My thoughts on the Theramore scenario..

90 Human Paladin
@above thread.

I'm pretty sure that they were dead in that split second when the bomb exploded and that the deaths were painless and instant. And the bodies were all for a short period of time Crystallized by the power of the explosion along with most material things though it seems not everything was Crystallized seeing as the horde were sent in to loot Theramore shortly afterwards. Won't go into details cause I'd have to rip the book out and look over the explosion again cause I'm not 100% sure on every detail.

As for the Scenario I was disappointed in both terms of how they thought that the Theramore Scenario would be the most logic way to introduce Scenarios to the Community at large and in the in scopes of the last two Events before the launch of previous Expansions I'd say I'm extremely disappointed in regards that it didn't have a little more to spice it up, something simple like the NPC's in Stormwind mourning the loss of so many lives and the importance of those particular lives and the Orc's in Orgimmar in festivities or something and some NPC dialogue to express there feelings on certain points within the book so that people had some type of grasp of what had gone on before the Scenario. Least that would have made up for the appalling overall feel of how bad that Scenario was when compared to the others I played on the Beta.

And thinking on it, there was really alot missing from how they could have told the story with Theramore <for both sides> when compared to other scenarios and with how Blizzard wishes to convey new aspects of Lore and Story Telling to the Community seeing that they have done a extremely awesome job of that in MoP and I hope it only gets better in future expansions.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Whether you're wrong on how the mana bomb worked or wrong on the interpretation of how that would register?

The former, I don't know, not having had time to read the book. The latter, I would agree with you. If your brain is instantly disintegrated, that's what registers pain. It be over in a blink.

I meant on the mana bomb working, I only know how the process was described. I just don't knwo if its explicitly stated to BE agony by some magical means that you register it for sufficient time before you die, or just a regular explosion death.

My sources are from the Story forums, who get their own sources form the website Scrolls of Lore. What they say is that since reality is torn apart, the people affected are stuck in a sort of bubble where they have time to feel every single drop of their blood being transmuted and turned into pure arcane energy, the effect basically being a chain reaction until the entire body has been overwhelmed by it. Once reality kicks in, so does death.

True, it IS mostly guesses, but its what is currently the most 'popular' theory at the moment.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
09/21/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Resileaf
True, it IS mostly guesses, but its what is currently the most 'popular' theory at the moment.

Clearly the victims of said bomb must be interviewed to .... oh wait.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

Clearly the victims of said bomb must be interviewed to .... oh wait.

I don't know why they're complaining. Dying valiantly defending your home is like the fastest ticket to a good afterlife you can get.

EDIT: Technically they died screaming in pain, but the few seconds BEFORE that they were doing pretty good.
Edited by Draxonicar on 9/22/2012 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
well I think my point is that ICly none of that really knows since there weren't any survivors to say, "Hey you know that mana isht really STINGS!!! QQ~!"
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I think this article on WoWinsider shows better than I could explain what this scenario is lacking;
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/23/know-your-lore-the-lost-introduction-to-theramores-fall/#continued
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well uhm... *cough*...

I dunno. Our guild was tossing around the word "underwhelming" a lot. I'm inclined to agree with this. I guess it was... I dunno, maybe kind of cool a little. Definitely not some amazing pre-expansion event. The pandas showing up in Orgrimmar was more exciting, really.

That, and RP-wise the whole thing's kinda got Illy feeling like maybe he should take a bit of a break from the Horde for a while. :S
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/28/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Illyume
Our guild was tossing around the word "underwhelming" a lot.

That's because Lukar is secretly the Sha of Buzzkilling.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/28/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Draxonicar
Our guild was tossing around the word "underwhelming" a lot.

That's because Lukar is secretly the Sha of Buzzkilling.

Oh dear. Well then, ahm... I volunteer for leading the raid fight against this new dreadful Sha!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]