Will 5.1 have new raid content?

90 Troll Rogue
^ topic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i dont think anyone knows for sure. It's 'supposed' to, but it's the same kind of supposed to that was going to bring us "smaller raids, more often" in Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I highly doubt it. Way back when MoP was first announced they said they wanted to do more minor content patches between raid tier patches, and I think 5.1 is one of those.

Plus this: ( http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/1226130p1.html )
Kosak also insists that content updates will come out more frequently than they have of late. "I can tell you that right now we're working on patch 5.1 and patch 5.2 at the same time downstairs," Kosak said. "We're aiming for patch 5.1 to release shortly after the game is out. I don't want to give an exact date, because we might shoot ourselves in the foot, but we're aiming for it to be very soon."
Splitting development between two patches sort of implies they have different types of content focus, and 5.1 shortly after release would be way too soon for new raid content considering we have 16 raid bosses to take down.
Reply Quote
THey mentioned a ulduar length and style raid for 5.1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/20/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Sarosha

PL0X
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Tsilyi

PL0X

You have to go search around for it, there are like 3.5 million interviews and posts over the last few days I cant remember where I saw this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
GC mentioned that there 'might' be some mechanics added to bosses that when done in a certain way they could open up new loot drops. It was from the Crendor interview.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
09/20/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Karamok
GC mentioned that there 'might' be some mechanics added to bosses that when done in a certain way they could open up new loot drops. It was from the Crendor interview.

The only thing I remember them mentioning specifically is getting "Elite" level gear for killing the council bosses in a certain order. Like the bug trio in AQ.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/20/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Melenkor
I highly doubt it. Way back when MoP was first announced they said they wanted to do more minor content patches between raid tier patches, and I think 5.1 is one of those.

Somewhere they "hinted" toward an Ulduar-like raid in a post....I just honestly can't remember where it was lol. For 5.1 obviously.

--

Looks like Sarosha beat me to it.
Edited by Naumu on 9/20/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
09/20/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Naumu
Somewhere they "hinted" toward an Ulduar-like raid in a post....I just honestly can't remember where it was lol. For 5.1 obviously.

Probably just enough "hint" to sell MoP copies, along with the Maw of Madness and The dance studio.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
One of his comments was a very vague allusion, probably to the extra loot on a couple of 5.1 bosses. Something like, "for those of you who loved ulduar we're planning something you might enjoy." For all we know that could mean an instance full of Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

First time anyone has ever said that.
Edited by Djaxi on 9/20/2012 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
09/20/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Karamok
For all we know that could mean an instance full of Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare.

Don't even make a joke like that
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
09/20/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Postonforums
For all we know that could mean an instance full of Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare.

Don't even make a joke like that

Haha
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Djaxi

First time anyone has ever said that.

Im very very interested to see where blizzard is going to go with raiding as a whole, ive been watching the boards.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
They better be far ahead on 5.1 content after pretty much abandoning cataclysm for so long with short and less then stellar content.

They aren't dumb enough to not realize that they completely underwhelmed most of the player base for the last year of the expansion and empty promises don't mean much anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/20/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Sarosha

BLIZZARD.

I WILL GIVE YOU HALF OF MY ORGANS FOR THIS. TAKE MY LEGS, I WON'T NEED THEM. TAKE IT ALL. MY LOVE, MY MONEY, AND MOST OF MY BODY.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In 5.1, the bulk of the Alliance and Horde forces are supposed to reach Pandaria. Since the huge naval battle pre launch event was scrapped, maybe that will be an encounter?

I personally am hoping to see a raid where Alliance gets to fight the Horde on the beaches, then in a keep, and then in a naval battle.

And the Horde gets the same raid, with exactly the same mechanics but just different models.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I made this because on MMO it mentions they said 5.1 will be out "soon" after release. To me that Implied there won't be new raid content, though I guess they could have an ony/RS raid (though thought they said they won't do those anymore but don't quote me on that). To me it seemed like 5.1 could be the stuff they intended but ran out of time like vp gear upgrading.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]