So...fire mages going to be Kings of MoP?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
so what?

cs hasnt changed, id rather it stay that way...

AN ENTIRE MONTH!!! JESUS CHRIST WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by Drsnoop on 10/4/2012 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Priests.....particularly disc priests are a free HK at the moment. The worst healers currently.

Looks like I was right. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I have seen more 'Frost' Players then 'Fire'.. Fires not as easy to play as Frost or Arcane in my opinon. Yeah we have some surviability now big whoop, alot of other classes have better survability then we do and only 'Frost' mages take 'Cold Snap'... So we are stuck at one heal that has a long channel and can be interupted.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Frost mages have always been the majority in bgs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/14/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Shadowgrass
CG plays a mage, thats all...

CORRECTION.. his boyfriend plays a mage, thats y they nerf frost mages by giving them more damage cuz thier raid dps was low... lol good one. im so sick of mages when i see a BG full of them its really hard not to just leave.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Warriors Spriest Rshams are already the kings of MoP
Reply Quote
98 Undead Mage

Counterspell is exactly the same as it has been since vanilla, it's a little late to call it OP.

Only OP in the context of "Mages can burst you 100-0 in that CS".

And before anyone starts blubbering, I've got an 85 mage w/ almost full Cata, and I've been doing exactly what I just said, all day!

Coming from a mage that pvp-d hardcore at 85 at launch of MOP before actually buying the expac and then doing it again at 90...The scaling is not the same at all. Perhaps once we're decked out of our asses, but at 85 I could do exactly that 100-0, in a silence/freeze+shatter, but at 90, if they can't interrupt my burst and sit in the freeze, I can get like 200k(which is about 60% of some1s health on average, if it's not a tank) damage based on rng.
In other Note, it's not very easy to catch some1 in a deep/(freeze+silence) without some kind of "cleanse". A good example are hunters and enhance shamans, in a 1v1 situation, I can't freeze the hunter much and it seems I can't freeze enhance at all. When he pops his immunity or w/e it is, I get bursted down like i got 4 frost bombs on me
Edited by Veneficae on 10/5/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
During the month before MOP came out, fire mages were definitely OP, having played one and nearly every other class at 85. So were some other classes for similar reasons. Since hitting 90, it's a different story.
For one thing, Fire and other crit-based classes are going to scale a lot better as their gear improves. Right now, we're all still starting to get geared at 90. Second, during that month before MOP, casters in general seemed to benefit much more from post 5.04 spell damage scaling. Combine those two things with our crowd control and well... that's history. I struggle a lot against melee classes in particular right now; mostly warriors of course and also BM hunters.
Reply Quote
I guess people got sick of complaining about warriors and BM hunters... I am not some second class... uhh class... to just complain about when you get bored of complaining about other classes. God damnit, it is degrading, just like every other expansion we've had I want all the QQ focus on us! Even if we have been toned down since Cata! Even if most people seem to not know how to deal with mages still after all this time! Even if, lets face it, the QQ won't do !@#$ when it comes to mages! So never mind your cleanse button, never mind timing your abilities and CDs to match ours, and never mind the fact that most mages can't even time a CS or a blink! If your going to complain about mages, we won't be some third-string choice to pawn off your lack of adaption!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]