T30 Blazing speed

90 Undead Mage
glyphed ice block is actually one of the best escapes...idk what ur talking about lol. nova + 3 seconds no spells? u must be bad. combined with cold snap? oh man that can be a !@#$% to deal with.

Best escapes?? You're trapped in Ice with enemy players converging in on your location. How is that escaping?

Or maybe you could try /shoo them away.. that might cause the nice Alliance players to leave you alone ;)

Glyphed Ice Block you say? .. yeeeeah.. against a stupid Warrior, DK, Pally or Rogue who are up close and constantly try to hit you while encased .. but against a Hunter .. against a spell-caster giving chase (because 3sec invulnerability to spells aint long) .. or even a DK who will trap you when you attempt to Blink away .. same predicament as normal Ice Block but without the Glyph.

Even with Cold Snap, you can't use Ice Block again for 30secs... more then enough time for two or more players to wipe you out.

have you ever heard of cancelaura macros? rofl. quick ice block then cancel gets a nova + the glyph affect. So maybe U are encased but any other mage smart enough to use a macro will be encased for a second or so and then keep on moving.

cold snap finishes your ice block cooldown....learn to read tooltips? Thats two glyphed ice blocks right there in a little Over 30 seconds. along with 2 frost novas 2 cones of cold + a 30% heal. you really can't get away from one rogue/war/dk?

as for blazing being fine thats obviously where you and id argue a majority of mages who pvp disagree
Edited by Brewslee on 9/20/2012 2:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Iceblock leaves you with a debuff that prevents you from using it again for some time, much like the Paladin's Hand of Protection and Divine Intervention leave them with a debuff. It has done this for a long time. So in other words, you're ignorant about one of the core mechanics of mage survivability. A mechanic that has existed at least since BC. You really don't seem very credible, especially compared to the max level mage who understands how the class works, who made a very nice video demonstrating his point, and who has written some very good arguments for the use of Blazing Speed.

Also, I gave Blazing Speed a try, and I'm loving it a lot more than ice barrier. Sure, I wish it was buffed. That would be more fun, but even as it is, it's pretty good. Haven't died once so far, and that's a treat!

(That said, the old ice block, blink, improved invisibility still works very well. It just can't be done very often.)
Edited by Sylvancrest on 9/20/2012 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Iceblock leaves you with a debuff that prevents you from using it again for some time, much like the Paladin's Hand of Protection and Divine Intervention leave them with a debuff. It has done this for a long time. So in other words, you're ignorant about one of the core mechanics of mage survivability. A mechanic that has existed at least since BC. You really don't seem very credible, especially compared to the max level mage who understands how the class works, who made a very nice video demonstrating his point, and who has written some very good arguments for the use of Blazing Speed.

Also, I gave Blazing Speed a try, and I'm loving it a lot more than ice barrier. Sure, I wish it was buffed. That would be more fun, but even as it is, it's pretty good. Haven't died once so far, and that's a treat!

(That said, the old ice block, blink, improved invisibility still works very well. It just can't be done very often.)

My fault. It's late here and I'm tired. Edited above. But point still stands in the span of less Than a minuto can get off 4 novas. Cold snap and glyphed iceblock shouldn't be underestimated.

As for this Mage have you ever heard of multiple accounts? U do realize a player can have more than one right? It's why a lot of post may be made by people who have Maxed characters but are posting on a lower level one. If that bothers u than u should go complain to the tons of other people with multiple accounts. maxed =\= credibility?

If u can't understand Mage mechanics then lol

The video demonstrated bad play by enemy players and bad play by him. If you want real pvp videos go to Warcraft movies and watch some 2k+ Mage videos.

As for blazing speed I agree the spell is incredibly fun. A lot more do than temporal or barrier but when compared to temp and barrier it's obvious who the clear winner Is. Their utility Is Far greater. Blazing fills a Tiny niche of running away when u either like to make poor choices as shown in the video, or want to add some flavorful fun but nothing serious. It really could use a buff to make the skill more desirable. There's a reason why a majority of people are not choosing it

Edit: since the thread so far has been mainly about blazing and because I'm to tired to go in depth about the other two besides what I've said, here's a good thread from a few days ago that ends up being a discussion on I've barrier and temporal. Blazing is slightly mentioned
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6551285518?page=1

And another that's on g-invis and blazing. Voicing many of the same concerns I have with blazing speed compared to temp and especially ice barrier.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413134381
Edited by Brewslee on 9/20/2012 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

Great to hear! And thanks for your feedback :)
Edited by Deist on 9/20/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
TBI
I feel that Blazing Speed is still sometimes worthwhile, but works best in open-pvp environments. I don't have tons of arena experience, but with what little I have, mages typically want to be focused on dealing tons of CC and damage rather than dragging out fights trying to run away. For a Warlock, sure, it'd be great, but not for pew pew.

I think all the talent needs is a shorter cool down to be perfect. 15 sec (or 20sec + affected by haste) would work best. Ice barrier can be buffered before combat to mitigate its cool down, and temporal shield can be used at select moments to literally double a mage's health bar.

A single, short escape once every 25 seconds is just too spread apart to be effective in smaller scale pvp.

Just my $0.02

Edit: fixed
Edited by Lexiya on 9/20/2012 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I feel that Blazing Speed is still worthwhile, but works best in open-pvp environments. I don't have tons of arena experience, but with what little I have, mages typically want to be focused on dealing tons of CC and damage rather than dragging out fights.

I think all the talent needs is a shorter cool down to be perfect. Ice barrier can be buffered before combat to mitigate its cool down, and temporal shield can be used at select moments to literally double a mage's health bar.

A single, one-time escape every 25 seconds is just too spread apart to be effective in smaller scale pvp.

Just my $0.02

I agree. the requirements and mechanics around when blazing can be used are too restricting. Removing the kill/2% hp requirement would be nice. Also either increasing the duration (speed lowered as a result) or reducing the cooldown. I doubt the latter would happen as blizz prob doesn't want mages zooming around every 15 seconds lol.
Edited by Brewslee on 9/20/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
TBI
Edit: sorry for double post. Silly iPhone.

Delete me.
Edited by Lexiya on 9/20/2012 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
shameless bump
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
For me all they would need to do to fix it is remove the activation requirements and i'd be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/22/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Spelmasta
For me all they would need to do to fix it is remove the activation requirements and i'd be happy.

I agree. I feel thats what turns people off the most to the spell.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Rogue
i like ice barrier
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Agreed.

Probably 99% of mages will choose ice barrier. It's a no-brainer. So much so that it isn't really a choice. That talent tier is "the ice barrier tier". The other talents in the tier, especially blazing speed, might as well not exist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]