Mists of Pandaria Midnight Activation Details

90 Undead Warlock
I do not PVP, I can only imagine the bones on those realms
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Zarhym if you had a body, Id want it, but alas, your just a skull...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
So we keep all of our current Honor and JP up to 4k?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
09/22/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Jestalker
So we keep all of our current Honor and JP up to 4k?

correct
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
*deleted by Galana
Edited by Galana on 9/22/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
LET THE ALLIANCE SLAYING COMMENCE !!!!

NOT ON MY WATCH IT WON'T!!!!!!
Edited by Nerigal on 9/22/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
09/21/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Vester
So, can i log out at 11:55pm (PDT of course) and sit at the character creation screen for 5 minutes for the Monk icon to "light up" and gets to creating right at 12:00? or will I need to log completely first?

from the sounds of it, you dont even need to log out :D

sadly for me i have to wait to 3am EST and i have a calc test on the 25th... so i guess i wont be staying up for 'midnight launch'
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
You blizzard peeps are such a bad influence on us college kids :D
Is it 12 for everyone in U.S.? or will it be 12 in caly only? and the equivalent of that time for everyone else? (3 est..2 central...)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
The time is nearly upon us as the mists begin to part and a new age of discovery amidst turmoil begins! For those of you prepared to begin your adventures the moment [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606351674"]Mists of Pandaria is launched in your region[/url], we’ve put together some important details that should get your expedition underway.

As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!

So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

• A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.
  • Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full -- or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.
  • Level-85 players will notice their experience bars automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.
  • Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don’t have a Mists of Pandaria license, [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6994738"]as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft[/url].)
  • Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.

We’ve been very hard at work on this new technology with the goal of ensuring that players can enjoy a more stable and seamless transition into the next expansion than ever before. Our staff will be monitoring realm stability and gameplay issues around the clock, as we want to provide you with the best experience possible.

We’ll see you on Pandaria!

So east coast people have to wait until 3am eh? ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/22/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Morenn
For the digital download.... when will the data actually be downloaded? My download, atm, still says 0%. I did digital for Cata and I am pretty sure it was fully downloaded prior to 3 days before the launch.

Wondering the same... I am out of town, getting home about 4 hours before release. I can remote into my computer at home to get the download rolling... but there doesn't appear to be anyway to initiate it, control it, etc....

In fact, I don't see any 0% anywhere either....
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Wondering the same... I am out of town, getting home about 4 hours before release. I can remote into my computer at home to get the download rolling... but there doesn't appear to be anyway to initiate it, control it, etc....

In fact, I don't see any 0% anywhere either....

When did you buy the Digital Edition? Whenever you bought it and last logged into WoW using the launcher you should have automatically started the download for it and do not have to do anything but wait for them to flip the switch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I bought it a day or two ago... I logged in today for about 20 min or so. I've actually been playing on another system too... and seen nothing there either.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
It's a background download you probably won't see it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/22/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Dawnsky

hmmm.... with patches, you see evidence of the background downloader... or at least used to...
Reply Quote
Aww man I can't wait.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
So just to get this straight, we won't have to log out and back in for all the new toys to work?!?!?! Like really really, not just saying it and we're gonna /rage when we have to relog for it all to work? I'm more excited about this then what the actual add on will bring....
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
09/22/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Ivanhoaf

hmmm.... with patches, you see evidence of the background downloader... or at least used to...

If you are really nervous about it just play WoW for about 2 hours minimum and if anything it should have fully downloaded and installed by that time. Because the servers aren't getting shut down for launch so you shouldn't have to install it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
TIME TO GO HARD IN THE PAINT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]