Launcher won't install game

86 Gnome Warrior
Hi all,

I download the set up, click install, launcher shows briefly, says an error occurred and to contact customer service.. so here I am.

OSX: 10.7.4
Processor: 2.53 I5
Ram: 4 GB DDR3

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
Bump... Trying to play please :(
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
I received the code for the electronic Pandaria upgrade but it doesn't work I received an email from Blizzard saying I should contact them. I have tried many times but the phone response is always that all their lines are busy. Hmmmmmm.... I have been a WOW payer and player since it started and now I am feeling ignored and frustrated. I have 4 gigs of RAM and system 10.6.8. Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
09/26/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Conantheman
I received the code for the electronic Pandaria upgrade but it doesn't work I received an email from Blizzard saying I should contact them. I have tried many times but the phone response is always that all their lines are busy. Hmmmmmm.... I have been a WOW payer and player since it started and now I am feeling ignored and frustrated. I have 4 gigs of RAM and system 10.6.8. Any suggestions?

Sorry I dont have any responses for ya but I do agree with you about being ignored/frustrated.. I haven't been able to get through on the phone and the ticket people just give useless generic response..
Reply Quote
22 Blood Elf Hunter
i got the digital standard version and it is stuck on 0.8% installing since last night.any suggestions on what i should do?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Theres a few different install issues being mentioned here... What are the full specific error messages that you're seeing.

@Brado, your issue is different, please create a new thread so we can better assist you.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
"Data to install could not be found"

Edit:

Deleted everything.

Downloaded setup. Start setup. Click install. Agree to EULA. Did you active or do you need to? Choose active. 'Unknown error occurred, contact support.'
Edited by Wipeout on 10/4/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This sounds like a corrupted Tome MPQ file in setup being corrupted. Are you using the latest installer from Battle.net to install? Did you try to download another installer to see if the issue persists?
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
Yes to both questions.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Interesting. Can you send me your Battle.net logs so I can investigate this?

Obtaining Battle.net Logs
    1. Navigate to /Users/Shared
    2. Right-click the Battle.net folder and select Copy Battle.net
    3. Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and select Paste item.
    4. Go into each sub folder (Agent, Agent.[build], Client, Blizzard Launcher.[build], Setup) in the new Battle.net folder on your desktop and delete the all following apps:
  • Any Agent.app (the application itself)
  • Any Blizzard Launcher.app (the application itself)
  • Error Reporter
  • Any World of Warcraft, Diablo III or StarCraft II Setup files
  • 5. Now right-click the Battle.net folder and select Compress "Battle.net"

Now you can email the compressed (zip) file to macsupport@blizzard.com. This way I have all your logs and can investigate further. Make sure you put the URL and thread title in the body so I can know what issue we're talking about.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
Sent. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Here is what I found:

#-----------------------------------------------------------
# System started at 2012-10-04 23:21:01.2596
# system: [removed] MacBook Pro
#-----------------------------------------------------------
23:21:24.5500 Installation of 'wow_enus' Failed
23:21:24.5501 Updating Error: 2600

2600 = AGT_ERROR_INSTALL_GENERIC

So this is a generic error when it cannot find a resource.

Looking at the Agent logs

23:21:26.0392 Request Issued to non-existent Uri: GET - /gamesession/wow_enus
23:21:26.0392 Response: 404

So it's reaching out to the the correct path, but it is unable to find or obtain the correct resource for whatever reason :/ Do you have any security applications?
Edited by Machkhan on 10/4/2012 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
No not at all.. brand new mac, literally nothing installed on it. I even tried just turning off the regular firewall, and no go.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you send me your system profiler so I can check and see what may be going on in your system itself?

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
Sent.. thanks sir
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Only thing I found is:

Oct 4 16:56:48 new-host-4 authexec[3577]: executing /Users/[removed]/Downloads/World of Warcraft Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft Setup
Oct 4 16:56:48 new-host-4 World of Warcraft Setup[3577]: Current process is running as Admin: 0
Oct 4 16:56:48 new-host-4 [0x0-0x20b20b].com.blizzard.bootstrapper[0]: 2012-10-04 16:56:48.684 World of Warcraft Setup[3577:4d0b] Current process is running as Admin: 0
Oct 4 16:56:48 new-host-4 authexec[3578]: executing /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Setup/wow_enus/World of Warcraft Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft Launcher
Oct 4 16:56:48 new-host-4 World of Warcraft Launcher[3578]: Current process is running as Admin: 0

It is saying it isn't running as admin, which I don't know if this is a factor. I notice you're running the installer from the downloads folder. Can you try to move it to /Applications and run it again and see if it helps?

I would also repair disk permissions to see if this helps at all.

Repair Permissions via Disk Utility
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and open Disk Utility.
    2. Select the hard drive the game is installed on.
    3. Select the First Aid option.
    4. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.
Edited by Machkhan on 10/4/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
Moving it to apps worked. How strange.. thanks for the suggestion Machkhan, you really helped out. Thank you for taking that time to sort this out. :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Awesome! And also, thank you sir, as this helps me research issues like this and create content articles to resolve it. This was the first 2600 Generic error I've seen before.
Reply Quote
I am having difficulties having the launcher install the game too. I download the most recent Game Client from my account after I log into account, and after the download is done, I open the file as Adminstrator. It will start the install, but it freezes at "Updating setup files". I can show a picture of it if you like. I even tried doing it in safe mode. The same thing happens.

Can you help me out?

Picture is at this URL: http://s209.beta.photobucket.com/user/pikultybalt/media/UpdatingonSafeMode_zps3add119c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/pikultybalt/media/UpdatingonSafeMode_zps3add119c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=135025320031005094618133307214
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]