So...fire mages going to be Kings of MoP?

85 Troll Warrior
Just curious. Was hoping for a break from mage dominance and a lot of games I've been doing have had 3+ fire mages.

Blanket silences, stuns, massive Pyroblast crits.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Fire mages are going to fly under the radar until Penance/Psyfiend/Priests in general get nerfed.

Apparently its ok for a mage to be OP....

.......but if a priest is OP? To the ground!!! Priests are NOT allowed to be OP for any amount of time. They are supposed to be a free HK to every class as a moral boost.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Wait til we can extensively test lvl 90 values. One thing to consider is that MoP health pools are between 350-400k hp.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Fire is overrated anyway. I have considerably more success as frost.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
09/13/2012 11:24 PMPosted by Toskosa
blanket siliences? i wa sunder the impression i had one counterspell. 2 stuns deep freeze and combustion. 1 disoriant in dragons breath. massive pyro blasts awww yeah! :D

Perhaps I have my terminology incorrect. But on my ele shaman, I get hit with an improved counterspell and I cannot cast *anything* for 4+ seconds. Fake casting = doesn't matter. So I am just standing there getting nuked.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Fire mages are going to fly under the radar until Penance/Psyfiend/Priests in general get nerfed.

.......but if a priest is OP? To the ground!!! Priests are NOT allowed to be OP for any amount of time. They are supposed to be a free HK to every class as a moral boost.

Cant tell if just trolling or bad, but priests have consistently been one of the most viable classess since S1 up there with mages, rogues and locks
Reply Quote
IMO, the counterspell of mages are a bit OP yeah...
But the rest it's ok, nothing to hard to handle.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Shadow priests seem up there too atm... I have been playing a fire mage since the patch & have had some tough battles with shadow priests.
Reply Quote

Priests have not been a free HK for a very long time. I play a mage and a spriest at max level and they're both pretty strong right now. They are two very different play styles and I am enjoying both.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's insane how a mage can burst you down in that 4 seconds of CS silence.

In before "It's balanced at 90" even though every expansion's first season has been an unbalanced mess.
Edited by Xanaa on 9/14/2012 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Frost is the new fire.

But hunters have the best burst in the game.
Edited by Deathfang on 9/14/2012 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
mages already had too much CC, and now fire has deep freeze (which is literally the deadliest ability in the game), and all specs have frostjaw. mages are like the caster-rogue: frontload, frontload, frontload, burst burst burst, win.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/14/2012 03:11 AMPosted by Zoing

Counterspell is exactly the same as it has been since vanilla, it's a little late to call it OP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Counterspell is exactly the same as it has been since vanilla, it's a little late to call it OP.

Only OP in the context of "Mages can burst you 100-0 in that CS".

And before anyone starts blubbering, I've got an 85 mage w/ almost full Cata, and I've been doing exactly what I just said, all day!
Edited by Xanaa on 9/14/2012 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/14/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Lethos

I'm pretty sure purge was nerfed for being op in cata.

soo yea....
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Rogue

Only OP in the context of "Mages can burst you 100-0 in that CS".

And before anyone starts blubbering, I've got an 85 mage w/ almost full Cata, and I've been doing exactly what I just said, all day!

ya right.

your paladin must be pug or your just not playing well. i sit at the top of the scoreboard even when the horde loses and i usually have a pally above or below me. paladins are good right now if you know how to play them right.

i combusted a prot paladin last night that just healed right up. had full rotation of fire dots on him... fight took so long i combusted him again and same thing.. .healed right up. took 3 of us to down him and then he followed me around for the rest of the match like i banged his mom or something. i am guessing he does not get killed much if at all.

the game is broken right now just get over it. mages only seem op but they are not. everyone !@#$%es about mages op but even in cata they were not. in the european finals only one team out of 8 had a mage lol. mages are not op it only seems like it because blizzard has made it stupid hard to take down tanks and heals. if you nerf mage damage the class loses its validity entirely. same for rogues... they were not op in cata... blizzard screwed up and made their legendarys way to easy to get.
Edited by Zaxen on 9/14/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
Why do you people always just pick one class
Almost every class is currently over the top in one form or another

Yeah, have you seen those Enhance shamans running around, wrecking people?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]