Did BEs steal the NEs "Fierceness"?

90 Night Elf Hunter
Originally, NE's were fierce vicious predator-people who attacked first and asked questions later. But over time they have been marginalized to the point that now they are basically Purple Tauren. Do you think the selfish and vindictive Blood Elves took their place in the story as the mercurial and viper-like race?

You have to admit, the Blood Elf males are pretty Fierce!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blood Elf and "Fierce" never belong in the same sentence.

Every time I hear a Blood Elf in game use their war cry I laugh my everloving !@# off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The roar sound emotes of both the Blood elves and Draenei are stupid. Why can't they have a war cry like every other race?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
09/19/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Lochnar
Blood Elf and "Fierce" never belong in the same sentence.

They were fine in TFT

A few in Kalimdor and reliquary still are.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
Please raise your hand if you're playable race has done any two or more of the following:
Eradicated a Kirin Tor city/village/town.
Eradicated a large city.
Threatened the safety of two worlds.
Is able to drain the life force of living creatures.

So that's the orcs...oh look Blood Elves!

Night Elves are fierce.
Blood Elves are $%^&* ruthless.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Please raise your hand if you're playable race has done any two or more of the following:
Eradicated a large city.

So that's the orcs...oh look Blood Elves!

Night Elves are fierce.
Blood Elves are $%^&* ruthless.

You still roar like a pansy. And have manicured nails.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Haters gunna hate
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
I'd say Blood Elves are at least less emotional than Night Elves.

Which is kinda unfortunate, really sick of that side of the race.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Eradicated a large city.

*Raises hand*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They need to bring back the brawny Druids of the Claw that were in WC3. Seems like that aesthetic has just been completely wiped out, although Broll Bearmantle has done as much as possible to preserve that aspect of Night Elves.

But man, it'd be cool seeing those guys come back as a more Darnassus affiliated Druidic group. Sentinels being guerilla/tactics, and bear Druids being shock troopers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
One Blood Elf helping make the mana bomb does not equal the entire race helping with it.

And the Silvermoon Blood Elves never threatened the safety of Draenor. You are a Silvermoon Elf, not one of the ones that fled with Kael'thas.

Also, when have we threatened the safety of Azeroth? Any race excluding Worgen, and Trolls could easily squish us if we poked them hard enough to make them want to fight.
Edited by Lorelaî on 9/19/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I've never really thought of blood elves as fierce. I think goblins have more ferocity in them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Eradicated a large city.

/raiseshand

Forsaken chyeah!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Blood Elves aren't "Fierce". They're "Hardened".

After all the trials they went through to lose the Sunwell, to rebuild Silvermoon, to survive on Outland, to take on and lose in Northrend, to stand up against their own prince and retake Quel'danas, and most of all, to join the Horde....They've adapted and grown strong.

Pragmatism is more or less a Forsaken thing in the Horde. The Blood Elves are all about manipulation and adaptation.

The Night Elves, in their "Fierceness", are often centered around hate. Illidan was a very hateful person with a bitter grudge. Maiev was a very determined person because of her hate, and it blinded her to all reason. These two characters were very important in the Night Elven dynamic in WCIII, and they're both gone.

THAT is why Night Elves are no longer "fierce". The three pillars of their society were represented by Malfurion(Nature), Tyrande(War), and Illidan(Passion). With just Malfurion and Tyrande being at the center of everything, there just isn't much there.

But again, the way Blizzard screwed up with Illidan in WoW has been done to death. The fans know he was handled poorly, and so does Blizzard.

I think they tried to bring a bit of that old "vibe" back in Cataclysm, by making some of the Night Elves in Mt.Hyjal more extreme like Maiev(like that one Druid of the Talon NPC...forget her name), and characters like Leyara. They also tried to bring arcane magic back into Night Elf society, but it just isn't the same without Illidan's passion about it. The Highborne, despite being absolute jackasses in the questing, are still just losers under Tyrande and Malfurion's heel. They need a new leader.

They need Illidan.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
09/19/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Drailen
like that one Druid of the Talon NPC...forget her name

Thisalee Crow... what a woman.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, that one. The one who wants to kill ALL the Harpies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/19/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Drailen
They need Illidan.

I should say this now -

If Illidan ever comes back, he's not going to join the Night Elves.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
He certainly could, depending on how they bring him back.

It was Malfurion who banished him. And Malfurion is the guy the Night Elves, in lore, are currently very suspicious of. They're suspicious in the starting area at how Fandral just disappeared and Malfurion returned. Many are distrustful of the way things are going since he came back. Leyara was a good example of this.

It wouldn't take much for Blizzard to put enough distrust on Malfurion for the Night Elves to say, "Hey, you know what? Maybe Illidan wasn't such a bad guy in the first place. Maybe he's redeemed himself now", and forces Tyrande to lift the banishment. At which point all it would take is the Highborne saying "Hey, buddy, come over here, and welcome to the club. We know what it's like to be banished too".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I really wish Illidan stays dead.

He did come back.

For the WoE dungeon.

It was new content with Illidan in it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I really wish Illidan stays dead.

He did come back.

For the WoE dungeon.

It was new content with Illidan in it.

Blizz has done a lot of fore-shadowing to suggest he is not gone for good. The Felwood questline, for instance. I doubt its there just for the heck of showing the backstory of a character any self-respecting Warcraft fan would already know.

Illidan is half-demon... He may be able to regenerate himself after death.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]