Saurfang Sr and his possible return?Spoilers!

85 Troll Shaman
We all kinda know that the final boss of the final raid will be Garrosh under Orgrimmar. Considering that Saurfang has had an entire xpac to grief, does he stand a chance of being relevant again or does he still remain in the bus? There's a conversation between him and Garrosh back in Borean Tundra, where Saurfang says that he would rather die(or mangle Garrosh) should the Horde fall back into its blood thirsty ways again. Would be interesting if Thrall calls up Grom for added effect.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I hope so, he is cool and everyone loves him. I hope if he comes back his part to play is part of the post-Garrosh leadership and not pre-Garrosh victims.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/15/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
I hope so, he is cool and everyone loves him. I hope if he comes back his part to play is part of the post-Garrosh leadership and not pre-Garrosh victims.

I don't. I hate him. Half-assed walking Chuck Norris joke.
Reply Quote
Excuse Cbred. He's rather loyal to his faction. Probably feels obligated to badmouth Horde characters.

Seriously though, Saurfang's conversation with Garrosh hardly deserves a spoiler at this point, especially in this forum. Vol'jin made a similar threat, implying assassination the moment Garrosh weakened. And I'm sure Baine has wet dreams imagining ripping off Garrosh's head and bringing his father back.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/15/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Aurriastraza
Excuse Cbred. He's rather loyal to his faction. Probably feels obligated to badmouth Horde characters.

People hold up Saurfang as an example of how Orcs should be, when all he is is a tired old war horse with a bruised ego. What's more, the cleave jokes are dumb. So what if he was a stupidly overpowered NPC that back in Vanilla destroyed that Alliance raids single handedly? Was that really enough to build an entire linege and legacy around him?

Just leave his character to die off somewhere quielty.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
09/15/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Cbredbeard

People hold up Saurfang as an example of how Orcs should be, when all he is is a tired old war horse with a bruised ego. What's more, the cleave jokes are dumb. So what if he was a stupidly overpowered NPC that back in Vanilla destroyed that Alliance raids single handedly? Was that really enough to build an entire linege and legacy around him?

You bet your fanwank he was! Yeah, the jokes are dumb, but Saurfang is still pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
09/15/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Kroxxigar

You bet your fanwank he was! Yeah, the jokes are dumb, but Saurfang is still pretty awesome.

I agree, Saurfang as a character is still pretty awesome. But yah he has done alot... he is like a super old man, apparently there is no retirement in the Horde or something tho >.>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Considering his letter to the player in Borean Tundra concerning Garrosh, I would be highly disappointed if he didn't return in some capacity.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Calling it now: Saurfang will, in some shape or capacity, be a sacrificial lion before we face off with Garrosh.
Reply Quote
If you want to call Saurfang a lame Chuck Norris reference, than let's go ahead and call out John J. Keeshan and Harrison Jones for who they really are
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/15/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Aurriastraza
If you want to call Saurfang a lame Chuck Norris reference, than let's go ahead and call out John J. Keeshan and Harrison Jones for who they really are

People already do. They're the two guys people cite when they say 'we don't want cultural references, we want a story'.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If I had to guess... Garrosh will be watching for Saurfang, and the moment he shows himself in Horde territory, Malkorok will be waiting for him. Saurfang will put up a good fight, but will be subdued, then executed, probably in secret.

His death will serve to make Horde characters and players change their allegience. Shock them from being pro-Garrosh to anti-Garrosh. Because God knows its the only way for die-hard Horde players to finally stop supporting Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

His death will serve to make Horde characters and players change their allegience. Shock them from being pro-Garrosh to anti-Garrosh. Because God knows its the only way for die-hard Horde players to finally stop supporting Garrosh.

I dunno. . .most of my guild is die-hard Horde, and we're already grinding our axes in preparation for the Siege. Garrosh's supporters are a minority among the player base, I think.
Edited by Abal on 9/15/2012 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Sternbridge

People already do. They're the two guys people cite when they say 'we don't want cultural references, we want a story'.

I'm aware of that.

What I was getting at is, he's calling Saurfang a Chuck Norris ripoff when the two have almost nothing in common, aside from people creating random badd$#@! facts for each of them
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think Marriama and Resileaf have the right idea: Saurfang is going to die and it's going to be a tipping point that turns much of the Horde against Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
saurfang will try to live up to his promise and die fighting garrosh(garrosh will prolly use magic or something to gain an upperhand), with his death the revolt gets huge.

i just hate how the players have thus far blindly supported garrosh.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Players supported Garrosh because he hadn't done anything wrong. Now blizz tells us that he will.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
09/15/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Egrem
I think Marriama and Resileaf have the right idea: Saurfang is going to die and it's going to be a tipping point that turns much of the Horde against Garrosh.

I can see it. I'd much rather him come back to act as the Orcish racial leader, even if he isn't the Warchief, but it would make the Saurfang family a story of tragedy. Broxigar, Draenosh, Varok. . .only Thura would need to die to cement them as the most self-sacrificing, loyal members of the Horde in existence.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/15/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Sternbridge

Saurfang isn't a 'Chuck Norris reference'; the Chuck Norris thing was applied long after he was added to the game. His claim to fame is his infamous Cleave.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Here's the thing, though. Chen is the poster boy for this expansion, and that demands the presence of another (mostly) Orcish badass - Rexxar. As topical as Saurfang may be to Garrosh and the idea of Orcish war being realized as having gone too far, Rexxar is the Cheech to Chen's Chong, the Laurel to his Hardy, the Ken to his Ryu...

And, really, having both Saurfang and Rexxar seems kinda redundant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]