will my computer play MoP any good?

85 Worgen Warrior
processor : i5 3570
memory: 8gb
Graphics card: radeon HD 7870
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It'll play MoP very well, but hope you aren't' overpaying for it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
is 890 bad? :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
$890? Seems too good to be true. What is the full specs of this PC? Is it used?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
ordered it off cyberpower. there was alot of rebates plus summer discounts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What is the power supply that you used? I assume RAM was DDR3-1600.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I used this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com which is "great" yet I'm seeing a lot of forum chat saying don't. Are there any other more "reliable" sites? I've been playing cata on my computer..never any issues, but on that "site" it says my video card isn't any good.

Acer Aspire 5742 (laptop)
Intel Core i3-370m processor
2.4ghz
4g ram
windows 7
Intel(R) HD Graphics at 128mb with 4.0 pixel shader and vertex shader.
plenty of gb's (215)

If anyone has something close to this and they know they can run it, I'd appreciate it.

Aside from that, when I play, I run Game Booster 3.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
40 Human Rogue
Hey there Ironmanz,

Good system for $890. Nothing crazy, more or less what it's worth. And yes you should be able to play on ultra settings.

Good hunting,

Ultrapotato
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/18/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Seelee
I used this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com which is "great" yet I'm seeing a lot of forum chat saying don't. Are there any other more "reliable" sites? I've been playing cata on my computer..never any issues, but on that "site" it says my video card isn't any good.

None of those "system checker" sites are reliable, because the minimum requirements / recommended requirements that companies put out are not reliable indicator of reasonable expectations of performance.

minimum = you can see the game run. that's it.
recommended = now you can actually play a game, but only simple stuff only.

And yes, Intel integrated is no good for anything that requires real graphics power, IE) raids and crowded cities.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'll agree having a factory video card is a negative. I sought to replace/upgrade it but the outcome was one of two results: it works but cause my computer other issues..or it doesn't work and I'm left with a large paperweight.

I'm not gonna disagree with you on the "checker"..simple as that.

However, I'm using what I have now and with cata..I don't lag in cities, I can play bg's, and any raid, 25 or 10 man..no issues whatsoever.

Idk..take the gamble?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Stormwind tends to have much better FPS than Orgrimmar due to its closed nature; Orgrimmar's open nature really puts your graphics card to the test on crowded servers.

To see how bad it can be, I invite you to make a character on Blackrock Horde during prime-time, and go to the center of Orgrimmar (in front of Garrosh's fortress, near AH and bank).

Let me know what happens to your FPS.

That said... You have a laptop, so it's impossible to get a hardware upgrade (GPU). :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]