Survivors? (ToW Spoilers)

Just a curious question. After I read the book Tides of War I got to thinking. Some of the Alliance escaped just before the battle on that one boat transporting civilians (can't remember it's name). But one other thing dawned on me, after the battle didn't the Alliance have portals up to transport the wounded out? Can't remember if they did or not because I read through it quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The Focusing Iris was causing interference with portals, but some people got out through Rhonin's final portal,in addition to Jaina, I believe.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
The only survivors was the players, Vereesa, Shandris and their scouting parties, and Jaina herself.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
09/15/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Celanor
The only survivors was the players, Vereesa, Shandris and their scouting parties, and Jaina herself.

Along with a couple of wounded who were teleported away just before the focusing iris was brought in range of disruption.
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Resileaf

Along with a couple of wounded who were teleported away just before the focusing iris was brought in range of disruption.

This is what I thought happened but wasn't 100% sure.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Maybe the people hit with the mana bomb aren't really dead?

I could be possible that they underwent the same transformation that the Ethereals did during their creation.

Both situations involved a lot of arcane energy.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
No, they were pretty clearly dead, even after most of the ambient magic in the area dispersed and they went from being magically-infused corpses to just plain corpses.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Well taken from wowpedia

"the unimpeded flood of arcane energy tore away the mortals' corporeal shells and infused their souls with enough energy so that they could subsist without a body"

I doesn't go into the details of what happened to their bodies when they became energy/ghost/mummies.

Granted I'm pretty sure that most people in the story have very little knowledge of this (if any) and would have no idea of what turning into an Ethereal even looks like.

I think it would be an interesting way to take the story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]