ooWEE is recruiting

90 Goblin Mage
Hey peeps,

ooWEE is recruiting all classes as we march into Mists.

Been here since Dec. 2006, we are one of the oldest guilds on the server and are seasoned raiders, pvpers, lore hounds, achievement hounds, etc.

We loved to do crazy stuff over the years, but like to be known as Mature (ha, ha), no drama, get the job done kind of people. We have elite raiders, as well as beginning raiders. We have ranked pvpers, and total noobs (me).

We simply want to build our ranks, make new friends, form multiple 10 mans (with occasional 25 man content) and do BG's (rated and non-rated) and other fun stuff that meets our fancy.

Leveling through Mists we plan Tuesday & Thursday Dungeon nights, then raids as we gear out.

Interested? Send an in-game mail to Aroz/Shepard/Malewa or use the guild tab in game,

We will chat in vent.
Edited by Aroz on 9/19/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
25's and 10's, no drama, raid repairs, pvp (need healers), fun, stability, vent, yada, yada, yada

We have it all. When you're done with the rest, come join the best :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
BTW, "Best" is a relative term, as I am bias.

Allow me to break it down, Barney Style.

Been around= We have seen the drama, loot drama, manipulations, guild break-ups, trolls, etc come and go. Fun people remain over time and don't get EMO over another persons mis-step. We learn from mistakes, grow from our failures and accept (albeit tease incessantly) those who make those mistakes. Progression raiding is different, as it requires a shorter learning curve and the necessary numbers, but adjustment in those situations is done with grace and sensitivity.

Do Crazy Stuff= own the Bridge in Stormwind (albeit, late at night with overgeared pvp'ers, thats been awhile), Organize 5 40 mans to invade Stormwind before Cata(we forgot the guards were buffed to 125k when we were around 30k - we wiped alot, lol), invite a priest into our raid (who had intentionally wiped us the week before) then mass summon, only to find himself in Gurabashi Arena where he was promptly kicked from raid and..... you can figure it out ;). Mage Slow fall contest from the Tree in Hyjal, and many more.
We work at having fun.

Mature= Guild chat is pg13 (well, supposed to be) as many have children who look over their shoulder to see what mommy or daddy are doing, we have jobs, bills, and schedules as well. We do have our share of those who play ALL the time, but we cater to the more stable and consistent player. We have casual as well as aggressive players, pvpers and peacemakers, and addicted altaholics.

We are not neccessarily a 'leveling guild', though many are leveling other toons and we invite their friends among our ranks.

We do not have any server firsts (maybe a couple back in WOTLK, and close on others) If you need that join Unhuman or the occasional trade chat troll 'latest and greatest' guild that comes along.

We are friendly with other guilds and occasionally plan things together. We attempt to not burn bridges in relationships, because sometimes people want to cross back over and we like that ;).

I'm done. Aroz did not approve this.
Edited by Zoar on 11/1/2012 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
also some of the nicest people i've met in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
also some of the nicest people i've met in the game

Completely agree.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bump for a great guild.

Still remember the glory days w/ poki and the rest of you guys.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
bump.. For a guild that has made this server fun to play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love and miss you guys !!!!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
"miss us"?

Do you not have our vent info girl??

Come and heal me the next time meanmanmyers (appropriately named, I might add) comes and obliterates my squishy mage!

Hit us up online for those new island dailies. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
"miss us"?

Do you not have our vent info girl??

Come and heal me the next time meanmanmyers (appropriately named, I might add) comes and obliterates my squishy mage!

Hit us up online for those new island dailies. ;)

lol if my memory serves me correctly, she did a lot more running than she did healing last time she crossed our path =P
Edited by Goronn on 3/20/2013 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
muhahahahaha!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Old Post, on Stormreaver now...BUT

The next expac proves we may be able to grab peeps from other servers for some raids... so stay tuned ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Cool necro. Maybe a normal kill is in your future. Keep flexin.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
See below
Edited by Aroz on 11/17/2013 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
For many of us, playing World of Warcraft is not about server firsts on dying servers, but about the community of people we raid with, the experiences we share, the friendships we develop.

This, given your comment, is lost to you.

ooWEE will never appeal to trolls, wannabe elite players or people seeking a guild that HAS to be first. Believe me, I spent many years on Lethon and saw all those people come and go. Their guild rose up, made a name for themselves, then splintered and died because the character they possessed collectively was lacking. I hope that is not true your guild, sincerely, but if your team shares your mindset, I predict Abyss will be among the many of a long line of pretenders that sought a name for themselves then evaporated after a season.

You, sir, could not hold a candle to the many players I have seen in ooWEE's ranks. No doubt you would smirk at that statement, but people who really know the history of Lethon, and some of the elite players we have had the privilege to play with, could affirm that.

You are not among them.

Have fun ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Cool story bro. Tell it again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
For many of us, playing World of Warcraft is not about server firsts on dying servers, but about the community of people we raid with, the experiences we share, the friendships we develop.

This, given your comment, is lost to you.

ooWEE will never appeal to trolls, wannabe elite players or people seeking a guild that HAS to be first. Believe me, I spent many years on Lethon and saw all those people come and go. Their guild rose up, made a name for themselves, then splintered and died because the character they possessed collectively was lacking. I hope that is not true your guild, sincerely, but if your team shares your mindset, I predict Abyss will be among the many of a long line of pretenders that sought a name for themselves then evaporated after a season.

You, sir, could not hold a candle to the many players I have seen in ooWEE's ranks. No doubt you would smirk at that statement, but people who really know the history of Lethon, and some of the elite players we have had the privilege to play with, could affirm that.

You are not among them.

Have fun ;)

ACTUALLY! Me and Matto have been on the server since vanilla! We too have seen many guilds come and go. Don't let the name of Abyss fool you. Many of us in abyss have been raiding together for awhile now (matto and myself in BC) snoodler (cata) and some of the other people since start of MoP (my personal relationships). We are all friends and enjoy raiding together. To say its not about progress is just lying to yourself to save face. The fact of the matter is Oowee was once elite, but that was long ago. So to Say we will Fade in the Dust like all the other guilds is funny. If you ask me Being an Elite Guild once and now Being 11/14 normal is just as much the same as "evaporating" as you said. On Another note, I wish u nothing but the Best in your Endeavor's.
Edited by Handlez on 11/18/2013 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/18/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Handlez
To say its not about progress is just lying to yourself to save face.

I don't need to lie to save face, as my esteem and value in gaming is not based on your value system (i.e raid progression). YOU would need to lie about raid progression to save face, that is why you apply that to me. Perhaps that line of reasoning is lost to you?

You are simply proving my point: An elitist mindset is destructive. How many guilds have you been a part of on Lethon? To suggest you and your friends are still together, yet have to create or join yet ANOTHER guild proves my point.

I am glad you still have friends you enjoy WoW with, truly I am. I am glad you all got the server first, I know how exciting that is. I take issue with the mindless trolling. You deem others less than yourselves because they are not as progressed?

You think you are "better" because your team is "first"? It is that elitist mindset that I conclude is destructive to long term guild existence. My original post was innocent and sincere enough, yet it was seen by Deathmatto and and now yourself as a trolling opportunity.

Nothing wrong with nerd chest thumping for legit achievements. Lots wrong with back-handed slaps to others when they don't measure up to your standards. Pitiful, really.

Troll away, my prediction remains.
Edited by Roaz on 11/19/2013 1:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]