Mists of Pandaria Midnight Activation Details

90 Troll Druid
09/21/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Ríckross
What about us with 25 dailies? Did you guys test that yet haha

SHHHHHHHHH don't let the cat out of the bag man....
Edited by Ardrhys on 9/21/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
Is there a way to tell if you already have the all the Mist of Pandaria data installed so you will know for sure if you will be ready for the midnight launch?
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Druid
They've never been able to do it cleanly while taking the servers down, I don't know why they are trying to sprint before they can crawl. I'll bet my life the servers are down at 12:10 PST.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
09/21/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Kanatah
They've never been able to do it cleanly while taking the servers down, I don't know why they are trying to sprint before they can crawl. I'll bet my life the servers are down at 12:10 PST.

The past two expansions have had few to no problems on release. Perhaps it's my server, but they are actually pretty good about it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Rename to MoP Launch Activation Details, certainly is not midnight for everyone :P (3 AM argggh)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/21/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Ríckross
What about us with 25 dailies? Did you guys test that yet haha

Yes. You'll have somewhat of a "soft cap" on quests. So if you're Quest Log is full at midnight, visiting Varian or Garrosh will still allow you to embark on the quest to Pandaria (though, before you do I'd suggested turning in all those dailies).

In other words, you won't miss receiving the quest if you have 25.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
And for those of us who have paid 25 dollars for a pre-emptive race change toward the Pandaren. If we have already paid for it, will we see the option to change immediately at the stroke of midnight after we log out, or log in? World first at the stroke of 12:00:01 Panda!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
OTC
What about dungeons ? They don't need to be discovered first like cataclysm right? Will they be available for queue immediately at midnight as well?

Will we be able to learn the new professions at midnight as well too ?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm super excited!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
OTC
09/21/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Kanatah

They never did it cleanly with taking the servers down because 5mil+ people are all trying to log in at once and they only have the 1 login server this way should be smoother because people will already be in game and they already have the phasing type technology in the game why is a phasing into an expansion any different?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Zarhym, pass on to the rest of the implementation teams my wish for their evening to be so without issue that they will stare in terror at the monitors for an hour or so, thinking "It's quiet. TOO QUIET."

And then go get some scotch. The good stuff, now. You all will have earned it.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
I'm out of town so I'm like the third to ask:

As long as we have the game fully patched up and "optimized" with digital editions, we're good to go at launch right (excluding server queues and whatnot)?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
What about a race change? If we buy one say around 10PM and then wait till after midnight will it let us pic Pandarian or do we have to buy it after MoP goes live?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can. Not. Wait.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Awesome I am so super duper excited... Can I has it now please?

We have a countdown going in my guild for it Hahahah
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Can't wait. Though I can't play on day 1. I'm getting the CE from Amazon with standard shipping. So it'll be a couple days after I guess. I guess I'll mess around with the pet battle stuff. I could make a Panda, but I want him to be a monk. I already have all the other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Let's pretend I bought a collector's edition from an online retailer like Amazon because I like boxes and mousepads....will there be any way for us to participate in the midnight launch!? :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]