Vortex Pinnacle Asaad fight now impossible

85 Orc Shaman
So we used to be able to recover from people not jumping for the Asaad fight. However, with the increased CD to dispels, this is no longer possible unless you have/are a Priest (Mass Dispell) or are stacking Paladins (Hand of Freedom). I doubt this will get any attention before MoP but I thought I would mention it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Been there, done that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489979007
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I did this fight the other day helping a friend gear his mage
the tank and two dps died in the first storm. the mage and I finished the rest of the fight anyway, cycling our cooldowns and whatnot

so even when people fail at jumping, the fight is far from impossible

I agree that it seems silly as it is though, but I take issue with your gross exaggeration
Reply Quote
23 Goblin Rogue
I remember when people first started running the instance and healers in paltry gear would go oom at the drop of a hat if they had to dispel everyone, man finding the jump key was hard.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Everyone seems to have forgotten to jump, especially on those big Quake fellas in Blackcore/Stonerock (I can never remember which one).

My Paladin has a much more difficult time saving everyone than my Priest of course (priority is me > tank > the rest), but he's also very recently 85. I'm finding the 8s CD on Cleanse to be a huge bummer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Jumping it off always was the intended mechanic. If a healer has to dispel it, that is a fail on the person who can't execute a simple mechanic. It doesn't make the fight harder, it just forces people to have to do something other than faceroll across their keyboard for once, which is a good thing.

Plus, there are several ways of dealing with it.

Healer Specific Abilities:
Paladin - Spec into Clemency. This gives you a dispel and 2 Hand of Freedoms for every triangle AoE thing. You don't need to dispel static cling right away, only when the AoE damage triangle you have to get in starts forming. You can also Hand of Protection it off (and do this twice in a row with Clemency too).
Priests - Ask the raid to stay close enough to be able to hit everyone with a mass dispel. You can also life grip someone who fails to stay in range of the mass dispel
Shaman - Spec into Windwalk Totem and Totemic Restoration. Use Windwalk, cancel the totem right after it removes static cling from everyone. The cancelled duration should be enough to make it off CD again for the next AoE.

Plus, there are all kinds of ways most classes and some races can break the snare if they fail a jump.
Human - Every man for Himself
Gnome - Escape Artist
Paladin - Divine Shield, Emancipate, Hand of Freedom, Hand of Protection
Shadow Priest - Dispel themselves
Warlock - Teleport, use Dark Bargain to eat the AoE damage
Mage - Blink, can probably Cauterize/Ice Block the entire AoE damage
Hunter - Disengage, Master's Call
Warrior - Heroic Leap and Charge
Druid - Wild Charge
Rogue - Cloak

People just need to stop being bad and either jump or use a personal ability to get themselves out of it. If they can't do either, they deserve the consequences.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/16/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Tiberria
use Dark Bargain to eat the AoE damage

Pretty sure this is a recipe for a very, very dead warlock about 8 seconds later.

And I'm not sure DC:Teleport works there. God knows I'm not motivated enough to go find out, though, so if you say it does, that's fine :) Still think the dispel CD is stupid, but meh. Whatever. Stupider things have been known to happen. (cough) CH range (cough) CH glyph (cough) Improved Soul Fire (cough) frost mages (cough) PWS cooldown (cough)...excuse me.
Edited by Kaels on 9/16/2012 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/16/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Kaels
And I'm not sure DC:Teleport works there.

It didn't work before 5.0.4. You take the cling with you. Imp still has the dispel spell. Maybe that still works.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, imp dispel works. Can't use GoSac, but whatever, it's a 5m.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/16/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Kaels
use Dark Bargain to eat the AoE damage

Pretty sure this is a recipe for a very, very dead warlock about 8 seconds later.

And I'm not sure DC:Teleport works there. God knows I'm not motivated enough to go find out, though, so if you say it does, that's fine :) Still think the dispel CD is stupid, but meh. Whatever. Stupider things have been known to happen. (cough) CH range (cough) CH glyph (cough) Improved Soul Fire (cough) frost mages (cough) PWS cooldown (cough)...excuse me.

The damage of the AOE ability is 50,000 per 0.5 seconds for 6 seconds, so 300,000 total. If you use Dark Bargain and eat it, the backlash will be 150,000. Unless the healer is completely not paying attention at all and doesn't heal you at all during the 8 second window, you won't die to it. If you use a healthstone, that alone should be enough to prevent the backlash from killing you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a far cry from impossible, if you yourself make the jump that's only 4 people that have to be dispelled at most, make sure one is the tank and hit the top dps after that. There are so many ways to break the root that realistically nobody should be dying best case scenario. Worst case which is probably fairly typical you end up 3 manning it but the boss is trivial enough that it's not hard to do so.

Healed it very easily on my first attempt at VP after the patch when almost everyone made the first jump. Then ran into a group where every single person could break the root, all four others missed it then didn't break it, 2x dispel, 2x freedom later (/flex)...and they all died from not getting into the triangle anyway. That was fun. I"m a healer but I'm not God.
Edited by Xes on 9/16/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bring a Disc priest.

Have them spam PoH with Spirit Shell active.

Stand in all the bad.

??????

Profit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You're a shaman.

1) Drop Windwalk totem
2) Reset Windwalk with Call of the Elements
3) Drop Windwalk again
4) ???
5) Win
Edited by Kessiaan on 9/16/2012 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
quess its 300,000 worth of dmg and spirit shell only stacks to roughly 100k even if you time it right you wont really be able to keep up with it considering it pumps out 50k really fast each tick. you might make it but with like 20k left. instead of once again forcing the healers to overwork so that dps can be lazy do the boss as intended and jump. when i ran that place i never cleansed mages hunters pallies or others who had short cds to get out for the aoe.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I did it with a group of friends. Ate the lightning, I never stopped casting PoH the entire fight. Using Power Infusion with Spirit Shell was definitely enough to absorb it with enough health left from their HP pools to live.

It's definitely not how you should feel you have to do it, but for lulz it's fun.
Edited by Qùess on 9/16/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
Did it in 333 on a disc priest, Mass dispell killed my mana but it died, did it with a resto druid by letting the 3 dps die, then just dispelling the non jumping tank while I jumped. It died eventually. Not impossible.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I warn them before the pull. If they fail at this very simple mechanic, one of them (don't care which) will be an unwilling sacrifice to the mechanics god. Their death means that I can continue to dispel the bad the next few times around.

Yes, yes. Windwalk Totem. It's funner this way.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Priests - Ask the raid to stay close enough to be able to hit everyone with a mass dispel. You can also life grip someone who fails to stay in range of the mass dispel

If people won't jump, what makes you think they're going to clump up for mass dispel? :P

09/16/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Mate
did it with a resto druid by letting the 3 dps die, then just dispelling the non jumping tank while I jumped. It died eventually. Not impossible.

This is what I usually do. You can do the fight with just a tank + healer, it's not fun and takes forever, but what choice do you have when the group wants to suicide?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm normally the only dps alive for this fight and If I go all out the boss is near dead by the time he starts drawing out the triangle. I hate healing this on my shaman because you tell them dispels have a c/d and they still wont jump. Make it so bad it's normally classes who can get out of the root :\
Edited by Kirimari on 9/17/2012 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
My Druid has never dispelled, before or after the last patch.

I don't heal through people who stand in fire, so why should I dispel people who can't watch a cast bar and press "jump" at the appropriate time?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]