I say if you are considering transferring you should do it. If you're worried about money and not particularly attached to your characters, you can level brand new ones. I got this priest from 1-90 in ~5 days played time, about a month playing casually. By 60, I had leveling legs, back, head and honor leveling shoulders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/08/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Lutheion

Also, this.
Reply Quote
58 Goblin Priest
12/20/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Mightyleech

Conga Train BWL/Molten Snore for the 9pm Lag spike! and yeah there was a time
where thunderhorn had a pretty big queue time.

The House/Lobster Brood raid race wars :)

I remember those days. Standing around in attack motion, people turning around in circles. You could set your watch to the lag spikes! The queue times got insane at some points. 5000+ plus in line, 30 minute waits or more. *le sigh*

Who could forget dancing waiting for the MC raid to start?

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/lagmoose/brm.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/lagmoose/brm2.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Is it me or when i clicked on the link it poped up with a naked tauren ugnok you got problems my good sir. :P
But yeah i remember the glory days o.o kinda
Reply Quote
58 Goblin Priest
Well.. Nature was always the... ::shades:: free spirit (yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!)

I think I may have even more photos from ye olden days of WoW. You know, back when I was but a wee Orc Warrior.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]