Avenger's Shield silence bug?

100 Dwarf Warrior
I was playing my protadin and just noticed that Avenger's Shield now only silences it's primary target instead of all 3 hits. Does anyone know whether or not this is intended?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
There's been a few posts about this now, I personally haven't broken out my Prot set post patch to check yet.

If this is true we really should get a good write up into the bug report forums.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I don't think it's intended. It did the same thing in 5.0.4 but it was hotfixed. I think 5.0.5 just overwrote the hotfix and they need to re-fix it. I posted a bug report when 5.0.5 came out. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I never saw it fixed in 5.0.4, but I can confirm that it is only doing it to the primary target as of 15 minutes ago. Seems the other threads have disappeared though.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Yeah I noticed my Paladin was only silencing the primary target, which makes group pulling incredibly annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Can confirm this is still happening. If it's a bug, it's going to be pretty bad if it stays in for MoP.
Reply Quote
Can confirm this has been happening to me as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think they nerfed it in 5.0.4, and is now 'working as intended' based on how the tooltip is written.

Hurls your shield at an enemy target, dealing X Holy damage, silencing and interrupting spellcasting for 3 sec, and then jumping to additional nearby enemies.

When read with emphasis on the "and then", it suggests that the Silence and Interrupt only applies the to initial target and not all three.

What I wonder is if the Avenger's Shield misses the initial target, but bounces on the second, would it Silence and Interrupt? Hmm.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think they nerfed it in 5.0.4, and is now 'working as intended' based on how the tooltip is written.

Hurls your shield at an enemy target, dealing X Holy damage, silencing and interrupting spellcasting for 3 sec, and then jumping to additional nearby enemies.

When read with emphasis on the "and then", it suggests that the Silence and Interrupt only applies the to initial target and not all three.

What I wonder is if the Avenger's Shield misses the initial target, but bounces on the second, would it Silence and Interrupt? Hmm.

Avenger's Shield has been worded like that for a long time, though (at least since Wrath). And like I said, it was working in 5.0.4.
Edited by Keten on 9/19/2012 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Has it? I thought it was worded differently, though I'm probably wrong. I don't remember details very well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Going back as far as I could find (February 2007), the tooltip read:

Hurls a holy shield at the enemy, dealing 494 to 602 Holy damage, Dazing them and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 3 total targets. Lasts 6 sec.

From 4.0.1:

Hurls a holy shield at the enemy, dealing 2802 to 3424 Holy damage, silencing and interrupting spellcasting for 3 sec, and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 3 total targets.

So yeah, other than the daze becoming a silence/interrupt, the tooltip's read pretty much the same way forever. :P
Edited by Keten on 9/19/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Because it states 'affects three total targets' one would think that the effects affect all three targets, total.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]