Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
<The Gold Mint™> ( Maxdps + Narwhal + Sugar ) will be having our weekly 25m Mists of Pandaria Raid gdkp run every week commencing from the 28th of October 2012. The date / day will be finalized after the MoP release and updated here when it is decided by the Raid Council. OCT 28th Sun 11:00am invites.
Invites go out from 11:00am server time. Groups are set at 11:50am. Raid commences at 12:00noon and goes on till 4:00 or 5:00PM. We push new content and get larger pots to make the runs meaningful and fufilling for us all. On new content, we envision 600,000 to million+ gold pots when we farm all zone bosses and some bosses in heroic modes which adds upto 25,000-35,000 gold for each of us in 4-5 hours!
As always, the total gold pot will be split by all 25 members that comprise the raid group who are present at the end, alongwith 1 share to be split among all the extras / partially locked.
Having matured as partly set groups since the beginning of our humble runs from T11 content through t12 Firelands Raids and T13 Dragon Soul raids on the fine realm of Proudmoore, we believe we have what it takes to mount a decent assault on the new tier Raid zones. Be prepared to put in hard work as it isn't faceroll content! While the core are capable, it depends on those that join us on how far we go in. Our raid leads are top quality folks who have been with us for years and you can completely trust them to enable us to clear content.
We plan the run as a time = gold ratio and try to maximise gold the run makes for all 25 to ensure it is viable for them over let's say farming herbs, ore for an equal period of time. We Value Time. All time invested by everyone in the run should be equally matched by the returns. We don't believe in minimum wage but Top Dollar ( well, gold :D ) for your efforts!
You are also welcome to >> /join maxdps << in game. It is a private chat channel for gdkp raiders. It is also a good channel to chat with familiar folk when you're questing on your way to Lvl 90 or making groups, etc.
If you would like to join, kindly leave a post in this thread and please mention whether you are tank/dps/heals.
Looking forward to putting the Biggest Panda Hater in his place with all of you fine folks!! <3
/Core players of The Gold Mint™ GDKP
Edited by Mindblowing on 11/6/2012 7:34 AM PST
1. You have no commitment to attend them every week. You only attend what you confirm you can attend. Family > Pixels. If you cannot show up, there is always someone to take your place and 24 people are not incovenienced for it. You have no pressure at all.
2. Make gold doing what YOU love! If you're a raider but don't like the pressure of raiding multiple days a week, several hours daily, a once or twice in a week run which takes down the available content AND nets you 6000 - 30000 gold is certainly something to think about. What's the use of being in hardcore raid guilds that don't complete content before nerf hits ?
3. If you are the lone ranger types, it is a chance to meet some wonderful people just like you. Some of my best real id friends today are from previous gdkp runs. No drama.
4. Pro Raid leaders who make boss fights simple for you. - They are amazing! They constantly direct you what to do, where to stand, etc on vent during the fight. They make the effort to briefly explain you a fight in layman's terms with no abuse or disrespect.
5. Chance to get characters you play well into Current raid content and get the current gear!
-GDKP stands for "Gold-DKP". It can also be known by similar names such as "Gold runs", "GKP runs".
- Everything of value will be auctioned off in raid chat. The highest bidder receives the item and the gold they pay is added to "The Pot".
- "The Pot" keeps growing in value until the end of the run.
- "The Pot" is split evenly at the end of the run to all 25 players in the raid present when the final boss dies. Everyone gets an equal share.
- There is no mainspec > offspec priority, its gold which determines who gets what. But if no one wants the item, is available for the minimum bid. BoE bidding is open to all. You can sell it on AH, it's not a taboo.
1. All Auctions and Bids will be in public raid chat. Items will have minimum bids, but no maximum bid. No private tells for bids are accepted. No loot is reserved. No item limit. **There is no extra loot/gold for the raid leader.**
2. Raid members will only receive their share of the gold pot if they are present in the raid when the final boss dies, no exceptions. If you leave early, you forfeit your share of the pot unless you have pre discussed it before the run with Zariina & Maxdps.
3. In the event a player is AFK for 5minutes, or without notice - or performs poorly*, is unable to connect to ventrilo, "disconnects" often, does not follow Raid Leader's instructions, displays racist/elitist behavior, starts drama or doesn't bid on an obvious upgrade for the character, they may be removed from the raid and forfeit their share of the pot if it continues. It also applies to those being rude to others on ventrilo.
*Denotes performing bad based on current gear, and/or standing in fire, and/or wiping the raid due to a boss mechanic aka being bad.
4. Gold must be **immediately** payable, sorry no IOUs. If you win an auction and refuse to pay you will be kicked and banned from future runs. If a bidder is found to be bidding higher than the money they have they will be kicked from the raid and the bidding on the item will start again.
5. If an item drops which happens to be an upgrade for someone, we expect them to bid the minimum at least. They don't have to outbid someone necessarily, but as a courtesy for those others who are putting in that extra dps for the buyer's share. We won't force anyone to buy anything, but then don't expect to be carried and then not buy anything and yet continue in that run or get an invite back!
Q. What is The Gold Mint™ ?
A. A group of raiders comprised of mains and alts that are capable of downing end game content. We will be raiding 25 man content and focus primarily on New / Current Tier Raid Zones!
Q. What is the purpose and why gdkp ?
A. For raiders who are skilled, to down end game content, gear up fast, and then make large sums of gold to help them as they play World of Warcraft. The schedule is light so that it doesn't involve a large time commitment. The money we make from runs we will split evenly amongst the 25 there. This encourages the experienced players who need no upgrades to come back, thereby enabling a smooth run full of boss kills. Everyone makes something from everything.
Q. How do I apply for a spot ?
A. You contact Maxdps. I will send you a calendar invite. However, Raid spots aren't guaranteed until Raid Leads form the raid group before raid begins.
Is my spot permanent ?
A: Every week has a different signup roster. First come first served. It isn't an implied spot guarantee. If you ask for a spot early on, even right at the end of the previous run, you are almost guaranteed to get one. If you aren't doing SIGNIFICANTLY more dps than the tank, we won't be rude to you, but please improve yourself if you want to be a regular.
Q. Are there any carrier spots ?
A. Everyone is a buyer. There are no special carrier spots. Even the carriers buy upgrades, and people who do spend well, perform well, are always invited back to earn their gold back. For instance, just because The core of the Gold Mint put the run together, it won't mean that they get any special preferences or freebies. We all save gold and are more than willing to spend for upgrades to benefit all 25 in there. All 25 are under the same rule of law.
Q: If I have never come to your run before, and have no experience, should I still sign up?
A: Yes. As long as you can perform, sign up. We sometimes have our core wanting to bring their alts and thus we require a certain class to fill their previous role. Bosses are pretty easy and our Raid Lead takes the effort to explain each fight in detail. Raid Leads take pains to make macros with names and other things. All you have to do is what you're assigned to do.
Q: Will I only be spending gold as a raider ?
A: No. At the end of every run, you make an even share back as well. For example, a 500,000 pot means each of 25 people make 20000gold. The more runs you are in, the more gold you make back. Eventually, you make back all the gold you've spent and more.
Q: Noone bid on a piece of loot. Can I make a lowball offer ?
A: No. You can watch that item being disenchanted. Shards are also auctioned.
Q: Maxdps, you don't use any specific gdkp addon and note all proceeds from loot sales by hand. If you made a mistake what do I do ?
A: I'm a human being. While I take my responsibility to the raid seriously, it may be possible that I miss writing down something or the other, although it has NEVER happened thus far. I encourage you ALL to keep a pen and book beside you to note down all proceeds to be sure that Ol' Uncle Max here isn't pulling a fast one on you! :D If I do make an error, you are welcome to point in out in raid chat / ventrilo politely and I will update the error! I spend 6000-8000 gold every run providing cauldrons and buff foods for total strangers in some cases with no added benefits for myself - that speaks for itself.
A:The majority of Invites / decisions for this run are left upto Raid Leads with me playing a Supporting / Administration / PR role. While they have their hands full raid leading and allocating instructions for all trash pulls, boss fights assisted by core members, I collect all the gold, do all the loot, trade the items, keep a tab of all collections, carry out bidding and distribution of loot and distribute the gold evenly to all 25 people at the end. Additionally, I add all raiders to my friends list / Real ID / BattleTag and invite them so we can start on time and have to arrange healers, tanks and dps at a moment's notice due to latecomers or no shows. This thing takes as much effort as a Lady Gaga concert!
Post raid, we go through recount/skada & world of logs and see who did what dps / hps / tps and screenshot various boss fight meters to make a note of top dps etc for next run's invites. If people REALLY sucked BIGTIME, they won't be invited back until they said they've improved.
My lists are made to confirm that you are on the list for this run to be considered by the Raid Leader but the final decision rests with them AT RAID INVITES TIME. Runs like these take a lot of planning and organizing and it takes a team of people to make it happen. The raid leaders decided who they want to take in based on prior experience, monster dps and a few with huge amounts of gold that end up financing the raid's time and effort into present content. There are entire guilds that raid 4 nights a week but cant down more than 1 or 2 bosses, but we pug most content and for that to be successful, we must make hard decisions.
I would humbly request you to understand and not take offense if the Raid Leader council decides to take in other people at the present time, as we are doing progression. We <3 you all!
Relax, I have a very stable Internet Service Provider. But sometimes, there are cyclones, storms, heavy rains, earthquakes, power outages which may cause me to be disconnected. With 21 million gold in my account, I don't need to steal iddybiddy pots. Calm down and continue the run. Have the Raid Leads collect the gold thereon and split that evenly. Sometimes I disconnect for 1-5 mins while my ISP server resets. Sometimes it could be Power Outages for upto 8 hrs. When I log back in, you will find your gold in the mail ( if it is a long time ). If you see me online and haven't got your gold and I don't reply to your tells etc, then feel free to open a ticket. <3 I screenshot raid group at the start of the run so I know who to mail or trade!
There are two ways to do this.
1. You register with Raid Lead as a Complete buyer and show up for every run and collect all the required item drops for the agreed sum of gold. In this case, you have to show up for all the runs until the legendary is complete as every run has a seperate pot that needs to be maximized. If you miss a run and someone else begins a legendary collection, you get to continue after that person is finished.
2. You don't register as a complete buyer. In this case the required drop items are sold on a single run basis for a fixed price as prescribed from all bosses downed on that raid, if the regular buyer doesn't show up or there are none.
I've been running GDKP's since Naxx when these things waren't in game. Will be just like Old times. Thanks for the heads up (in my case). I'll ask a couple friends to level warlocks to take care of the summoning part at least! :D
Feasts are still worth using for a GDKP.
The primary focus of the run is to use people's time correctly while balancing the amount of content we push. This tier, I'm going to have it set up that we can push through the normal's faster than we have in the past.
I encourage the GDKPers that have been with us for a while to please post in this thread about their availability.
Right now two contending times are panning out to be a Friday Evening/Night or Sunday Afternoon.
I vote for both! More progression time! :D
But I prefer Sunday Afternoon, if it's one day a week! :D
I'm considering all options right now, as I will be returning to Proudmoore roughly one week after the expac hits, or when I'm server first 90, whichever comes first. I've always liked the structure of the GDKP's and wouldn't adding one more stable character to your core.
Most welcome! <3
And I posted on the wrong toon. I blame not having my coffee buff. :p
Anyway, I would still prefer a morning run (any weekday), but if the choice is between Friday and Sunday, Friday evenings work best for me (after 6pm server). Sunday evenings after 6pm server is second best.
The GDKP is a go every Sunday from 12 noon to 4/5pm. Invites start at 11:00am.
First Run is October 28th! Possibly 21st if Lead council decides so.
Edited by Maxdps on 10/8/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.