Misted Legends Reborn (OOC3)

88 Night Elf Druid
Man, kinda like my friend. His dream job would've been the military, but they wouldn't accept him because of eye problems :( . It's really too bad, really, especially since he's always had his heart set on it; at least he had for as long as I'd known him.

The real bummer is, he took all the tests (both physical and otherwise) and passed them with flying colours, but they were like "Nope, blind in one eye."

If it's not too personal, why'd you choose to join the military?

Edit: I claim this page in the name of France!
... Not really xP
Canada! Eh!
Edited by Laviette on 9/18/2012 1:06 PM PDT
100 Human Death Knight
My dad was Infantry in Vietnam, his dad was Infantry in WWII, and I was raised watching those kinds of movies with my dad. Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan were my big ones that made me want to do it. Back then college didn't seem right for me, so I figured I'd do this and go to college afterwards.

I love weapons and the gear, the tactics and all things about it. Except most of the leadership, who shouldn't be in their position, but I digress.

And in the least sadistic way possible, I wanted to shoot and blow things up.

I want to go to college for History, go to the police academy, do that (Probably S.W.A.T. or K-9), retire from that and teach history.
90 Night Elf Druid
09/18/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Laviette
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-cast-on-season-3-inside-the-walking-dead

O_o

Holy crapozil! *Goes to read*

My dad was Infantry in Vietnam, his dad was Infantry in WWII, and I was raised watching those kinds of movies with my dad. Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan were my big ones that made me want to do it. Back then college didn't seem right for me, so I figured I'd do this and go to college afterwards.

I love weapons and the gear, the tactics and all things about it. Except most of the leadership, who shouldn't be in their position, but I digress.

And in the least sadistic way possible, I wanted to shoot and blow things up.

I want to go to college for History, go to the police academy, do that (Probably S.W.A.T. or K-9), retire from that and teach history.

That sounds pretty awesome, it's like you were born with millitary blood. If would joined the Millitary, I would practice becoming a sniper but...pfft, the training I saw I'd probably end up dead from exhaustion *shrugs* Ah well, really...

Also Lav, will fix up my post a bit!

Edit:

Ok, post 'slightly' fixed.....

Will get on up for Ash later

Edit 2:

Posted for Ash. Let me know if anything needs changing, Lavi
Edited by Cøron on 9/18/2012 3:20 PM PDT
93 Undead Death Knight
Req
Well when you put it that way I guess I see how you guys see it. That he did attempt to break them up, then the orc attacked him, he dodges, the human and orc team up and attack him, and therefore he defends himself. But regardless of whether he's dishonorable or not, I still don't like him. He should just fight normally like everyone else does and just go with the flow of all the other warriors in the world of warcraft, not add a whole new fighting style to the mix. I personally think what Chen's fighting style was was cheap and unfair. If he wanted to be respectful and fight fairly he wouldn't have entered the fight at all. Now I know he wanted to break up the fighting because they were breaking stuff, but if he really wanted to fight them for real then he should have revealed himself and fought like a warrior. Bringing his monk abilities to a battle to the death is like bringing a gun to a knife fight, it's just unfair imo. But regardless this complaining of him has no relevance regarding Chen being considered as honorable or not.
85 Worgen Priest
09/18/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Dristis
Saving Private Ryan

Loved that movie

09/18/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Cøron
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-cast-on-season-3-inside-the-walking-dead

SEASON THREES UP! HOLY CRAPPER!

09/18/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Cøron
That sounds pretty awesome, it's like you were born with millitary blood. If would joined the Millitary, I would practice becoming a sniper but...pfft, the training I saw I'd probably end up dead from exhaustion *shrugs* Ah well, really...

Everyone tells me to go into the military for sniper training because whenever I paintball with my friends I hide in the trees and take shots from far away, most miss (stupid balls >.>) while I usual get them before they know where I am hehe *grin with a canine tooth sticking out*

In conclusion I am ze best paintball sniper in the world, and my sneak skill and archery skill is 100 *SKYRIM FTW!* :3
Edited by Ihealedyou on 9/18/2012 4:37 PM PDT
95 Worgen Druid
Hello! Agian if my posts make me sound too op I dont mean to do that. If I am just tell me and I'll change them. I dont want to upstage anyone. Aaaand on to another topc just a little warning. If any of the girl characters do end up talking to Maraph he will either stutter or possibly try to hide behind a large object. Just telling you if you want to exploit that fact for future comedy.
85 Night Elf Druid
short post is short
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Posted, YEAH SADISTIC LINERON!!!! :D
09/18/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Ihealedyou
Saving Private Ryan

Loved that movie

Everyone tells me to go into the military for sniper training because whenever I paintball with my friends I hide in the trees and take shots from far away, most miss (stupid balls >.>) while I usual get them before they know where I am hehe *grin with a canine tooth sticking out*

In conclusion I am ze best paintball sniper in the world, and my sneak skill and archery skill is 100 *SKYRIM FTW!* :3

Copy cat... Those were my Skyrim.skills first!
85 Worgen Priest
09/18/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Sarinda

Loved that movie

Copy cat... Those were my Skyrim.skills first!

Does anyone else here that love skyrim as Sarinda and I do xD
93 Undead Death Knight
Req
@ Ihealedyou: No.

@everyone else: does anyone know if this is like an area for people from the misted legends thread to just hang out around here, or does it have to have at least some relevance to the IC thread itself?
85 Worgen Priest

@everyone else: does anyone know if this is like an area for people from the misted legends thread to just hang out around here, or does it have to have at least some relevance to the IC thread itself?

How dare you sir xD

It's just for hanging out or talking about wat to post next so i'd say both
85 Night Elf Druid
I like Skyrim haven't played a lot of it though:P
93 Undead Death Knight
Req

How dare you sir xD

It's just for hanging out or talking about wat to post next so i'd say both
oh good. I personally don't know who else to talk to regarding personal life details. Most of my friends don't play wow and still reside back in Texas where I'm from. And when I try to tell my mother about a story I tried writing, she got disinterested and started talking about the paint color of a different room which made me disinterested. Therefore I'm not sure who to tell anyone else about this stuff. My only remaining option is to not tell anyone else about it, then my story falls into the melting pot of ideas of which I would use after assimilating other ideas from watching tv and playing wow and other video games. So that said, I'm unsure who to talk to about writing new stories unrelated to wow.
85 Worgen Priest
Well I would say talk to me xD

*currentley writing a book*

If you want my first chapter I can post or you can post your first chapter.

Really interested on what your writing
93 Undead Death Knight
Req
Well I would say talk to me xD

*currentley writing a book*

If you want my first chapter I can post or you can post your first chapter.

Really interested on what your writing
Currently it's not much of anything yet. Rather I got bored then just started writing. It's in the prewriting type of stage in which I sat down, started writing, then more and more ideas came bristling with the story and soon I had about a page of material down. Also yes, before I start, I just want to note that some of the writing is based on my exposure to wow, that said it doesn't take place in the wow universe but it has some of the wow concepts and names in place. I'll start from what I know:

The story starts with a man called Eranikus. He was originally born in Hawaii and grew up influenced by his parents to become a doctor. Soon he went to the university of Hawaii and decided to major in medical sciences because he's planning on becoming a doctor. There, he became very good friends with a guy whom he calls Lucius.

There, Lucius being his best friend hangs out with him and they have a bit of fun together. One day however while Lucius was walking Eranikus to his car, Eranikus's brother (he doesn't have a name yet) accidentally drove his car into Lucius and fatally wounds him. Based on what Eranikus knows from his medical sciences, he attempts to revive Lucius but to no avail. Lucius dies in his arms and Eranikus is depressed.

He soon drops his major from Medical Sciences and does nothing. One day however as he was thinking, he saw in a video game, that a certain magic existed that allowed people to bring the dead back to life. Feeling hope in this impossible concept, he leaves and learns more about dimensional sciences. There, he learns more and more about it to the point that he's confident in his abilities to create an inter-dimensional worm-hole device that will allow him to travel to the dimension that he wants. He tries it but it doesn't work.

When he was locking up his lab, a strange electrical portal appeared in his lab. He went to investigate and learned that a man wearing a strange electrical suit walked through the portal and met with him there. Eranikus soon learns that this is himself from the electrical dimension, and that his transdimensional self was doing the same thing of transferring dimensions but that in his universe this was all possible because of his universe's affinity for electrical magic.

This made the native Eranikus intrigued and switched places with his transdimensional self and went to the electrical dimension. There, he learned a bit more about inter-dimensional travel and created a fully functioning worm-hole device that allowed him to travel to a separate dimension that had an affinity for fire instead.

This is where I had to stop as the bell rang and that class was over, but what happened was that he would traverse dimensions until he reached the dimension of ice, in which he would learn the science of artificial life, which he would use to bring his friend back to life with. He would bring Lucius back to life but it would not be who Lucius originally was, instead it would be his body occupied by a primal instinct, much like an undead would have.

Soon however, the artificial life magics would spread via plague to other dead creatures and living creatures as well and soon the dead would occupy his world. In a search for answers, Eranikus would traverse the separate dimensions for the answer to defeating the undead monstrosity that he created. Soon, he would enter the dimension of the light which originally created his dimension with all the elements that would make his universe its own.

He would learn along the way that the element of fire is what allows life to survive and that once it goes out nothing can come back, and that by having the element of ice in its place he would artificially bring the dead back to unlife.

So he along with the forces of the light, and the forces of all the other elemental dimensions would infiltrate his original universe and free it from Lucius's dark grasp. After Lucius was killed again, and the world was freed from his protection, Eranikus would learn a valuable lesson that the dead cannot be brought back and that they should just rest in their graves.
93 Undead Death Knight
Req
Also just to reiterate, I thought up this story in only 45 minutes and wrote up a bit of it, so if it's pretty bad or good or anything that might be the reason why. Of course, I have allowed ideas to fester for a while now so this might be a result of that. And yes, Eranikus is the green dragon from the Emerald Dream who fought against you during the scepter of the Shifting Sands questline. His name just felt pretty unique for this type of story. I couldn't think of any better names and I thought the concept of him being in a story was rather humorous so I just did it.
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/18/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Vynathlon
And yes, Eranikus is the green dragon from the Emerald Dream who fought against you during the scepter of the Shifting Sands questline. His name just felt pretty unique for this type of story. I couldn't think of any better names and I thought the concept of him being in a story was rather humorous so I just did it.

Technically that can count as being against copy right laws unless you acknowledge the name belongs to Blizzard entertainment, depending on the story. Plus, I find it rather lazy of you to just take the name of a character that technically isn't yours to begin with. You can say it was pulled out of the 'Uncreative' basket.

Either way, i'm gonna be posting on Lia for a while, cause I feel like it!

HUR HA!

Also....Lin....I think all three are already dead....

Krystala killed on, Lori killed one...and I think either Core or Lavi's dragon killed the third.

: / Just putting it out there.
93 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/18/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Liå
Technically that can count as being against copy right laws unless you acknowledge the name belongs to Blizzard entertainment, depending on the story. Plus, I find it rather lazy of you to just take the name of a character that technically isn't yours to begin with. You can say it was pulled out of the 'Uncreative' basket.
I wrote the majority of the story in 45 minutes, plus i'm not planning on publishing the story anyways. Besides I could even say that I didn't even come up with the name from the game anyways. Blizzard doesn't have copyright laws to it, and what would they do anyways if they learn that a story or business already had the name before they put in copyright laws for it anyways? Just as a note, these are counterpoints I no longer see a use to argue semantics with you Lia. If you feel the need to argue let it go I don't want to get into another argument about details that are useless anyways. Besides my story is done, I shared it with the rest of you so that's good enough for me. Good night all. My job here is done.
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/18/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Vynathlon
I wrote the majority of the story in 45 minutes, plus i'm not planning on publishing the story anyways. Besides I could even say that I didn't even come up with the name from the game anyways. Blizzard doesn't have copyright laws to it, and what would they do anyways if they learn that a story or business already had the name before they put in copyright laws for it anyways? Just as a note, these are counterpoints I no longer see a use to argue semantics with you Lia. If you feel the need to argue let it go I don't want to get into another argument about details that are useless anyways. Besides my story is done, I shared it with the rest of you so that's good enough for me. Good night all. My job here is done.

I was meerly point out something, Vyn....
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]