Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Cognition is a guild dedicated to raiding. Our goal is to progress through all the end game content WoW has to offer quickly and efficiently while also maintaining a friendly and fun environment. We will accomplish many great things and are always looking for players who share the drive in conquering new content. We currently are running a very solid 10M composition and are going to build back up to a 25m raiding guild for MoP as we have always been.
We look for players who know how to play their class well, have high availability for our raid times, and project a positive attitude. If you are a dedicated and skilled raider willing to put forth the effort to achieve our goals, while having some fun along the way, please fill out a very short application at ------> http://Cognition.guildlaunch.com. We also ask that you read our guild guidelines before applying so that you are familiar with our practices and policies.
Our raid times are from 6:30 pm to 9:30PM PST, Tuesday, Sunday, with a optional clean up/alt raid on Mondays if anything is left alive or to do w/e. Invites start at 6:15pm and we expect members to be in the zone, and ready to pull at 6:25pm.
We are looking for players who still consider themselves hardcore gamers who find that the server’s raid guilds and raid times don’t fit their schedule when having to deal with real life, and family commitments. We organize raids on set schedules (3 hours per night)and maximizing what we accomplish in a shorter window (6 hours per week) to allow more time for real life to happen. Thus we expect 100% attendance and 110% performance from our raiding core.
1. You must be willing to conduct yourself in a mature, honorable, and respectful fashion in dealings with other players, especially your guild mates.
2. When not raiding, we expect guild members to do whatever in the game they like to do. When it comes time to raid, we expect and demand things get serious.
3. Follow orders; if an Officer tells you to jump into a fiery pit of lava, jump into the fiery pit of lava. If this action causes a wipe, it is the Officer's or Raid Leader's fault for giving the order, not yours for disobeying it. This is not to say you cannot disagree with strategy and set forth suggestions, but strategy is discussed before and after Raids, not during. That time is focused on execution.
4. You must know your class and how it fits in a group.
5. Failure to respect the rules set forth in guild raids/groups can result in your removal from the group and possibly from the guild.
6. You must dedicate yourself to the advancement of guild goals. The good news is, here, you will have input to those goals as a member. Cognition is led by Ozymandius and he always listens to members thoughts before setting a direction.
7. While we enjoy having a good time, we expect players to treat raiding with us like a commitment.
8. Ideally Recruits should have experience with raiding and be working towards wearing near best-in-slot for their respective experience level. However, the guild is more concerned with your skill as a player than we are with your current gear level. Skill 10x > Gear.
If you sign up to a raid, you show up; period. Do not expect to be given priority over someone who can show more dedication.
We use loot council to distribute loot upgrades for main spec then off spec. All loot awarded to guild members will be tracked. The officers have the right to make sure loot gets distributed to all members.
For more specifics please see the "About Cognition" Post in the Public section at our website.
http://Cognition.guildlaunch.com (see the ‘Apply to Guild’ link on the right toolbar) - we will set up a time to meet with you on mumble or in game to talk about your application.
**Currently we are in High Need of Ranged DPS of all classes especially Mages, a couple melee spots, maybe 1 or 2 Healer positions, and possibly one OT spot.
As always exceptional players are always welcomed to apply and try out, who knows you may end up taking a spot away from one of our core raiders....If your good enough....
If you have any questions, contact any officer in game.
Guild Leader: Ozymandius
Officers: Senusret, Ghöti, Dommi, Mezzulmoxx, Imouthes
Edited by Imouthes on 11/12/2012 5:56 PM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.