Mists of Pandaria Midnight Activation Details

100 Gnome Mage
I'd like to know if there are any known stores that will make Collectors Editions available for purchase before the expansion goes live. Ive purchased the last 2 CE's and id like to get Mists also. I had an issue with Cata CE discs not being readable and had to wait 8 hours to digitally download the game. If a digital download of the CE was available with the physical items being sent later that would be awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
09/21/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Socaliente
I'd like to know if there are any known stores that will make Collectors Editions available for purchase before the expansion goes live. Ive purchased the last 2 CE's and id like to get Mists also. I had an issue with Cata CE discs not being readable and had to wait 8 hours to digitally download the game. If a digital download of the CE was available with the physical items being sent later that would be awesome.

Edit, because I was wrong

09/21/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Zarhym
As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!

It looks like Blizzard is giving Digital Copies all the perks, while physical copies gotta wait to install and for their game stores to open.

As for the CE availabilty, you'll have to check your local game stores to see if they are doing a midnight release. As Blizzard has not offered any prePurchase codes through Gamestop or otherwise.
Edited by Jettia on 9/21/2012 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What about dungeons ? They don't need to be discovered first like cataclysm right? Will they be available for queue immediately at midnight as well?

Will we be able to learn the new professions at midnight as well too ?

I believe the dungeons do not, in deed, need to be discovered this time around. I think Blizzard decided that it was a silly choice, because, if I recall correctly, so many people refused to discover certain dungeons on alts (i.e. Grim Batol).

I'm also going to assume that we'll be able to access professions, too. :) I don't see why they wouldn't allow it, unless you haven't upgraded yet.

And I'm so excited! :D I can't wait.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I believe the dungeons do not,

Confirmed :3 still playing the Beta and enjoying it. Not having to discover dungeons is one less thing to worry about.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The past two expansions have had few to no problems on release. Perhaps it's my server, but they are actually pretty good about it.

Few to no problems?!?!? You musta slept through release day.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
09/21/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Makeout
So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

I think I can expand a bit on the blue post.

12:05 - Crash repeatedly while zoning into Pandaria on the quest ship
01:00 - Made it to Pandaria, get stuck on one of the unskippable storyline quests as 100s of others are trying to kill/gather the exact same things as you
02:00 World Server Down
03:00 Fall asleep on login screen

This....as usual.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
so does this mean that at midnight my time i can play or do i have to wait for midnight pacific time
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/21/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Zarhym
So, can i log out at 11:55pm (PDT of course) and sit at the character creation screen for 5 minutes for the Monk icon to "light up" and gets to creating right at 12:00? or will I need to log completely first?

Yes, if you sit at the login screen the buttons will become enabled in real time. You shouldn't need to logout of your account. :)

In before you guys fry a sever flipping a switch >.>

<.<

Doom! Doom and gloom!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
So my biggest question in regards to these details is in regards to Race and Faction Change. If I was to start a race or faction change now (pay for it and all, blah blah blah), would I then be able to change my character to a panderan on the 25th provided I had not finished my recreation even though I had payed for and had the change available prior to the 25th?

I know this is worded complicatedly. If I was to go purchase a race or faction change today, but did not go into the character to actually change it after it had gone through your system. Would I be able to change it to a panderan come the 25th even though I payed for it prior?
Edited by Iwasaki on 9/22/2012 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
just a quick question. You said midnight the game will open up, but is that still western time zone? Or will it open in stages, as i live in the eastern time zone? Will I be playing at midnight or 3am?
Reply Quote
23 Goblin Rogue
MIDNIGHT PST.

For Australians on BNE time this is 5pm on the 25th.
Reply Quote
97 Human Priest
Regarding Walmart - you may want to check at your local store, but there are some that are giving away posters at midnight for the launch. Perfect for folks who do want a box they can get at midnight, if you don't have someone else doing a release event near you. Or, even if you just want a poster :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I ordered the Digital Delux edition of Mists, so I was wondering did I have to do anything special to actually download the expansion?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
09/22/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Kasier
I ordered the Digital Delux edition of Mists, so I was wondering did I have to do anything special to actually download the expansion?

No, the digital deluxe items are stuff that you should have already received prior the launch in 5.0.4. Those items being the Imperial Quilen mount and companion, The starcraft 2 icon of a pandaren and lastly the mists of pandaria emblem on the diablo 3 flag.

You will be downloading the exact same game as the normal versions bu you only get those few perks with it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
So my biggest question in regards to these details is in regards to Race and Faction Change. If I was to start a race or faction change now (pay for it and all, blah blah blah), would I then be able to change my character to a panderan on the 25th provided I had not finished my recreation even though I had payed for and had the change available prior to the 25th?

I know this is worded complicatedly. If I was to go purchase a race or faction change today, but did not go into the character to actually change it after it had gone through your system. Would I be able to change it to a panderan come the 25th even though I payed for it prior?

From what you are asking im guessing that you are wanting to purchase the race/faction change and wait till the 25th to be able to do the race/faction change into a pandaren? If that is what you are asking then I guess that will work. From what blizzard detailed about the button lighting up then I guess it will work the same for faction/race change.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Alright, thank you very much.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I can activate the trial day 10 of expansion, while hopefully get my collectors edition?
If yes, when the knob of the 10 day trial will be released?
If it's only midnight, can I activate the 10 days and play normally without relog my account?
Reply Quote
For the digital download.... when will the data actually be downloaded? My download, atm, still says 0%. I did digital for Cata and I am pretty sure it was fully downloaded prior to 3 days before the launch.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman

Actually... there are not any forced accept quests in the beginning zones. All of them require you to initiate contact with the quest giver.

Since there are people who intentionally level characters without completing quests, this is a real problem.

....I'm assuming then that none of these people went to deepholm, or vashjir during Cata then.

But seriously, wtf is so hard about "then don't do the quest." No one from blizzard is going to come out and hold a gun to your head for abandoning a quest or letting it sit in your log.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Actually... there are not any forced accept quests in the beginning zones. All of them require you to initiate contact with the quest giver.

Since there are people who intentionally level characters without completing quests, this is a real problem.

....I'm assuming then that none of these people went to deepholm, or vashjir during Cata then.

But seriously, wtf is so hard about "then don't do the quest." No one from blizzard is going to come out and hold a gun to your head for abandoning a quest or letting it sit in your log.

Blizzard doesn't have anything to do with self-imposed challenges, but by the rules that people set for themselves even picking up a single quest is a failed challenge. It's a challenge, so no one expects it to be easy - but blocking an entire expansion continent is quite different from blocking two specific zones, and making it so even dinging level 85 fails the challenge is even worse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]