Does Raid Finder give ANY loot anymore?

90 Troll Hunter
Since the new loot system in Dragonsoul, raid finder, I have gotten absolutely nothing except gold. On ANY character. ANY time I've run it. It's pretty ridiculous, to say the least.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or am I just insanely unlucky?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It does give out loot.

You are just being unlucky and not winning the rolls for it. No different than previously.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Before I'd generally one thing every twoish runs, on average. Which is pretty low winning averages. As it is I see no reason to even run it now, since I won't win anything. And if I DO win something, is it even going to be for my class? Am I going to end up with plate on a druid?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/21/2012 05:08 AMPosted by Vazula
Before I'd generally one thing every twoish runs, on average. Which is pretty low winning averages. As it is I see no reason to even run it now, since I won't win anything. And if I DO win something, is it even going to be for my class? Am I going to end up with plate on a druid?

Well, if you don't run it at all, you can be sure your luck won't change. It's not like Blizzard implements curses on your account to make sure you won't win anything, you just got unlucky. Very unlucky, but not unbelievably so. Even with WoW's diminished player base, *SOMEBODY* is going to have those 1 in a million chances happening to them. Just because it's been you so far doesn't mean it will continue to be you.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
Before I'd generally one thing every twoish runs, on average.

That's because you would roll need on everything that had a white pair of dice on it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

So you were lucky. I've had alts that went 5 weeks without seeing anything. Get over it.

And no, you won't end up with plate on a Druid. MoP LFRs will be able to recognize your spec.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/21/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Mnemonic

That's because you would roll need on everything that had a white pair of dice on it.

lol'ed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
on average
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I just... I can't.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I've actually gotten more than average since the update
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
RNG is _____.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/21/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Mnemonic

Haha, no, I didn't roll need on just anything, only if it was an upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/21/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Postonforums
I've actually gotten more than average since the update

That's interesting. I've been taking someone with me every time I go, and THEY have also won not a single thing since the patch.

I have noticed though, that Blizzard's idea of "random" in this game isn't really all that random. I've been leveling a new character, she's 75ish, and I've had the same 2 dungeons pop for me about 10 times each, even though I have about 10 different dungeons available to my character. I'm at a point where I'm considering just queueing specifically for all the ones I haven't done so I can do the stupid quests. I had guildies that were complaining about ONLY getting Stonecore in their random dungeon queues and very rarely getting anything else recently.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/21/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Vazula
I have noticed though, that Blizzard's idea of "random" in this game isn't really all that random. I've been leveling a new character, she's 75ish, and I've had the same 2 dungeons pop for me about 10 times each, even though I have about 10 different dungeons available to my character. I'm at a point where I'm considering just queueing specifically for all the ones I haven't done so I can do the stupid quests. I had guildies that were complaining about ONLY getting Stonecore in their random dungeon queues and very rarely getting anything else recently.

You're not realizing other factors.

LFD isn't truely random for a few reasons-
1, it'll try to make you do each intance roughly the same. This is really noticable if you do the troll heroics, because you'll almost always alternate

2- The more people drop, the more likely you are to get that instance because the tool has to fill the group. This is why you get stonecore/Grim batol more often, because they're the "hard" ones that no one likes. It was also really noticable with HoR in wotlk.

For leveling groups:
It will try really hard to give you the "best" instance for your level. That's why you tend to get the same 1-2 like 4-5 times in a row. You should (again, on average) get every single one atleast once, at some point. If you have really bad luck, i do recomend specific queueing for the quests.

Another factor is that you're much more likely to remember/notice a bad streak instead of a good one. It's human psychology.

in short: Those aren't entirely random. Loot is.
What is happening to you is you're doing the equivalent of flipping a coin 10+ times, getting heads, and assuming it always flips heads. It's rare, but not impossible. to get heads 10x in a row. it's even rarer to get it 100x, but possible. And rarer still to get it 100000000x in a row, but again. Possible.

"random is random"

If you'd like to read more, a good place to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandom_number_generator
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
09/21/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Vazula

Please, enlighten me on what your definition of random is.

(ps, at 75, you only have 2-3 dungeons available for random.... so getting them together would be normal)

Just because you don't understand how random works (in regards to loot, Arianity already explained random dungeons) doesn't make it less random.
Edited by Postonforums on 9/21/2012 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I got a Souldrinker I didn't need.

But hey, anyway, WTB Normal Morchok. Seriously. It's the only boss I'm missing. *cries*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
I have been getting more loot since patch, sadily mostly useless even on marginal characters and no teir tokens, But the numbers of drops is fine.

Mostly means means I am at 100% drop rate for leather shoulders and the wand on the respective alts.:(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't gotten anything since the loot changes.

I haven't run LFR since the loot changes, but still.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Hunter
I never won anything until loot changes

___ is ___
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]