Mount Changes for Cross-Battle.net Transfers

80 Undead Warlock
09/25/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Rayko
I just paid $55 for a server transfer and faction change. Even though I legitly earned 110+ mounts before the big pandarian update, when I transfered I dropped down to 51 mounts. my Mechano-Hog and Traveler's Tundra Mammoth that I bought multiple times on different characters, all gone. and no where did I see a disclaimer that warned me. Seems like blizzard just wants to push the old players away now that they got our money. I've been telling so many people to "give wow a try, you might like it" seems now I have to tell them "stay away and keep your money for something worth it"

Sadly i'm thinking the same lately. Old costumer and not felling very valued here.

Just to add up: If you have Mountain o' mounts before transfering like me, and then re earned it after transfering, it does not reward you the mount again. Same happened with pet collect achievments and some metas (like the Firelands Daily one). I did not see any of that on the FAQ did you?
I also have over 80k+ HK's between characters and only have the 25k achievment... They told me via support that only the 250k es account wide, while all my friends have their progress on several characters count towards the 50k and 100k ones. I'm felling very dissapointed with support right now.
Reply Quote
66 Orc Hunter
I also payed the 25 bucks to accounts transfer and lost all the previous mounts i wanted, the main reason i transferred was because i couldn't get access to my old account, now that i lost my 80 or so mounts, im really disappointed and it makes me not want to play and punch my computer screen.
Reply Quote
It's true - the people who have done this deserve to have their mounts taken away..

Any exploit should go punished, regardless of how serious the exploit is, because people are supposed to know and abide by the terms of service that they agree to when they play. Just because so many people are ignorant now days, how is that fair that the other players suffer by idiots who can't read a TOS and claim ignorance and get away with it in the end?

I've claimed 3 RAF mounts - 2 were rockets.. Rather than duplicating or selling off mounts to get other mounts I politely petitioned a GM to switch out the extra rocket for a new nightwing, since I basically lost the reward I got for bringing them a new customer and 2 months paying subscriptions (more like 10 but whatever), and they were completely ambivalent about the situation and stated again and again they couldn't help me..

With customer relations like that - it's no surprise many veteran players have done horrible things to cheat their way into rare mounts.. Still though, it has to be punished, rules are made for a reason - and when the rulemakers start overlooking rulerbreakers, we end up in a society of total chaos before too long, as everyone will see the rulemakers as weak and turn on them.

I'd like to see this game succeed for a few more years at least - but that is gonna require slightly more proactive customer relations and some GMs that don't answer everything with a canned response, and actually try to relate to the customer and treat them like a valued customer, instead of another number.

As a person who spent years working in an industry that was service centric, I can assure you that punishing the rulebreakers, and trying harder to ensure the ones who play by the rules are helped when they need it, we would sustain a better, more reliable community for a longer period of time. Let's all hope for the best here, because a good community is vital for any online social environment to stay popular.

While you did have a lot of people TRYING to cheat blizz out of mounts, and profit from this, there was veteran players with rare mounts who just wanted their favorite mount on another character/account. A good company would appoint a rep on a case by case basis to sort through this, find their veteran customers, and extend them a special offer of 1 or 2 rare mounts to transfer with per paid transfer, or something.

Abuse should be punished - but from rampant abuse, learning how to craft a new system to appease the masses of reliable honest customers, is an even better way to go forward and progress from the loss.
Edited by Fatgirl on 9/28/2012 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm a mount collector that got fed up and quit after cataclysm raiding and the billion changes they were doing to the classes.

I decided to give Pandaria a chance and a friend invited me to server transfer.

A ton of expensive mounts, and boss drop only mounts... gone.

Yeah, apparently it was in a FAQ, but being a person that was gone from the game for a long while, I had absolutely no warning and no way of knowing this would happen. Now I have to choose between playing with my friends, or not having the mounts I put a ton of gold and time into obtaining on my main. (Yes, I LOST my mounts...I have a main...the main who got the mounts can't use them so don't give me the "oh you didn't lose them the characters you hardly ever play them have them" garbage.)

Seriously, if there is a way to revert my account AND get my money back for the Pandaria expansion, I might just do that. What a disappointment when I was already not impressed with how the last expansion went. A great welcome.

I was even planning on eventually transferring all my toons over as I got the money. Not anymore. Blizz just lost ~330 bucks, on top of possibly sub money.
Edited by Arandia on 9/30/2012 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
I'm a mount collector that got fed up and quit after cataclysm raiding and the billion changes they were doing to the classes.

Yeah, apparently it was in a FAQ, but being a person that was gone from the game for a long while, I had absolutely no warning and no way of knowing this would happen. Now I have to choose between playing with my friends, or not having the mounts I put a ton of gold and time into obtaining on my main. (Yes, I LOST my mounts...I have a main...the main who got the mounts can't use them so don't give me the "oh you didn't lose them the characters you hardly ever play them have them" garbage.)

Seriously, if there is a way to revert my account AND get my money back for the Pandaria expansion, I might just do that. What a disappointment when I was already not impressed with how the last expansion went. A great welcome.

I was even planning on eventually transferring all my toons over as I got the money. Not anymore. Blizz just lost ~330 bucks, on top of possibly sub money.

Sorry this makes no sense, if you came back to the game you would have all your mounts even after a normal transfer.

If you transferred to a new battle.net that is your own fault, you could have used your old battle.net just fine.

On top of that, even if you moved your MAIN to another battle.net the mounts would have transferred with him. It only doesn't transfer if a alt that didn't earn the mounts is moved.

So not saying you are, but sounds like you were transferring off to give someone else your toon with the mounts? Just sounds suspect.
Edited by Gsdfsdfg on 9/30/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock

Sorry this makes no sense, if you came back to the game you would have all your mounts even after a normal transfer.

If you transferred to a new battle.net that is your own fault, you could have used your old battle.net just fine.

On top of that, even if you moved your MAIN to another battle.net the mounts would have transferred with him. It only doesn't transfer if a alt that didn't earn the mounts is moved.

So not saying you are, but sounds like you were transferring off to give someone else your toon with the mounts? Just sounds suspect.

You are giving wrong information. Mounts don't transfer at all regardless if you learned on that character or an alt. Only class one's tranfers. I can confirm this myself and it's in the FAQ.

And the other post has sense if he transfered AND faction changed.
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Aetax
While I agree with the change to stop account selling and what not, I am pretty displeased. I own and pay for wow accounts on 2 separate battle.net accounts, to play with my different friends. I transferred one of my characters from one of my accounts to the other so I could use my mounts on both accounts, which was clearly stated in the FAQ at the time that it was able to be done. I can't justify spending another 300k on another spectral tiger for my secondary account not to mention my Amani war bear which is unobtainable anymore.

This was the plan for me and my close friends, we had become upset with our current realm and to just get away from the whole thing we have been planning on transferring our characters to our new accounts (new RIDs etc) but now that I have seen this, we're back to square one.

We each have paid to have two accounts per person and were going to transfer at least 4 85's per friend, it just gets me that Blizzard would have been making money off of this and because of a few stupid ppl exploiting the whole mount/pet thing, we get screwed!
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Druid
To further this thought. I received this reply today to a similar ticket:

Hello Mark,

The pets and mounts are tied to the battle.net account. Unfortunately, If you transfer a character from the account the pets and mounts will be left behind.

I hadn't read up on transfers and the like nor did I know that this exploit was going on. I transferred my druid to another account so my wife could play on my original account. No biggie really for me since I'll just merge this account back into my original battle.net now but I did some googling and read about the exploits on several unsavory forum sites.

It seems that Blizzard did some retroactive cleaning up of some exploit where a level 10 was moved onto a new battle.net account and then somehow using Fake ID's? the name on that account was changed and the level 10 transferred onto another players account. (Costing $1500 wtf?)

However, when Blizzard closed the "wow" accounts that were part of this exploit it seems that all these people need to do is create ANOTHER wow account on the same battle.net account and the mounts/achievements/titles will still be there.

Oh the joys of expansions.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
Hi Bizz.So lets go.I was horde then i changed different server and faction to alliance.
I want play for alliance side.Finally found good guild and old firends.
I had 141 mounts.After i changed my faction i have only 69.
The first time I write to you in 4 years, all was well, but did not expect from you,because
touched a very sore ( Farming and Collections mounts ) Many players who understand me
aslo knows how difficult that is, farm and worked for several years.

Ok i like farm mounts.Ok i can buy again all mounts ( also all Mammoths )
History -I made dk 80 lvl, special for engineering and mining and finaly made 2 Mekgineer's Choppers one for me and 1 for my friend,then i deleted my dk.Now i don't have that good Chopper,
Ok i can farm again all mounts,but only 1 mount i need (rare Grand Black War Mammoth from Voa 10)

Sorry bizz for that, just the first time was so upset and many players i'm sure too,who spent too much power for mounts.
And I bought World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - Collector’s Edition,changed my tauren to pandaren,changed new realm,changed faction,really like new world Pandaria,and bad start at beginning :(
So.What do we do? Can we hope for a solution to this problem on next patch?
Or can you help with that plz
Also i don't know why i can't find on my horde and alliance 2 mounts
Spectral Gryphon and Tyrael's Charger.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I was going to suggest for those who have mounts "stuck" on another Battle.net account, there could be a feature much like the caging of pets. I also heard about the people buying level 10 toons with bazillions of mounts in them...the idea would be to buy the mount cage from the blizzard store for the average price of a TCG mount AND you can only transfer 1 mount every 6 months or one year. That way all those people that bought duped level 10's would have to pay money out the YingYang if they really really want them and will also take an eternity to transfer them over that it would make more sense to refarm them.

It could also be a ONE-TIME purchase where you can choose up to 3-5 mounts to transfer and then flag the account to not allow anymore transfer, whats left behind is left behind. Those that do not want to buy the mount cages can stick to the FAQ and consider the mount "stuck" or pay for 2 or more Battle.net accounts. With my idea at least you'd have a choice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
2 battle net account oened by the same owner. why can we not merge one account into the other and share the mounts. there used to be an option for players that had a individual character with mounts on then to transfer from account to account its been taken away from us now. Transfering one character will induce account sales but moving the whole licence within an account is only bringing back an option once available. Do this and I will resub.plz email when this is done.
Edited by Furie on 10/21/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Rogue
10/21/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Furie
why can we not merge one account into the other and share the mounts.

Unfortunately, this was abused in the past, giving people access to mounts they had not otherwise earned, which is why mounts were changed this way.

Do this and I will resub.plz email when this is done.

I'm sorry, this likely will not change, and there is no way to email you changes.
Edited by Kozzae on 10/21/2013 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]