Warrior tanks broken.

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
THREAT IS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH [insert my tank's class name here] CMON BLIZZARD
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/18/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Sketchey
Good point though, I just didn't realize tank DPS could be that low this Expac.

It can be now in situations where you have ZERO Vengeance. But, there are very, very, very few times you'd have no Vengeance. Like, attacking a target dummy. That's about it. And even then, I can do around 10k. I can see if you were in bad gear, you'd be doing maybe 6-7k on a target dummy, but that scales up really fast when you're even tanking weak mobs.

I've heard it all before, we have TONS of threads on the paladin forums about paladin tanking being broken, and how threat is broken. It's not. Both paladin and warrior tanks are fine.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If you're having threat issues on ANY tank right now it's pretty much a L2P issue
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Everytime I see threat topics in 500% land, I kick my puppy

think the puppies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think people are seeing a difference in how the abilities are scaled for AoE. It used to just be a given for me to hold threat on my off-targets with Heart Strike. Since prepatch it's almost a guarantee that equally geared DPS who don't assist me will pull. However, if they do assist me there is no way in hell they are pulling my main target.

So yeah ... tell people to assist and maybe 10% of them will actually do it and lives will improve lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I do admit I do feel signficantly squishier now when tanking. Probably just need more practice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/19/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Lochnar
I do admit I do feel signficantly squishier now when tanking. Probably just need more practice.

With the lower regular block chance from mastery you will see a little more spike then before, but once you get used to the new rage generation and keeping up sheild barrier/block, you'll see a overall improvement on not being squishy, hell depending on the boss and your vengence (and latency,) your healer will start getting bored
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I did a hilariously huge absorb on Murozond, it was epic. I hate how HG resets vengeance, but I guess that would make that joke of a fight even more laughable.
Edited by Faliz on 9/19/2012 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
press X and get moar vengeance!
Edited by Velithara on 9/19/2012 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/19/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Faliz
I did a hilariously huge absorb on Murozond, it was epic. I hate how HG resets vengeance, but I guess that would make that joke of a fight even more laughable.

I love that fight with the absorb, just tell the healer to go DPS and toss a heal every now and then, nothing like seeing his special ablitys just get absorbed into nothing
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/17/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Nizalb
I wish with every major patch/expansion you didnt mess with the tanks. My warrior tank doesn't generate enough threat to scare a spider. 375 item level, so gear isnt the issue. I understand some classes havent figured out what Omen is but common, threat is a major problem with warrior tanks.

You're bad.
This guy qued for HoT's like...10 min after dinging. Threat is somewhere between outstanding and trivial to keep, and survival...well Warrior is swimming in CD's. Keep Shield Block /Barrier up ( pull/fight depending) and then there's your 1-3 min CD's... Warrior tanks are demi-gods.

Yes some DPS are disrespectful, and obnoxious ( don't exactly facilitate you getting initial agro)
But seriously even when they do that, you snap it right back. Heroic Leap in, Tclap and shield slam on CD, and spam Revenge, Cleave/Heroic Strike on proc....Devastate the rest of the time ( chance to reset the CD on Shield Slam)... SHOCK WAVE!!!!!!!!!How can you complain about threat??

Oh and PS: Omen is useless. The bloody game has a built in threat warning now. Learn to play and don't suggest Omen is even close to necessary.
Tanks can switch stance/presence/form/remove RF on tank switch, dps can back off ( shudder! I know right! or the pally can toss out a hand of Salv...I mean come on.
Gee might have to actually pay attention to raid frames.
Edited by Gervasio on 9/19/2012 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
There's no addon to stop you from being bad. Pretty sure I'm not bothering with MoP. This is my 3rd account ( I keep coming back though I'm not sure why.)
Idiots like the OP dictate my sucess in game? gee wiz sign me up for another $15 month!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Threat is too easy now, if u complain about threat try tanking during TBC.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
09/21/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Amelmil
Threat is too easy now, if u complain about threat try tanking during TBC.

Threat has never been what tanking was about.

It drives me absolutely bat !@#$ insane when people think that it is or was.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
I don't think it's correct to completely dismiss it, either, though.

Some of the best tanks I know distinguished themselves through things like Heroic Shattered Halls. Completing that timed run as a warrior, without excessive CC, was seen as a mark of skill.

Conversely, being able to stay alive was almost entirely on the healers in those days. As a protection paladin in BC I didn't even have a single cooldown.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Some of the best tanks I know distinguished themselves through things like Heroic Shattered Halls. Completing that timed run as a warrior, without excessive CC, was seen as a mark of skill.

True, but that was less about maximum threat generation and more about ability to control each mob in the group through both threat and minimizing damage. It's a different kind of threat generation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]