Mount Changes for Cross-Battle.net Transfers

85 Human Warlock
I was going to transfer one of my mains over to my secondary bnet account, but now I guess it's pointless. Once again exploiters screw over people who are genuine players.
1 Human Paladin
Edit: Troll this forum again, and your posting privileges will be in significant peril.

--Orlyia
Edited by Orlyia on 9/18/2012 8:29 AM PDT
90 Draenei Warrior
Please roll-back or straight up ban the accounts of the people who bought this stupid service.

Several of the mounts involved with this either completely went against the intention of it being removed (Battle Tank) to devaluing the work or either those who earned it while it was current or those who are still farming it weekly now. (Invincible, Mimiron's Head.)

From the looks of things this was a bit worse than the typical exploit seeing as how one or both parties lied about their identity to do this. I see no reason why there are still people running around with these rare mounts currently after doing such.
1 Gnome Rogue
I personally don't agree that Kimarille was trolling, but the harsh words towards Blizzard probably weren't needed.
1 Human Paladin
09/18/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Funparade
I personally don't agree that Kimarille was trolling, but the harsh words towards Blizzard probably weren't needed.

thats because i wasnt trolling and im sure everyone would agree. the comment made towards blizzard was opinion but i dont see how anyone could see it differently. i wont repeat what i said but id love to know the thought process behind allowing these ppl to commit fraud/account buying/mount duping and what u plan to do about it. if this is it im sure me and others would like to hear y ure allowing them to get away with it and keep all the mounts. we got an explanation for the firehawks and we want one for this.
Support Forum Agent
I've told you to report them, Kim.

That's all you can do. What happens - or is happening is not something that will be discussed in public and is not subject to debate on the forums.
27 Gnome Mage
09/17/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Animus
I was going to transfer one of my mains over to my secondary bnet account, but now I guess it's pointless. Once again exploiters screw over people who are genuine players.
I transferred my main account off my old Battle.net account. I guess that means I'd lose all my mounts now and get branded a scammer. Even though that was the account that originated all the mounts.
85 Worgen Rogue
Edit: Report them.

That's all you need to do. Remember, just because someone pops up with achievements or mounts doesn't mean anything is necessarily funky.

--Orlyia
Edited by Orlyia on 9/19/2012 1:21 PM PDT
19 Human Paladin
I've told you to report them, Kim.

That's all you can do. What happens - or is happening is not something that will be discussed in public and is not subject to debate on the forums.

I'm going to garner the guess that you can't retroactively ban someone for doing it because there's no way to tell if it was done "illegally"?

"Illegal" = against term of service.
1 Human Paladin
Edit: Since you don't seem to be posting under the account you are relating this experience from, really no way for me to check that. Could have been a crossed email - could have been a mistake.

You also seem to be laboring under the impression that a report is the only way exploiters are caught - far from the truth.

--Orlyia
Edited by Orlyia on 9/20/2012 7:50 AM PDT
1 Human Paladin
feel free to look at the account which recently sent this one a scroll of res to check the validity of my post.
no im not under that impression at all. im under the impression that nothing is going to be done about this as its been over 3 weeks (think that is when the patch hit) and mop is in a few days. when mop hits all hope of anything being done is lost. not doing anything about it is the same as saying its ok which is a contradiction because you hotfixed it so people couldnt anymore. it makes absolutely no sense.
80 Undead Warlock
I just wanted to say that i really dislike how some people seem to get all the attention by making wild acusations, and when someone actually has a problem or concern with this they get ignored.
Edited by Dotwink on 9/21/2012 8:15 AM PDT
46 Troll Shaman
[Removed]

Go down the list look at their battle-net achievements and feats of strength. Big flags are scarab lord.. crusaders mounts.. and vanilla collectors pets... especially when multitudes of these were earned on the same date. Pretty easy to get a good idea of who was exploiting.

Crap like this is unacceptable and ruins the game for legit players.

You should punish them by giving everyone all the mounts ;D Hey, when everyone has everything.. people will feel as if they have nothing at all.
Edited by Vrakthris on 9/21/2012 9:08 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
The problem that I have with Blizzard's new rule is that punishes EVERYONE, not the several individuals that went on the mount duping craze. I don't have any fancy mounts on this paladin since I only pvp with her, but when I heard about account wide mounts I got very excited about the feature since I'm already beign punished for not beign able to share my pvp mounts because of the "skill" issue that Blizzard talked about.

On my other battle.net account which I only pve with I do have a few nice/rare mounts that would've been nice to have on my paladin since she never gets a shot at it since I only gear her pvp. So now I couldn't have the pvp mounts xfer over from the get go and now I can't have the pve mounts either. I can see why people are QQing and uproaring about it.

I will also like to mention, like another poster said on this thread, I payed $25 for a transfer for another toon into my pve account and I NEVER saw a warning or disclaimer about mounts and pets not carrying over. I'm not going to complain about the $25 since I payed for a transfer and I did get the transfer, the problem that I have is that e $25 for the transfer was to achieve something that is no longer offered and that is wrong.

WTB Huge pop up window at character transfer page spamming that mounts and pets will not carry over. It is on the FAQ though but how many of us read he FAQ before doing a transfer?
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
09/23/2012 06:06 AMPosted by Kodachrome
It is on the FAQ though but how many of us read he FAQ before doing a transfer?

Not nearly enough, apparently, because things like this have been happening since.... basically forever.
"The Universe just loves proving me wrong, doesn't it?" -- Sokka
"You make it too easy!" -- Toph
90 Tauren Druid
I just paid $55 for a server transfer and faction change. Even though I legitly earned 110+ mounts before the big pandarian update, when I transfered I dropped down to 51 mounts. my Mechano-Hog and Traveler's Tundra Mammoth that I bought multiple times on different characters, all gone. and no where did I see a disclaimer that warned me. Seems like blizzard just wants to push the old players away now that they got our money. I've been telling so many people to "give wow a try, you might like it" seems now I have to tell them "stay away and keep your money for something worth it"
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]