\0/ good workday relief. Thanks y'all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
Haha! WTB Recruitment Relief!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
Okay, seriously where the -insert expletive- are the raiders?

Why sit in a casual guild on your main and bash your head in LFR in MoP? Why deal with people who don't agree? Why play with people you could careless to be around?

Seriously, if you're looking for a core raid spot on a raid team let me know. LA has no bench. Leveling will be fast. Down time will be short. The goals are clear and the atmosphere will be enjoyable. So while this thread is pretty trollish, etc. I'll use it seriously. Give us a shot and we promise we will not disappoint!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Talked about this before, for some reason there's a lot of raiders sitting in casual guilds that just don't want to budge or move to a more progressive guild. Not sure why cause I think Unexpected Guests has a good guild with good people in it but we haven't gotten good turn out from recruiting on Shandris. We're always looking for people that are looking to better themselves in a stable raiding guild with plenty of activity and no drama.

Check out unexpectedguests.com if anybody is looking for a good home.

I have heard good things about AFK too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I will use my self as an example for the multitude of people that are grouped into the above categories.

#1- I work 2nd shift and don't get home until 1am. I know I am not the only one that has odd hours and isn't able to run at normal times.

#2- Just because we are in casual guilds doesn't mean we cant have a good time. There are many things in the game that keep us busy such as achievements, questing, pvp and dungeons.

#3- There are quite a few groups out there that do raid casually that most people just don't know about. For example I raid with a casual group on Sunday night at 11:30pm. It isn't the best group and its only one night for like 3-4 hours but we kill some stuff and have some fun.

#4- It is a commitment. A lot of players just don't have the time or want to put in the time to be in a solid raiding group. Most decent teams at least run 3 hours 2-3 days a week and that is just not something that everyone wants to commit to.

#5- Changing guilds is scary. Call it the fear of the unknown I am sure a lot of people are happy with what they have and are afraid they wont fit in or things just wont work out and once you leave a guild its kind of like burning a bridge behind you in most cases.

All that being said best of luck to everyone on their recruitment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
One point. I'm not bashing. More frustration than anything and I should have known this beforehand.

And if you wish to bring up my guild you might wish to read up on them. My guild is casual. The team within the guild is not. There's a difference.

And I agree people either have competitive spirit or they don't for raiding. It seems the competitive spirit for raiding isn't found in as many here as else where.

Mavericace, I know casual guilds have fun. Mine has a blast! It's why I decided to stick within instead of leaving it. Why leave a good home? And I understand time constraints. Believe me if you know anyone that raided with me in RC then they can tell you I had my own issues there. It's why I haven't really raided since Ulduar. So I know you have completely valid points. Don't take me as bashing you or anyone else. I speak out of pure frustration. It's hard enough speaking with off server potentials. On Shandris..it doesn't even get that far. lol And thank you for the good luck. I just let a bit of change and frustration taint a post. My apologies to anyone I offend.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
Agreed, I am not giving up. I've done that once before and about quit WoW afterwards. lol

I'd have a hard time putting up with someone who said they were committed to the raid, but repeatedly left raids to do something basic like eat. I guess to each their own. If you're willing to put up with that fine, but that just wastes the rest of the team's time and sub fee. I'm a tad bit picky, but I was spoiled at one time. Therefore, I guess it'll take longer than some would like to build a team.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Raiders either want to raid or they don't. Some are still recovering from Dragon Soul burnout I'd imagine.

They could also be doing something different e.g gold farming, pvp, having fun with friends.

No one who play's wow and is an excellent raider will remain idle unless they have a good reason.
Edited by Borrawin on 9/22/2012 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Bump for Borra and Sub! Nice thoughts!
The recruiting will come up as things heat up, no worries to fret atp. Take your team, get leveled and get in there. Raiders notice things like that. That is what brings them, not a cool recruiting post in trade (Lord knows i got some of those), You have to look at it in thier eyes. They might not be in a bad stop, but maybe they want more, and they just have to see, if they plan to step out and into a new guild, if they arent going to be surrounded by !@#$%^-s.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
bump for Sub nice words. Good luck to all raid teams out there in Mists.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Al your team will come you have heart and your very passionate any forum reader will agree with me on that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Also with the new expansion coming out I wouldn't be afraid to test your luck with some new players. By new players I mean there will be a small influx of players that have never played WoW before and although many guilds might not want them since they will have no max lvl toons and they wont know the game some of them will end up being very good players.

If you try to find fresh players I would look for people that might have a history of gaming such as other mmo's or experience with other types of gaming. It isn't completely the same but someone that can beat Contra without cheating or has played and beat every Final Fantasy has a good chance of picking things up quickly.

Not only is this a possible good find for your guild it will help new players and make the community better.

Best of luck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]