Why do we all have the same base mana now?

90 Draenei Shaman
I dont understand why they had to make it that everyone has the same mana. Like myself, i worked hard and waited forever to get alot of gear and get high mana and now its all different. It just doesnt make sense to me.....
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
To make sure spirit is the only regen stat and make sure they can control regen scaling better.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
that makes sense but it makes me upset when i see a fresh 85 has the same amount of mana as i do and im just about full heroic DS geared.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
I'm sure you'll be able to figure out alternate methods of flaunting your clearly gargantuan e-peen now that mana pools are no longer an option.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Seems to me I wasted a lot of gold on +50 Intellect gems for my gear.

I went from 140K mana to 100K

I want a refund...lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
im still managing my mana the same way with the lightning bolt spam and spirit just like other classes do it their way. its just weird seeing everyone with the same amount of mana.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
yeah i had like 143k or somthin. cant even remember anymore :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/15/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Undêrtow
that makes sense but it makes me upset when i see a fresh 85 has the same amount of mana as i do and im just about full heroic DS geared.

Yea but that same 85 cant jump into a HOL dungeon and do squat.

You'll have FAR superior heals and regen. I like it myself in PVP

Used to click someone and if they were full Transmog then the other way to tell them apart was by mana pool. Now they have no idea if im a fresh 85 or a veteran PVPer until the fight gets going
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I went from 140K mana to 100K

I want a refund...lol

It wasn't a waste. Int is still valuable, just not as overwhelmingly better than every other stat as it used to be.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ive always relied on spirit when others were stacking intellect. but i always had a good bit of mana to work with also. The most intellect does for me now is a small Spell power increase
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/15/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Oktarr

Int still gives spell-power, it just doesn't make your resource broken to the point where its impossible to balance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/15/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Undêrtow
Ive always relied on spirit when others were stacking intellect. but i always had a good bit of mana to work with also. The most intellect does for me now is a small Spell power increase

Int is by no means a "small" spellpower increase.

You'd think someone who is 8/8h would know their stats a little better.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well when i was checking it out with my gems a 40 int gem was only maybe 100 SP, and that seems pretty small to me
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
09/15/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Undêrtow
im still managing my mana the same way with the lightning bolt spam and spirit just like other classes do it their way. its just weird seeing everyone with the same amount of mana.

Honestly, I feel the only problematic mechanics were rapture and the resto druids equiv, which made mana pool their primary regen stat, which seems to be what blizzard wanted to do away with. However, I don't personally mind the change too much, even though it is a little odd going from 160k or so mana to 100k.

Sadly, as a result of the change, the gnome racial became very meh for disc, as opposed to what it was pre-5.04. That's the main thing i'm unhappy about.

Int is just sp and crit, which is about what it should be. I'm not sure if the amount of crit per int was increased like the parry per str was, I don't think it was though.
Edited by Mescyn on 9/15/2012 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Damn commies are catering to China OBV.....LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't see rogues, warriors and death knights complaining about all having the same amount of resources.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Priest
Decided not worth the trouble.

Hopefully it will turn out fair.
Edited by Shylena on 9/15/2012 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Did anyone read any posts from Blizz explaining why they capped mana?

My use of it is purely offensive and I am doing just fine atm, as I think they hit a good balance for my class & role.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
They did it to make the mana game more intuitive.

Before:
Spirit increased mana regeneration for healers.

Intellect increased spell power, spell crit, mana pool (more resources), mana regeneration (similar type to spirit using formula), and increased active mana regeneration via percentile regeneration from abilities and buffs (like replenishment or innervate).

That is a hell of a lot for a single stat, and int trumped spirit (the intended regen stat) in many situations for mana regeneration.

Now:
Spirit increases mana regeneration

Intellect increases spell power annd spell crit

So now healers get to balance power and mana regeneration rather then just getting the go to stat of int.
Edited by Volmond on 9/15/2012 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]