Launcher Optimization Problems

85 Tauren Death Knight
Every time I attempt to start the Launcher Optimization, I always get the same error. I start the process and I get to about either 1% or 6% and then experience my problem. My problem says "Can not access necessary files. Please check your internet connection." I am connected to the internet, have reset reset my computer, restarted my internet, removed all .lock and .mpq files from my data folder and tried again. I have deleted my battle.net folder and tried again. Currently, I am in the process of reinstalling WoW entirely. Once it is installed, I will try the Optimization again, but, assuming it doesn't work, does anyone have any advice for me or is anyone experiencing this same problem?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you download the new World of Warcraft Setup from Battle.net, you will bypass the optimization part, as this starts off at 5.0.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]