Cartoonz, frost mage one shot macro in arena

85 Human Death Knight
Mage is ok with his damage. This is not new. Move along.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
So what i take from this is damage truly is balanced at 90
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Someone is really grasping at straws. It's utterly moronic burst regardless. He named it a "one shot macro" because he's Swifty's friend or something.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
This post is hilarious, this cartoonz kid will name his videos in whatever dumb fashion catches your attention and you guys eat it up.

/cancelaura Invisibility
#showtooltip Icy Veins
/cast Icy Veins
/use 13

That is the macro he uses and it is in no way at all a 1 shot macro. All his macro does is cancel invisiability, pop trinket and icy veins. Which any mage above a 1600 rating has used a IV/Trinket macro for years anyways. This macro does 0 damage on its own. He named the video in such an elaborate fashion to get views and sadly your feeding him more with this post.

I haven't watched the video for a while but if i recall correctly all he does in it is he frost bombs, PoMs, novas, deep freezes, instant frost bolt, ice lance, instant FFB from brain freeze.

The major source of damage is the frost bomb(does about 50-60k with CDs up vs a full resil target) and IV glyph which is a 20% dmg increase instead of haste. Those are the only mechanics that have changed since the patch so calling this a 1 shot macro and making a video about it is moronic.

This.

ZOMG GUYS CHECK OUT MY ONESHOT MACRO:

/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Blood fury
/use 13

Weren't warriors using this same defense in 4.0 when they had their "1 shot" macro? Yeah, how'd that turnout? (Honestly didn't play from ICC->FL)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
"One shot macro" is a stupid and innacurate term. How about "unstoppable combination of CC and damage"?
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
It's sad that people are using pedantic objections to terminology to defend being able to global someone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It's not being globaled, and it's not being oneshot.

Do you want to see what *actually* being globaled looks like right now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtwSPxfD34&feature=related

There you go. You will go from 100 - 0 in 1 global. And it isn't a mage doing it.

125k from a chaosbolt and 50k from a conflag. They land simultaneously. That's a oneshot. You're globaled.
Edited by Cyrassus on 9/21/2012 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
09/21/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Mcgilicutty
anyone arguing about the way "globaled" is being used is arguing symantics here.

It's not semantics, it's pure hyperbole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtwSPxfD34&feature=related

There you go. You will go from 100 - 0 in 1 global. And it isn't a mage doing it.

125k from a chaosbolt and 50k from a conflag. They land simultaneously. That's a oneshot. You're globaled.

Where's the outcry over this???? Where are the 20 nerf warlock threads?
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
09/21/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Mcgilicutty
the word globaled is not whats important here.

Sure it is. Either mages are globaling people or they're not. Either way you seem to conveniently keep missing the point. The game is no longer balanced for lvl 85 and trying to get classes nerfed over lvl 85 balance is a waste of everyone's time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/17/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lilmunch
I wish i could pop some magical cd that instantly killed my target in 2 gcds

pfft, just being able to break his ice barrier before he can cast a second one is a moral victory for me.... I don't have many moral victories. QQ
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/13/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Jadefang
I keep looking for this one shot but all I see is a mage doing what a mage does. I mean, I can see how you confuse Frostbomb > Frostbolt > Ice Lance > Frostfire Bolt as one spell but I really don't see that as a "one shot macro."

He's hopping on the Swifty *one shot macro* bandwagon. You know, the macro he uses to hit people 5 times while they stand there and do nothing then calls it a one shot.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Posted by Mcgilicutty

Sure it is. Either mages are globaling people or they're not. Either way you seem to conveniently keep missing the point. The game is no longer balanced for lvl 85 and trying to get classes nerfed over lvl 85 balance is a waste of everyone's time.

Except if its a holy pally right?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Posted by Jadefang
I keep looking for this one shot but all I see is a mage doing what a mage does. I mean, I can see how you confuse Frostbomb > Frostbolt > Ice Lance > Frostfire Bolt as one spell but I really don't see that as a "one shot macro."

He's hopping on the Swifty *one shot macro* bandwagon. You know, the macro he uses to hit people 5 times while they stand there and do nothing then calls it a one shot.

Cept the guys in the vid really where fighting back unlike in swiftys not to mention the Frost bomb>frostbolt>Icelance>frostfirebolt has about the same set up needed as what the lock video showed however the mage's "one shot" being more potent given the best the lock pulled off was a 70%-0 when the mage did 100%-0 in the same span of time
Edited by Prieto on 9/22/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The game is no longer balanced for lvl 85 and trying to get classes nerfed over lvl 85 balance is a waste of everyone's time

Ahem.........

Holy pallys say hi as well.
Edited by Lochnar on 9/22/2012 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/21/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Glítch

In that case, why did they nerf warrior damage and holy paladin damage again? Is it only ok if a mage does it?

Regardless, they do the same thing at 90. Healthpools go up to about 350k or so, damage doubles as well. problem not fixed
Reply Quote
84 Troll Druid
09/22/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Bisonaro
n that case, why did they nerf warrior damage and holy paladin damage again? Is it only ok if a mage does it?

They nerfed mage damage too...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]