5% Casting Haste Buff

85 Human Priest
Short version: I want this buff to be more easily available, for quality of life purposes only. I make no claim to needing this buff. Making it baseline for any of the 3 classes that currently can provide it would go a long way, or at the very least add it onto either mages or warlocks (preferably the latter, as this seems like it'd be easier to balance them knowing they'll have the buff 100% of the time).

Long version: Here's my raid composition going into Mists.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=vuyholcqxf000000000000000000000000000000

Tanks:
Guardian Druid
Protection Warrior

Healers:
Holy Priest
Restoration Shaman
Mistweaver Monk

DPS:
Frost Mage
Demonology Warlock
Windwalker Monk
Subtlety Rogue
Retribution Paladin

We are, as I call it, seriously casual. We break no records on our server, nor do we try to. Even now, we're not 8/8H in Dragon Soul, but we have fun trying. That said, we do take our raids seriously. We're there to try and down new bosses each time we go in there. As such, we avoid missing something crucial, and expect people to be giving raiding the preparation it deserves (coming in with flasks, food, enchants, etc..).

So here's our problem. 50% of our raid are spell casters. We have no spell haste buff. Yes, it's a ten man, so we probably shouldn't expect to cover every buff/debuff. Yes, you can clear normals without a single buff. We're not that great of a group though, to be frank. That extra bit goes a long way. Especially considering we've got almost a rainbow group going (2 monks going into the xpac they're being introduced seems pretty fair in my opinion), it seems a shame we have no way of getting this buff without asking someone to abandon the class they like playing for another.

EVERY other buff brought to our raid is by a buff made baseline to the respect class. The ONE we're missing, is completely unique in that it can not be obtained without bringing a specific spec from the classes that bring it (exception: sporebat).

My ideal solution would be to see this buff either made baseline to the hybrids that can bring it; priests, shaman, and/or druids. Otherwise, adding this in baseline to a pure DPS cloth class would go a long way too.

Considering that casters (and healers) WILL gear for haste breakpoints, it seems silly to have this one buff be more particular to obtain than all of the others.

Anyone disagree, or have other thoughts on this?
Edited by Alexander on 9/19/2012 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ghostcrawler's response when asked this question was something like, "If you don't have a hybrid caster you probably don't have many casters to benefit from the buff."

I'd like to see it be a baseline buff for priest/shaman/druid. For some reason GC is against giving healers any buffs other than the baseline class buffs.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
I agree it seem to be the one buff that is missing alot of the time i have even seen a 25man raid with no haste buff.
Also i agree that it should be priest or warlock, priests already have it for one spec so just make it for all priest specs and call it good.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/19/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Adelaide
Ghostcrawler's response when asked this question was something like, "If you don't have a hybrid caster you probably don't have many casters to benefit from the buff."

Aye, I remember hearing that. Didn't see a link to it, but it sounds like a believable quote. Regardless, I'm hoping to drum up support that it's just plain not true. Healers gear for haste breakpoints too.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Death Knight
I'd just make the resto shaman pick the buff.EDIT: Correction, was looking at self passive.

After further looking at your raid comp, is this really going to be your raid comp or did you just pick it to benefit the arguement? Change out the windwalker for a hunter and you get your buff.
Edited by Valrae on 9/19/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
09/19/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Adelaide
For some reason GC is against giving healers any buffs other than the baseline class buffs.
It's not 'some reason' its specifically because groups don't need any motivation to bring healers regardless of the class.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/19/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Patella
For some reason GC is against giving healers any buffs other than the baseline class buffs.
It's not 'some reason' its specifically because groups don't need any motivation to bring healers regardless of the class.

Do groups need motivation to bring dps?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/19/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Valrae
I'd just make the resto shaman pick the buff.

The level 60 talent Ancestral Swiftness? That is a Shaman only buff; it does not affect the raid.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Death Knight
09/19/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Alexander
I'd just make the resto shaman pick the buff.

The level 60 talent Ancestral Swiftness? That is a Shaman only buff; it does not affect the raid.

Yar fixed it, didn't read the spell entirely. Been a long day :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/19/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Normie
You don't have a hunter or hybrid DPS? Get one?

We do not. You're free to read the first post past the first sentence to see that.

Who would you like me to tell they're not allowed to bring the class they enjoy playing? We were very fortunate as a casual group to happen into such a diverse raid composition as it is.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Death Knight
09/19/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Alexander
You don't have a hunter or hybrid DPS? Get one?

We do not. You're free to read the first post past the first sentence to see that.

Who would you like me to tell they're not allowed to bring the class they enjoy playing? We were very fortunate as a casual group to happen into such a diverse raid composition as it is.

What about the people swapping to new classes? AKA Monks, what were they before?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/19/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Valrae
What about the people swapping to new classes? AKA Monks, what were they before?

Disc priest (me, swapping to mistweaver monk, and taking in a new healer priest as one of our resto shaman won't be going into mists) and Arcane mage (we had two mages in Cata).

Make the shaman go elemental, and the paladin go holy.

Winning?

If it were staying in class roles, yes. The ret pally does not want to heal though, and the shaman does. We're doing that whole "bring the player, not the class" thing. We just happened into a diverse range of classes.
Edited by Alexander on 9/19/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I'd say give it to Mistweaver Monks...(and monks in general) I believe they get a stat buff like MotW or Fort (I don't remember which but I know it's something that nearly every raid has.)

Also to add, my group will STILL have a Priest and Druid in it so most likely my Mistweavers buff will go unneeded =(
Edited by Tigerleaf on 9/19/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Orc Death Knight
09/19/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Alexander

Disc priest (me, swapping to mistweaver monk, and taking in a new healer priest as one of our resto shaman won't be going into mists) and Arcane mage (we had two mages in Cata).

Make the shaman go elemental, and the paladin go holy.

Winning?

If it were staying in class roles, yes. The ret pally does not want to heal though, and the shaman does. We're doing that whole "bring the player, not the class" thing. We just happened into a diverse range of classes.

Why don't you swap to Shadow?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
09/19/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Adelaide

Do groups need motivation to bring dps?
When that DPS could be a healer instead? Yes.
Much easier to tell the moonkin to swap to resto and then pick up another DPS than to find a healer. That means losing the spell haste buff though.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/19/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Valrae

Why doesn't who swap to shadow? I will not be playing this character come Mists. The other priest healer we have coming in we're taking to heal, not DPS.

Edit: For whatever it's worth, even as a monk I'm going to be healing. We're taking 3 healers into T14. As far as I know, that's expected for most groups.
Edited by Alexander on 9/19/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Edit: For whatever it's worth, even as a monk I'm going to be healing. We're taking 3 healers into T14. As far as I know, that's expected for most groups.

Mine is as well =)

Disc / Holy priest
Resto Druid
And me on Mistweaver Monk =D
Reply Quote
70 Orc Death Knight

Why doesn't who swap to shadow? I will not be playing this character come Mists. The other priest healer we have coming in we're taking to heal, not DPS.

Sounds more like you don't want to budge on it claiming "I like this class I only played on the beta."

You have options, but you don't want to take the options.

I understand how raiding goes and wanting every buff, but if you're not willing to adapt for it, you just shouldn't get it. Blizzard shouldn't have to balance raid comps so any composition can have every single buff.

Also note: The buff won't make or break anything, it would just be "nice".

EDIT: I don't mean you specifically btw, I mean your raid in general.
Edited by Valrae on 9/19/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]