Reply Quote
No, it would not
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Need a new Warchief? Why not Zoidberg?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Really, really would not.

Like on a scale of one to ten, with one being Arthas Menethil the Lich King as Warchief of the Horde, Gul'dan would be a -8.
Reply Quote
Dude.

Sargeras is less EVUL than Gul'dan.

Peons are less DUMB than Gul'dan.

Gul'dan is MADE of FAIL.

But then again, that might be the point...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
09/14/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Rodorn
It would be better than Garrosh.

That's a great joke.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Gul'dan would just get sargeras into the world and kill everyone.... no that would not be better
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
um no he wouldn't be. While he was attacking his enemies, he got about 1/3 of the Horde to desert their posts so he could go search for some ultimate power that got him and the rest of them killed. And then because he did that, the Horde was prevented from destroying Lordaeron, and then they were pushed back to the Dark portal and then the Scourge was created. Where in all that does it show that he's a great and capable leader? If anything he's more likely to get himself to become the equivalent to Thrall and Malfurion at the cost of the entire Horde itself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ner'zul didn't seem all that bad in the end.
Reply Quote
Making Gul'dan warchief makes as much sense as making Illidan into the Emperor of Kalimdor
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/15/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Aurriastraza
Making Gul'dan warchief makes as much sense as making Illidan into the Emperor of Kalimdor

That would vaguely make more sense.

No, making Gul'dan warchief is like asking Aszshara to be Queen of the Night Elves again.

That's a better simile.
Reply Quote

No, making Gul'dan warchief is like asking Aszshara to be Queen of the Night Elves again.

That's a better simile.

Except Gul'dan was never warchief. Ever. The orcs weren't that stupid
Edited by Aurriastraza on 9/15/2012 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
My votes for the goblin Snively Whiplesh
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/15/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Aurriastraza

That's a better simile.

Except Gul'dan was never warchief. Ever. The orcs weren't that stupid
Yeah, it'd be more like making Xavius the new king of the night elves.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Instead, I think if Gul'dan had lived he'd have worked on obtaining control of the time-lines when he discovered the Caverns of Time.

Could you imagine the horror of what would happen is somone like Gul'dan had control of time?
I can and it's pretty simple as to what would happen. He'd discover the timelines, attempt to change something, and then get struck down by the Bronze Dragonflight. Unless of course the infinite dragonflight found him doing so and then recruited him to their cause and corrupted him. Perhaps Gul'dan is still alive right now, much like what happened with Blackmoore in Twilight of the Aspects.
Reply Quote
I perscribe to the theory of infinite alternate universes

Basic idea is, for every possible choice, there is a universe that is created around that choice.

For instance, in this universe, I am typing a reply to this thread. In another universe, I decided not to post here. Or post tommorow, instead. In another universe, I don't even come to these forums. In another, I don't have access to the internet. In yet another, I don't even exist, because my parents never decided to do it.

So basically, I'm sure there's a universe out there in the WoW cosmos where Gul'dan never went to the Tomb of Sargeras and is alive right now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Basic idea is, for every possible choice, there is a universe that is created around that choice.

For instance, in this universe, I am typing a reply to this thread. In another universe, I decided not to post here. Or post tommorow, instead. In another universe, I don't even come to these forums. In another, I don't have access to the internet. In yet another, I don't even exist, because my parents never decided to do it.

So basically, I'm sure there's a universe out there in the WoW cosmos where Gul'dan never went to the Tomb of Sargeras and is alive right now.
This is true, but you can take it a step further. For every moment of hesitation can be counted as a decision as well. For example, the other day, one of the students in my class was called up to recite some speech (I forgot the appropriate name for it). He memorized a lot of it, but when he got close to the end of it, he hesitated and then said the appropriate line for it. Now I can tell that in another alternate universe, he would have made the wrong line for it instead and gotten punished for it. So there are decisions everywhere in life, even in places that you don't even think to look in, and because of this there are an infinite number of parallel universes that go differently because of one different decision. A bit worthless of a universe if you ask me, since you create an entire universe because you decide not to punch in one letter in a message and in turns out differently.

Also you can take it further to say that there are parallel universes to the parallel universes. Let's take your example of never been born. If you had never been born then what would your parents be doing right now? Your father tries to decide whether or not to watch tv or not. When he decides to do so, he opens up another parallel universe in which he didn't do so. Quite honestly, because there are an infinite number of parallel universes to this one as well as to all the other ones, if you were to make some type of vehicle that allows you to traverse to another parallel universe and back, I think it'd be nearly impossible to know for sure which one you're travelling back to since they're all almost completely alike.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]