Would Blood Elves rejoin the Alliance?*ToW*

90 Human Paladin
**Warning this is speculation, please remain calm**

And I'm on the part where Garrosh has all the leaders of the Horde gathered and when the plan to attack theramore was brought up Sylvannas objected for fear of Varian turning his armies towards the Forsaken for revenge.

What I found interesting about this was she also included that the sin'dorei would be attacked as well hoping to get support from Lor'themar Theron, only for him to basically ignore her. Which got me thinking, if Varian did push north and conquered the northern lands of the Eastern Kingdoms would he attack the blood elfs?

I wouldn't be surprised if Lor'themar attempted to reintegrate into the Alliance with the Forsaken bulwark gone and for the survival of his people. And for the most part the blood elves have played a pretty minor role in the war effort against the Alliance and seem to actually be one of the more helpful Horde races towards Alliance races.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I would have said 'eh, maybe, or try to negotiate neutrality' before, but...

Not after Theramore. No way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would have said 'eh, maybe, or try to negotiate neutrality' before, but...

Not after Theramore. No way.

Haven't gotten to that part yet =o
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'd say ya, it's a possibility. Theramore doesn't really affect their chances at going alliance, or at least neutral. Some things seems to hint at blood elf loyalties to the horde.
Edited by Zarhonix on 9/14/2012 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman

And I'm on the part where Garrosh has all the leaders of the Horde gathered and when the plan to attack theramore was brought up Sylvannas objected for fear of Varian turning his armies towards the Forsaken for revenge.

What I found interesting about this was she also included that the sin'dorei would be attacked as well hoping to get support from Lor'themar Theron, only for him to basically ignore her. Which got me thinking, if Varian did push north and conquered the northern lands of the Eastern Kingdoms would he attack the blood elfs?

I wouldn't be surprised if Lor'themar attempted to reintegrate into the Alliance with the Forsaken bulwark gone and for the survival of his people. And for the most part the blood elves have played a pretty minor role in the war effort against the Alliance and seem to actually be one of the more helpful Horde races towards Alliance races.

Thoughts?

You need to read the short story on Lor'themar to understand why he behaved the way he did. It wasn't out of spite or plotting intentions, the guy is just basically defeated. He's having his people squandered between Garrosh and Sylvannas and he doesn't have it in him to retaliate :(
Edited by Orneryboy on 9/14/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Can't happen within the scope of WoW. Aside from the significant game developmental difficulties of having a race swap factions, there is also the fact that it would cause the playerbase to explode in a fury of nerd rage the likes of which have never been seen.

At any rate, Lor'themar makes it very clear in Tides of War he is loyal to the Horde, but makes it rather ambiguous on whether he is loyal to Garrosh. My guess is he's going to play an unexpected role in the Horde rebellion.

Perhaps Garrosh will end up closing in on the ringleaders of the rebellion when it's getting started up, only for Lor'themar to burst in with a contingent of Blood Elven Mages, declare his affiliation to the rebellion straight to Garrosh's face, and then have everyone teleported to safety. The whole time lampshading the fact that no one took him seriously as a member of the Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
the blood elves do not like the alliance, they do not want to be members of the alliance.

they quit the alliance the first chance they got. they had their last king sentenced to death by an incompetent racist plot tool. they were being spied on by both Nelves and dwarves. an alliance prince killed almost all of them. the alliance never lifted a finger for the relief efforts in silvermoon. alliance high elves have been antagonizeing the blood elves constantly, to the point that in dalaran there was a group formed with the sole purpose of messing with the blood elves.

this is a group of people, who do not like the alliance, and at best saw a need to use the alliance for their own ends twice in nearly 3K years(first time it wasnt the alliance it was humans in general)
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Death Knight
No way, especially not after Theramore and !!SPOILERS!! Thalen Songweaver's betrayal of the Kirin Tor and Jaina Proudmoore.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The blood elves will rejoin the alliance the same day the night elves rejoin the horde.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The important thing to remember is that when garrosh thanked Lor'themar for his personal loyalty, the leader of the sin'dorei said he was loyal to the horde. When garrosh mentioned that he was the warchief of the horde, lor'themar agreed that he was the warchief.... for now. I wouldn't be shocked if silvermoon was the first to rise up against the warchief. (with help of course from dalaran, Lor'themar is too canny a politician to not have the help of a powerful friend or two before doing anything that may have even a hint of risk involved)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Hey I would jump ship to the Alliance given the chance.

One of my dreams since creating my list of Blood Elf characters was that one day they will be both 'cured' and redeemed. I have always known it will never happen but Blood Elves were the closest I could get to playing a High Elf.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
"Sorry about the whole 'brutally murdering all your best people to death'. We swear, Garrosh totally made us do it!"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hellfire Peninsula will freeze over before the Blood elves ever rejoin the Alliance!
Edited by Zerde on 9/14/2012 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Thoughts?

You need to read the short story on Lor'themar to understand why he behaved the way he did. It wasn't out of spite or plotting intentions, the guy is just basically defeated. He's having his people squandered between Garrosh and Sylvannas and he doesn't have it in him to retaliate :(

I read the short story and was thinking that is why he acted in such a way in the meeting.
Reply Quote
They can get back as indentured servants.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Relations between the Alliance and Quel'thalas are probably at the worst point they've been in the entire history of the Azeroth after Theramore. So it's doubtful.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I think it would be easier, safer gameplay-wise, to have the existing High Elves have a bigger role in the Alliance.
Reply Quote
If we get High/Blood Elves again, they will be the Silver Covenant bolstered by Outland High Elves, Stormwind High Elves, and a handful of Theramore survivors.

Which, mind you, I'd LOVE to see.

But at this point, I don't expect we will see Blood Elves in the Alliance.
Edited by Jaelara on 9/14/2012 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Vereesa Windrunner wouldn't allow it. Not after that fiasco.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
09/14/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Vyrin
Relations between the Alliance and Quel'thalas are probably at the worst point they've been in the entire history of the Azeroth after Theramore. So it's doubtful.

holy poop, vyrin and i agree on something... the world is ending, the mayans were a few months off, we are all screwed!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]