Misted Legends Reborn (OOC3)

88 Night Elf Druid
1st OOC: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369527150
2nd OOC: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489779921?page=1

WOOT! Third OOC page for Misted Legends Reborn! And I believe Gotcha said it was the seventh in the Misted Legends... series xP.
Edited by Laviette on 9/16/2012 7:17 PM PDT
100 Human Death Knight
We need an IC bumpdate.
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
Even so, her own personal opinions mean little to nothing in the face of her own personal promise to Alexstrasza; she recognizes that protecting life includes those she's not particularly fond of. When she kills Horde members, she's doing it to protect the citizens of the Alliance who would surely perish by their blades. Does she go out of her way to slaughter whole towns of orcs, trolls, or undead? No.
Is the opposite true though? Is she willing to kill Alliance members in order to protect Horde citizens or is it a one way thing for the Alliance?

So I suppose you could consider Laviette to be neutral, but at the same time, her own opinions and feelings get in the way of that, and she is highly biased. Her reasons for working with the Horde at this time is because she's protecting something, the pandaren and everyone else.
I don't suppose you could really shed light on your character could you? You're talking about your character in a druidic point of view but that you tolerate both factions. Is your character working for the Wyrmrest Accord, the Cenarion Circle, or was just born as a night elf but doesn't agree with the Alliance?

09/16/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Laviette
A fully trained monk would kick yer %^-*. Game-wise (and I know we aren't supposed to bring game mechanics in to roleplaying because game mechanics=/=lore) they are a higher level. In my eyes, a higher level simply means a better trained/stronger warrior in roleplay. When I'm roleplaying with everyone, I assume they're at the current level cap, and that pretty much everyone's on a fair fighting ground, however since the pandaren are considered to be higher levels than us at the moment, they would be able to kick yer butt.
Levels are just a game mechanic that makes everyone on equal playing ground and allows questing and leveling to take place. That said, despite how Arthas is a level 80 boss, I bet that lorewise he could kick Chen Stormstout's !@#, regardless of what level he's supposed to be.

Also, I don't believe the Ebon Blade has been split up. Until I see proof of this, I'm just going to continue to assume they're an elite fighting force still positioned in Northrend dispatching any Scourge we've missed.
I don't have a specific source but I have a jumbled mess of facts that support my hypothesis. For one, two of the koteb's high ranking members, Koltira Deathweaver and Thassarian respectively, have joined in the Alliance/Horde fight for Andorhal, despite the fact that they were formerly high ranking members of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, even going so far as to become their generals. Also given the fact that the death knights had to officially join the Horde and the Alliance in order to join support against the war against the Lich King, and that their main purpose in life was killing Arthas and that it had been fulfilled, that means that the only course of action left is to either watch over the Scourge, kill themselves, or help out the Alliance and Horde. I'm guessing that if you don't go watch over the Scourge then you get stuck with the Alliance and Horde and helping out your former factions.
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
Just as an fyi relating to this last section my mind was split between typing this, finishing typing this so that I could leave to go out to dinner (against my will unfortunately) and communicating with my very annoying niece which was completely and utterly unreasonable. So if you have any questions about clarifying things or things that don't make sense let me know so that I can clarify them.
09/16/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Even so, her own personal opinions mean little to nothing in the face of her own personal promise to Alexstrasza; she recognizes that protecting life includes those she's not particularly fond of. When she kills Horde members, she's doing it to protect the citizens of the Alliance who would surely perish by their blades. Does she go out of her way to slaughter whole towns of orcs, trolls, or undead? No.
Is the opposite true though? Is she willing to kill Alliance members in order to protect Horde citizens or is it a one way thing for the Alliance?

So I suppose you could consider Laviette to be neutral, but at the same time, her own opinions and feelings get in the way of that, and she is highly biased. Her reasons for working with the Horde at this time is because she's protecting something, the pandaren and everyone else.
I don't suppose you could really shed light on your character could you? You're talking about your character in a druidic point of view but that you tolerate both factions. Is your character working for the Wyrmrest Accord, the Cenarion Circle, or was just born as a night elf but doesn't agree with the Alliance?

A fully trained monk would kick yer %^-*. Game-wise (and I know we aren't supposed to bring game mechanics in to roleplaying because game mechanics=/=lore) they are a higher level. In my eyes, a higher level simply means a better trained/stronger warrior in roleplay. When I'm roleplaying with everyone, I assume they're at the current level cap, and that pretty much everyone's on a fair fighting ground, however since the pandaren are considered to be higher levels than us at the moment, they would be able to kick yer butt.
Levels are just a game mechanic that makes everyone on equal playing ground and allows questing and leveling to take place. That said, despite how Arthas is a level 80 boss, I bet that lorewise he could kick Chen Stormstout's !@#, regardless of what level he's supposed to be.

Do you expect to be able to go kill Tirion fordring then with you character? Cause chen took on an alliance warrior and horde warrior and won with barely flicking his wrist already... Have to play beta and read the quest log to understand that point.

LAVI POST OR I WILL HURT YOU!
Edited by Sarinda on 9/16/2012 9:14 PM PDT
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/16/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Sarinda
Do you expect to be able to go kill Tirion fordring then with you character? Cause chen took on an alliance warrior and horde warrior and won with barely flicking his wrist already... Have to play beta and read the quest log to understand that point.
... I just said that levels are just a game mechanic. Because of that, regardless of how trained my character is he could hope to kill Tirion no matter what level he's at. And like I said, Arthas could probably kill Chen lorewise, despite the fact that he's a level 80 boss.

Also Chen attacked the Orc and Human warriors after they were exhausted from fighting before that in the naval battle, and then while they were fighting with one another. Now if Chen were to give them a heads up ahead of time and then fight with them both at a certain time when they were both rested and prepared then it's entirely likely that Chen would have lost. Therefore if anything's it's pretty dishonorable for him to attack two exhausted people who were fighting for their dear lives.
100 Human Death Knight
They were wrecking his stuff.
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/16/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Dristis
They were wrecking his stuff.
I'm sorry but you'll have to clarify on this statement. In this usage, they could refer to a lot of people. And then his can also refer to any number of people as well.
100 Human Death Knight
I am in no sober state to clarify. I said what I said, they were wrecking his stuff.

The self control I'm using right now to not colorize my speech is astounding.
92 Night Elf Druid
09/16/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Also Chen attacked the Orc and Human warriors after they were exhausted from fighting before that in the naval battle, and then while they were fighting with one another. Now if Chen were to give them a heads up ahead of time and then fight with them both at a certain time when they were both rested and prepared then it's entirely likely that Chen would have lost. Therefore if anything's it's pretty dishonorable for him to attack two exhausted people who were fighting for their dear lives.

You sure about that?

Even after they had been fighting before hand, they still had enough energy to try and beat the crap out of each other. Lets use the human for an example, he still had the wits to make a second weapon to fight against the orc with when he tried to surprise him, then you also got to take into consideration that they would have had enough time to rest before they fought.

Before Chen came in, the Orc was wrecking stuff (Pulling the thingo from the bridge, falling into a statue...even though that was partly the humans falt). Chen came in and stopped this. You also got to remember, Chen helped Rexxar, a powerful Horde hero, he was no wuss. Monks, as far as I can tell, are stronger than your adverage warrior, mostly because they are faster and not a lot more about combat that any other. It didn't matter how skilled or how tired the Orc and Human were, it was the fact that they were going up against a very skilled Pandaren, I mean, even if they teamed up (Which they did) they still lost.

You also got to take into consideration that this is probably the first time the two have EVER seen a Pandaren monk, and don't know about their fighting skill. So the adverage Pandaren monk can probably kick someone's !@# unless you were trained by them like Krystala has. I mean, Coron is a pretty skilled fighter himself, but he would probably still get his $%^- handed to him by a monk because he is not used to their fighting style.

Also, they weren't fighting for their lives as you so put it, they were fighting because....well...Horde and Alliance. Horde sees Alliance, Horde wanna kill Alliance. Alliance does the same only to horde and vice versa.

Chen comes in, does some stuff and beats their asses, they realize "Well, shiz, we got a bad !@# over here, team for a moment?" and the human gives the orc a weapon so they can fight this new threat. That is how the cinematic worked, pretty much.

Also please excuse the crappy explination, kinda out of it at the moment...dizzy and tired, and it's Monday, I hate school ><
Edited by Cøron on 9/16/2012 9:54 PM PDT
100 Human Death Knight
09/16/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Cøron
Orc was wrecking stuff (Pulling the thingo from the bridge, falling into a statue...even though that was partly the humans falt)

Thats what I meant
09/16/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Vynathlon
... I just said that levels are just a game mechanic. Because of that, regardless of how trained my character is he could hope to kill Tirion no matter what level he's at. And like I said, Arthas could probably kill Chen lorewise, despite the fact that he's a level 80 boss.

Apparently chen is dishonorable for getting ticked at two guys using sacred pandaren grounds has a arena.
92 Night Elf Druid
09/16/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Sarinda
Apparently chen is dishonorable for getting ticked at two guys using sacred pandaren grounds has a arena.

Yea.

Pandaren aren't a dishonorable race either....
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
Even after they had been fighting before hand, they still had enough energy to try and beat the crap out of each other. Lets use the human for an example, he still had the wits to make a second weapon to fight against the orc with when he tried to surprise him, then you also got to take into consideration that they would have had enough time to rest before they fought.
... I just watched the cinematic again and I really doubt that the orc would have had enough time to rest while he was swimming out of his boat which was sinking. He literally had just arrived on the island and went out to explore when he found the human and then attacked. Meanwhile you can tell that the human was exhausted after looking around the island and exploring. The fight between them occurred for the sole reason of them being trained warriors of their respective factions. If they were anything less than that then they likely would have either died on the boat or drowned after it sank.

Chen helped Rexxar, a powerful Horde hero, he was no wuss.
Who cares if he was able to help Rexxar anyways? Rexxar was powerful but that isn't any indication of his power. I mean Joe citizen out there could help Rexxar but it wouldn't automatically increase his power level because of that.

It didn't matter how skilled or how tired the Orc and Human were, it was the fact that they were going up against a very skilled Pandaren, I mean, even if they teamed up (Which they did) they still lost.
... I just told you that they were exhausted after their fight anyways. Chen was probably sitting there overseeing the Pandaren training. It's a lot like telling you to run 100 miles and then getting into a fight with someone else and losing. Now do you think you would have had a better chance against the person you fought against if you didn't have to run all that 100 miles in the first place? It doesn't mean you're guaranteed to win but it does mean that you have a better chance of winning.

You also got to take into consideration that this is probably the first time the two have EVER seen a Pandaren monk, and don't know about their fighting skill. So the adverage Pandaren monk can probably kick someone's !@# unless you were trained by them like Krystala has.
But the opposite is also true. This is the first time that he's seeing their fighting techniques as well. The Horde has changed quite a bit in the years after Chen left them, and as a result their fighting styles would have as well. Plus he hasn't seen the Alliance fight either so this is a first time for him anyways.

Also, they weren't fighting for their lives as you so put it, they were fighting because....well...Horde and Alliance. Horde sees Alliance, Horde wanna kill Alliance. Alliance does the same only to horde and vice versa.
... And as a result of that they were fighting for their lives. The Horde sees the Alliance and wants to kill them. The Horde decides it was a stupid idea to fight the Alliance but it's too late anyways to back out because the Alliance wants him dead as well. Therefore they're fighting for their lives regardless of what motivations they had to begin with.

09/16/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Sarinda
He's dishonorable for attacking the two of them after they had been exhausted from their naval battle, swimming to shore, exploring the continent (you saw in the cinematic that the human climbed all those steps since the shoreline, must of been exhausting), and then getting ambushed by an Orc warrior and fighting for his life. The orc didn't have much time to rest either because you saw that he swam to shore after his boat essentially burned down, and then waited in ambush for the human to arrive and attacked him. Now sure it was a stupid idea for him to attack the human in the first place but regardless I'm arguing his physical state not his motivations. SO they were exhausted fighting for their lives and Chen had the opportunity to get them to stop non-violently but he didn't and instead he attacked them and doing so made him dishonorable.
09/16/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Vynathlon
... I just watched the cinematic again and I really doubt that the orc would have had enough time to rest while he was swimming out of his boat which was sinking. He literally had just arrived on the island and went out to explore when he found the human and then attacked. Meanwhile you can tell that the human was exhausted after looking around the island and exploring. The fight between them occurred for the sole reason of them being trained warriors of their respective factions. If they were anything less than that then they likely would have either died on the boat or drowned after it sank.

Chen helped Rexxar, a powerful Horde hero, he was no wuss.
Who cares if he was able to help Rexxar anyways? Rexxar was powerful but that isn't any indication of his power. I mean Joe citizen out there could help Rexxar but it wouldn't automatically increase his power level because of that.

It didn't matter how skilled or how tired the Orc and Human were, it was the fact that they were going up against a very skilled Pandaren, I mean, even if they teamed up (Which they did) they still lost.
... I just told you that they were exhausted after their fight anyways. Chen was probably sitting there overseeing the Pandaren training. It's a lot like telling you to run 100 miles and then getting into a fight with someone else and losing. Now do you think you would have had a better chance against the person you fought against if you didn't have to run all that 100 miles in the first place? It doesn't mean you're guaranteed to win but it does mean that you have a better chance of winning.

You also got to take into consideration that this is probably the first time the two have EVER seen a Pandaren monk, and don't know about their fighting skill. So the adverage Pandaren monk can probably kick someone's !@# unless you were trained by them like Krystala has.
But the opposite is also true. This is the first time that he's seeing their fighting techniques as well. The Horde has changed quite a bit in the years after Chen left them, and as a result their fighting styles would have as well. Plus he hasn't seen the Alliance fight either so this is a first time for him anyways.

... And as a result of that they were fighting for their lives. The Horde sees the Alliance and wants to kill them. The Horde decides it was a stupid idea to fight the Alliance but it's too late anyways to back out because the Alliance wants him dead as well. Therefore they're fighting for their lives regardless of what motivations they had to begin with.

He's dishonorable for attacking the two of them after they had been exhausted from their naval battle, swimming to shore, exploring the continent (you saw in the cinematic that the human climbed all those steps since the shoreline, must of been exhausting), and then getting ambushed by an Orc warrior and fighting for his life. The orc didn't have much time to rest either because you saw that he swam to shore after his boat essentially burned down, and then waited in ambush for the human to arrive and attacked him. Now sure it was a stupid idea for him to attack the human in the first place but regardless I'm arguing his physical state not his motivations. SO they were exhausted fighting for their lives and Chen had the opportunity to get them to stop non-violently but he didn't and instead he attacked them and doing so made him dishonorable.

Chen was just sitting their watching them till one almost smacked him in the face though... You and me both know we would watch a fight happening and then if someone almost hits you, you know you would punch them in the face.
100 Human Death Knight
These two guys come to his land, start hitting eachother, wrecking stuff, and being general hooligans.

I feel like he was in the right trying to teach them what'fer.
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/16/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Sarinda
Chen was just sitting their watching them till one almost smacked him in the face though... You and me both know we would watch a fight happening and then if someone almost hits you, you know you would punch them in the face.
He was just watching though. It takes more energy to get into the fight than it is to get out of the way of the punch.

These two guys come to his land, start hitting eachother, wrecking stuff, and being general hooligans.

I feel like he was in the right trying to teach them what'fer.
Still makes it dishonorable though.
100 Human Death Knight
Two guys barge into your house, start slapping each other around (violently, and armed) crashing all around in your house, are you just gonna stand by and let them tucker out?
92 Night Elf Druid

/facepalm

Ok, now think about this.

There is an obvious time skip between the two leaving (The Orc jumping away, the human wandering off) before they met up in the area where they met Chen. Now I've watched the video a few time myself, and if you asked me, the two DIDN'T look tired when they met up. Let's use the human again. He was sharpening the stick, obviously because he is in a strange land and he needs another weapon quickly. Sure it would have been tiring swimming to the island, but he would still have enough time between then and climbing up the stairs to find a moment to rest up and keep moving. Who knows, he probably stopped for a bit to rest up before continueing on! We don't know this, because Blizzard likes to leave holes in things and likes to not explain stuff fully, that's what makes thing somtimes pretty damn interesting.

The Orc, look at him, HE'S A WALKING HUNK OF MUSCLE!. You think he could be that tired from a naval battle and a short swim to shore THAT easily? He could have also found time to rest between the obvious time skip between then arriving and them fighting, again, beacuse we don't know for certain. So to just pull out the "Well so and so happen, so that must mean I'm right!' card from your backside and then present it as true when there could be other possibilities is not going to win you any favours in this discussion.

Rspected by the Horde's previous Warchief, Thrall. With the help of Vol'jin and Chen, killed Jaina's father (Who was the king of an Island that the name escapes me...). You could say he is a true Horde's hero. Chen was with him the whole time, it may not seem that he was any more powerful, but to gain the favours of a hero that the Horde respect and stick with him till the end ot the journey....it shows he can hold his own pretty well if you ask me.

Chen was probably sitting there overseeing the Pandaren training

He wasn't, he happened to be passing through when he saw the fight. Notice near the end he picks up a package with the Pandaren face on it and hoists it over his back. He wasn't overseeing training.

It's a lot like telling you to run 100 miles and then getting into a fight with someone else and losing. Now do you think you would have had a better chance against the person you fought against if you didn't have to run all that 100 miles in the first place? It doesn't mean you're guaranteed to win but it does mean that you have a better chance of winning.

Yet the orc and human did put up a decent fight agains Chen even if that was the case. This does not help your argument.

But the opposite is also true. This is the first time that he's seeing their fighting techniques as well. The Horde has changed quite a bit in the years after Chen left them, and as a result their fighting styles would have as well. Plus he hasn't seen the Alliance fight either so this is a first time for him anyways

Let's hop into Chen's head for a moment. He happens to be wandering through with a package of what ever he was carrying, he then hears/sees two warriors fighting it out in a sacred area of the Pandaren. Perplexed, he goes to investigate and sees the fight and makes an effort to stop it before they break anything else. He watches their movements, how wildly they were swinging and any falts that he could have seen, so, he uses the Mists to an advantage and breaks up the fight. Before he does though, he stops their attacks and vanishes into the mists again.

The Orc hears him and attempts to throw a swing, he hits the statue he was sitting behind and appears to say "ELLO!" and then the fight begins. With a Monk as skilled as himself, two warriors is easy sauce, he managed to block and dodge all of their attacks, though his hat gets clipped by the human who uses an advantage when Chen focused on beating the Orc.

MORE
92 Night Elf Druid
Also, Chen has been in Azeroth before, so he has seen the way Horde and Alliance fight. SO saying that it's his first time seeing the Horde and Alliance fight is bogus. I should have probably just said that, save me some posting space.

*Siiiigggghhh*

It's war. They are don't exactly care where they are as long as one of the two is dead. Chen came and stop this because they were both useing what they could in the area to try and kill each other. Fighting for their lives, and fighting to kill a hated enemy. There is a difference.

Also the Orc didn't think ANYTHING, he was actually about to Ambush the human before a rock fell and gave away his position, forcing him to leap into action, even if the end result was him being thrown away by the human. I don't know where you got that from.

As said over many many times, he was fighting to stop them from wrecking a sacred Pandaren ground.

Now, picture this, imagin two people come to your home, tired and exhausted, they see some other dude they hate and they start fighting it out in your home, useing what ever they can get their hands on as a weapon. Would you just sit there because it's 'Dishonnorable'?

NO!

I would go in there, break it up, and prevent further damage! Even if it meant having to beat them to bloody pulps first. Chen did exactly that, it doesn't make him dishonnorable, he was protecting sacred ground, like anyone would do in the natural world today. You think the buddah monks would alow to hoolagins to wreck their temple just to kill the other person? Nooooopppeee.

09/16/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Vynathlon
He was just watching though. It takes more energy to get into the fight than it is to get out of the way of the punch.

Read previous posts.

09/16/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Still makes it dishonorable though.

Again, read above posts. You're grasping at straws here.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]