Open Libram XLV: The Xtra Light Version!

85 Human Paladin
Greetings and welcome to the 45th installment of the Open Libram! The beautifully large and sexy alternative to Mangle/Sentry Totem and Tank Lounge!

In these threads, we talk about everything Paladins. Some cool. Some lame. Some information dangerous. Got that question that you're kind of afraid to make a new thread about, or just tired of getting trolled on Trade Chat? Ask it here!

So Blood Elves, get your hair ready, Draenei and Tauren clean your hooves off. Dwarves, the nearest alcohol is to your left for your enjoyment and Humans...Well do whatever it is you do that keeps you alive. Or stuff.

Enjoy! Have fun everyone!

Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489940962?page=1
Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548

Paladin Social Networking:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/

My Little Ponydins by Lobster:
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png

"Maid" by the Light by Lobster: http://i.imgur.com/7zB4K.jpg

Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHA

Title okay? Just realized it was the XLV. Speaking of light, could use a beer, it's Friday!

... Oh, added something extra to the intro post.. <_< >_>
Edited by Jackdakatsuj on 9/14/2012 1:48 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/14/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Jackdakatsuj
Title okay? Just realized it was the XLV. Speaking of light, could use a beer, it's Friday!

ewww light beer is an abomination.
85 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Vladja

ewww light beer is an abomination.

It's refreshing! Part of my love stems from kick-back Filipino beers like San Miguel Light and Red Horse (though the latter's technically not a light, but it does have a *kick*). But I do enjoy my darks and ambers. We had this stout at BJ's the other day that was completely wicked on all the senses, it was a good night.

...All that being said, I actually prefer hard drinks. <3 Tequila.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/14/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Sparklefever
Anyway, yes, ponies. Ponies is why we can't have armory poses.

But we got these forums before ponies were really a thing.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Low level scaling is fun!

My 63 ret has pretty close to the best gear that can be had. Templar's verdict hits for less than half of what harsh words does. I just got a harsh words hit that was larger than my health pool, followed by a 7700 exorcism.

Lobster was right when he said ret is everything that true shockadins used to want, except it's not really fun when you're a melee spec and you really don't have any huge benefit to actually meleeing because all your physical attacks are crap.
Edited by Cayse on 9/14/2012 1:59 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin

I approve of the addition.

09/14/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Elidra
But we got these forums before ponies were really a thing.

My internal sources say they were about to add them, but then Pony posts started showing up in the general forum
Edited by Paladinchaz on 9/14/2012 2:00 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
Gosh, Agincourt's so bitter. It's kind of freakin' hilarious

He gets on my nerves from time to time. He does have his points, but they're usually buried in so many tears to really see them.

I'm worried they're going to do to Harsh Words what they did to Holy Shock. The scaling between physical and magic attacks is really quite ridiculous.
100 Human Paladin
Agincourt was scarred for life about something

I wonder where the mean old RBG leader touched him =/

09/14/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Jackdakatsuj
I'm worried they're going to do to Harsh Words what they did to Holy Shock. The scaling between physical and magic attacks is really quite ridiculous.

Harsh Words is a novelty, it shouldnt be a serious consideration at max level (I hope)
86 Draenei Paladin
Agincourt was scarred for life about something

I wonder where the mean old RBG leader touched him =/

Harsh Words is a novelty, it shouldnt be a serious consideration at max level (I hope)

Harsh words was doing more damage than my TV until I got the sword from Deathwing. If you're ret you lose out on the mastery portion of your damage when using it. (Hand of Light IIRC)

I wouldn't be suprised if it gets nerfed, but there is very little reason to do so.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
At 90, it's not good at all.

Melee strikes are basically pure coefficient.. they scale almost exclusively from weapon power. The 275% + 600 is basically a joke, the 600 isn't doing anything for you at level cap.

Spells, the coefficients are lower and the base is muuuuuch higher, which means they scale slower from gear but they have a huge advantage on their starting points. The tooltips for spells are almost a joke. Flash of light is 6.3-7.1k, exorcism is 3.2-3.5k (and just this last run I got one to break 8,200, without a random dungeon bonus). Word of glory is 2.3-2.6k healing or 1.4-1.5k damage per holy power. Censure for 700, better than my average white hit, and almost the same as crusader strike.

But because of their low scaling, at 90 they just aren't a big deal, while the melee numbers are worlds better. Low level balance was bad before... but the changes they did to melee really managed to make it worse. Leveling a physical class is absolutely horrible right now.

Speeeeeaking of ridiculous spell scaling, apparently Wraith Scythe actually scales with spell power, and as I was cleaning out my bags the tooltip caught my eye; http://i.imgur.com/JW4n4.jpg
Edited by Cayse on 9/14/2012 2:30 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
...All that being said, I actually prefer hard drinks. <3 Tequila.

i like good bourbon sometimes. but i'm a die hard beer drinker. the best beer is a solid pale ale because you can drink it with just about any food.

Pretty much. HW just doesn't scale like TV does. It's super fun below 90 though lol.

i think harshwords is going to have its place in pve for when you can't melee a boss but are still generating hp with ranged generators. like if we ever get another fight with mechanics similar to atramedes. i see no reason to remove it, ever, but this might be because all our major glyphs are so crappy that even harsh words which isn't great on every fight is better then nothing.
85 Human Paladin
I just went back to verify this further to make sure I wasn't giving incorrect information. (Sorry for the confusion folks.) There is also an item level that goes with it. At level 85 Theramore's Fall is set to item level 353. At level 90 the item level is currently set for 425.

Nonononononononooo blaaah.

I gotta grind out the 6 levels left on this guy and get him heroic geared. Should be a fun weekend.

Well, I guess I could always grind JP on my main and buy a crapton of JP BoEs and send them through the neutral AH. Two accounts is sometimes fun.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
On the 63, with any set of gear all the way down to naked, harsh words easily doubles the damage of both TV and ShoR.

Even at 85, it does more (though nowhere near double) damage than ShoR and Blizzard said they like it that way because it allows tanks to chose to do more damage at times they don't want the mitigation.
100 Draenei Paladin
Anyway, yes, ponies. Ponies is why we can't have armory poses.

One day you will all learn Love and Tolerance and be better Paladins for it.

I knew it was coming.

09/14/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Jackdakatsuj
He does have his points, but they're usually buried in so many tears to really see them.

I don't even read his posts half the time these days, he can have his points but he's so far gone in his "I'm a victim" syndrome that it's just painful to dig through his posts.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 9/14/2012 3:10 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I know!

Caden wears a maid outfit in exchange for Chaz becoming a brony!
100 Draenei Paladin
I know!

Caden wears a maid outfit in exchange for Chaz becoming a brony!

Actually the Maid outfit was just Lobster being evil.

I believe I offered to let him draw Caden in a bunny outfit if he would ponify chaz, possibly ponify him in a pony dress.
100 Human Paladin
You can ponify me, but the Hate will always be in my heart
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]