Just finished Tides of War... [Spoilers]

87 Human Paladin
09/15/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Lynara
Dude she wants to post on her night elf so what? No one forces you to post on the character you play most. Do half the alliance fans post on their mains? Do half the horde fans post on their mains? probably not.

I understand that, and this character isn't my main either.

But this person's been posting useless threads and bringing up watered down posts essentially for the effect of trolling. (With a spicy hint of generalizations.)

and how was anything she said trolling?

This statement.

My main is an Alliance human paladin. I don't post on him though because I find most of the other human paladin posters to be bloodthirsty hatemongers. They are more bloodthirsty than Orc DK and Forsaken rogue posters from pvp realms.

If anyone has been trolling in this thread it was you

I could have just left this thread afterwards, but he decided to leave a nice little snark for me. (See above)
Edited by Talendras on 9/15/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
09/15/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Talendras
I'm just going to leave it at that though, troll as much as you want for the rest of this thread.

I'm waiting for the one of you two to stop being childish. This isn't about being "genuine" to a faction in a video game or if a certain race/class combo is inheritly jerk-ish. Quit it or take your griping elsewhere.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
09/15/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Almark
I'm waiting for the one of you two to stop being childish. This isn't about being "genuine" to a faction in a video game or if a certain race/class combo is inheritly jerk-ish. Quit it or take your griping elsewhere.

Well, I will simply apologize then.

I really do understand where you're coming from about Theramore though, I've still kept some glimmer of optimism since this is just par for the course on how the Alliance themes play out.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
So then you're admitting to not being genuine?

Because I gotta say, that's pretty well warranted of dislike.

I'm just going to leave it at that though, troll as much as you want for the rest of this thread.

I admit that my brother loves raiding and pvp (which I loathe) on his horde goblins, and I love quests, lore, and non-combat pets on my alliance toons? So he does the hamster wheel of raiding and pvp on his horde toons and skips most quests to get to endgame. I do all the quests, read the WOW books, and post on these forums. So...I am genuine Alliance, the few raids I do are on my paladin...you are just crappy at e-stalking.

I'd ALSO like to apologize to OP for derailing the thread. :D
Edited by Threeslotbag on 9/15/2012 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/15/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Talendras
I really do understand where you're coming from about Theramore though, I've still kept some glimmer of optimism since this is just par for the course on how the Alliance themes play out.

Basically. Just like WC2 Alliance gets hurt bad then Facerolls the horde.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
09/15/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Lynara
Basically. Just like WC2 Alliance gets hurt bad then Facerolls the horde.

Well, it should still come out interesting for the people who appreciate these said Alliance themes, though given by regular forum feedback I'm not sure how palpable it will be. Just how well can Blizzard do that mimics the WC2 feel of being Alliance?

That also really makes me wonder just what kind of themes people are wanting, as well. It just sounds as if there's a desire to be morally good, but to not have the kind of cons that go with that. (Such as not utterly decimating the enemy like they have you to keep that moral highground in check.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Golden's a great writer. For what Tides of War was, she did a good job with it. But the novel just reminds me of the old saying, "You can't polish a turd."

Destroying Theramore was a terrible idea when it was first announced and it was still a terrible idea when this book came out. It's a continuation of the idea that it's okay to treat the Alliance like !@#$ as long as they make the Horde look mean or have it's internal issues. After the Hordefest that was Cata this was not the event needed to inspire pride in Alliance players and get them hyped for the war Pandaria. It just makes us roll our eyes as Blizz insists things will be different while making all the same mistakes all over again.

It's treatment Horde side wasn't much better. Garrosh is suddenly a complete monster with no given explanation, and the non-Orc races are basically told they don't matter because Orcs are the only race with any strength in the Horde and will simply kill anyone who speaks out against them without issue. Vol'jin and Baine are essentially blackmailed into remaining in the Horde, and Garrosh is apparently strong enough to crush them without impacting his war with the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/15/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Talendras
even though I'm alliance

You're essentially not.

Roll a real Alliance race, like a Dwarf or a Human, then get back to me.

Who died and made you High King?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What's with all the nastiness in this thread? So many of the posts are nothing related to the OP :/

On topic:

09/15/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Almark
The story itself really was worth every penny.

It's comments like this that make me want to read it.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
09/15/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Callatham
Who died and made you High King?

Tony Danza

What's with all the nastiness in this thread? So many of the posts are nothing related to the OP :/

Just frustration.

09/15/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Bullcowsby

Same.

Although I don't think you'll like Baine much. ._.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/15/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Bullcowsby
The story itself really was worth every penny.

The book actually did deepen a lot of extra lore of existing charcters and made visiting Dalaran, Theramore, and Barrens a lot more interesting with the extra context. Very different than a Knaak book where you hope to never see his characters in game. :D

I'd recommend it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Oh, from everything I've heard I absolutely do NOT like Baine. Doesn't mean he can't/won't change, but...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I actually feel for Baine. He is trapped between a Rock and a Hard place and has to do what is best for his people.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/15/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Lynara
I actually feel for Baine. He is trapped between a Rock and a Hard place and has to do what is best for his people.

I understand that and I agree in part. But his general attitude towards certain other things is, if I may borrow a phrase from Lochnar, "pants on head retarded."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

I understand that and I agree in part. But his general attitude towards certain other things is, if I may borrow a phrase from Lochnar, "pants on head retarded."

Didn't really get that impression in ToW.

Garrosh was the one who felt Pants on head.
Edited by Lynara on 9/15/2012 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

I wasn't referring just to ToW. Regardless, I'm operating off of what I've been told happens, not what I've read, so these comments should be take with that in mind!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

I wasn't referring just to ToW. Regardless, I'm operating off of what I've been told happens, not what I've read, so these comments should be take with that in mind!

No I mean I think he is actually getting his crap together and beginning to organize. As He and Vol'jin said "There need to be cool heads still left to put the horde back together after Garrosh finishes tearing it apart."
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Fair enough - I'd really like to read it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]