Mists of Pandaria Midnight Activation Details

90 Human Warlock
Great too bad im working tuesday morning so wont be able to see this new tech in action.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
09/21/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Clutche
And for those of us who have paid 25 dollars for a pre-emptive race change toward the Pandaren. If we have already paid for it, will we see the option to change immediately at the stroke of midnight after we log out, or log in? World first at the stroke of 12:00:01 Panda!

Well two things with that. One is I'd imagine the request for transactions like that will be booked, so you'll end up waiting for a minimum of an hour. (My guess)

Two is after race changing you will be opted out of any possibility of Realm Firsts for 30 days. (Actually no race realm firsts anyway.)

But yeah, for bragging rights I would assume it would work the same way.

(Edit: Added 30 days)
Edited by Banished on 9/21/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter
so if I already paid for mop how do i know if its already installed or not? I know its kind of a noob question
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Awesome...now change it to Midnight EASTERN Time in the US and we can be friends again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Well two things with that. One is I'd imagine the request for transactions like that will be booked, so you'll end up waiting for a minimum of an hour. (My guess)

Two is after race changing you will be opted out of any possibility of Realm Firsts for 30 days. (Actually no race realm firsts anyway.)

The realm firsts is just whatever, icing on the cake. I'm more referring to if we paid for the race transfer, say now, and we sat on it until the launch time. We should get the option to go Pandaren immediately as same as the others get the option to go Monk and Pandaren, right? That's what I was trying to get at, poor wording on my part.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The time is nearly upon us as the mists begin to part and a new age of discovery amidst turmoil begins! For those of you prepared to begin your adventures the moment [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606351674"]Mists of Pandaria is launched in your region[/url], we’ve put together some important details that should get your expedition underway.

As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!

So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR 3 HOURS! NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY FOR LYING ABOUT IT FOR A WEEK+ ON YOUR ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT PAGE

Fixed for the East coast.
Edited by Resonance on 9/21/2012 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Just curious as to what date / time the start is for New Zealand players?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/21/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Aireous
On my server horde will get smashed!we will be punching horde teeth down there throte! in other words ally's will kick horde but on my server so hard u just might feel the pain on your horde server lol!

Really? That's awesome. Is Korgath Alliance dominated then? What's the time zone of that server?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter
09/21/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Pewpewlol
so if I already paid for mop how do i know if its already installed or not? I know its kind of a noob question

I never noticed it downloading in the background
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/21/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Zarhym
What about us with 25 dailies? Did you guys test that yet haha

Yes. You'll have somewhat of a "soft cap" on quests. So if you're Quest Log is full at midnight, visiting Varian or Garrosh will still allow you to embark on the quest to Pandaria (though, before you do I'd suggested turning in all those dailies).

In other words, you won't miss receiving the quest if you have 25.
does this also include sitting at a daily quest hub before release (not TB for ex.) and being able to turn them in at midnight with out any visit to SW/ORG first?
Reply Quote
84 Human Death Knight
The time is nearly upon us as the mists begin to part and a new age of discovery amidst turmoil begins! For those of you prepared to begin your adventures the moment [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606351674"]Mists of Pandaria is launched in your region[/url], we’ve put together some important details that should get your expedition underway.

As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!

So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR 3 HOURS! NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY FOR LYING ABOUT IT FOR A WEEK+ ON YOUR ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT PAGE

So people on the East Coast should get a 3 hour head start over the West Coast, where Blizzard's headquarters is stationed so it only makes sense that they're going by THEIR OWN time?

Get over yourself. Really.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I.... can't..... F#&%ING WAIT!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

So people on the East Coast should get a 3 hour head start over the West Coast, where Blizzard's headquarters is stationed so it only makes sense that they're going by THEIR OWN time?

Get over yourself. Really.

Learn to think critically. Really.

A midnight EST launch would mean the West coast could have played at 9pm on the 24th. Even if Blizzard were to launch EST servers at midnight EST, CST servers at midnight CST, etc. (hint: they didn't for previous midnight EST launches), nothing's stopping people from playing on a server outside of their time zone.
Reply Quote
92 Human Death Knight
So, just to be clear:

If we are currently with all patches, and have bought the digital license, there is currently nothing else to download on launch date (except perhaps a little update, maybe)? There's not a new download that should start for the MoP content once we've bought the digital upgrade and are current to the most recent patch?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/21/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Aralesh
What about a race change? If we buy one say around 10PM and then wait till after midnight will it let us pic Pandarian or do we have to buy it after MoP goes live?

I am also wondering exactly this. Can I buy the race change now and when 12am comes on Tuesday can I sit on the character select screen and it will then allow me to choose Pandaren?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
So no blue has touched on this or anyone else. If I bought a physical copy from Gamestop, am I able to come home and input a cd-key somewhere and do the midnight launch? Or will I have to install the cd's then go from there? I'd like to know that I have everything downloaded and ready. Then all I'd have to do is open the box and input a cd-key to gain access.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
So, just to be clear:

If we are currently with all patches, and have bought the digital license, there is currently nothing else to download on launch date (except perhaps a little update, maybe)? There's not a new download that should start for the MoP content once we've bought the digital upgrade and are current to the most recent patch?

Any answer to this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]