Constant crashes on iOS 6

90 Human Warrior
Ever since I updated to iOS 6 the app keeps crashing less than a minute into it. I usually can do a few things, check guild news, switch characters, but it will invariable crash. Some parts of the app like the Events calendar and Browse Item will crash instantly always. I have tried removing all apps from the multitask bar, soft reset and hard reset of the phone with no success. Anyone else running into this? Any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm on an iPhone 4 if that makes any difference.
Edited by Kriegmeister on 9/21/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We are investigating these crashes.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Warlock
Having the same problem. I just upgraded my phone to iPhone 5 and it constantly crashes while checking the event calendar and occasionally is hung up trying to log in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Problem still there. After trying for a while I noticed that only certain sections would crash. Events crashes always. Browsing items crashes after going through a couple of pages, but it is consistent. The guild page and AH work fine, I spent over 10 min on the AH doing transactions and had no crashes there. I had the app also crash a few times when looking at Talents or Activity on my chars, but not always.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I am having the same problem with the app crashing, but it only seems to do it when I try to access the Events section. Everything else seems to be working fine, but when I use the events icon it loads for a minute and then crashes to the desktop. Thank for looking into this problem!
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
09/25/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Grungbiter
I am having the same problem with the app crashing, but it only seems to do it when I try to access the Events section. Everything else seems to be working fine, but when I use the events icon it loads for a minute and then crashes to the desktop. Thank for looking into this problem!

Yes, the Events module is the only one that is an outright crash every time. I believe the other potential crashes are related to memory, so if you spend some time loading new assets off the server over and over again, you'll likely encounter issues.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
I have had much the same trouble, Experiencing it while using the guild chat features most.
Usually this occurred when switching from whisper to the main guild chat.
Reply Quote
I am also getting these crashes. I would like to add specific crashes. checking in a whispers of someone who is now offline. Whispers disappearing after they have been posted but not cleared. 50% crash when clicking in a member to whisper them.

IOS6, iPhone 5
Reply Quote
I get constant crashes when I look up details on gear or items in the auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/27/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Sonicgott
I get constant crashes when I look up details on gear or items in the auction house.

I was just about to post the same. It seems to crash everytime I choose to see details for an item.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I too have had these same problems since upgrading to IOS6. The events calendar crashes every single time and I'm also having other random crashes as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I have noticed for the past few days that Events and looking at item details has been disabled. I assume this is a preventive measure while the crashes issue is resolved, correct? Any ETA for a fix? Thanks.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
10/02/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Kriegmeister
I have noticed for the past few days that Events and looking at item details has been disabled. I assume this is a preventive measure while the crashes issue is resolved, correct? Any ETA for a fix? Thanks.

Approval after submission to the App Store takes a week or more, so I cannot confirm when this will be available. Soonish.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]