Mists of Pandaria Midnight Activation Details

90 Undead Priest
PvP balance gogogo
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Will you be able to grant levels to new monks? i feel like this would ruin the experience for players going for realms 1st lvl 90 monk?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/21/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Ganrokh
Any information about the usual Tuesday maintenance? Will the servers still be scheduled to go down, or will they only go down should you guys need to fix something?

I agree, anyone know anything or could we get a response as to whether there will be Tuesday maintenance? I'm hoping not, but I can definitely see maintenance occurring.

Edit:
09/23/2012 03:47 AMPosted by Pistashio
Will you be able to grant levels to new monks? i feel like this would ruin the experience for players going for realms 1st lvl 90 monk?

I'm pretty sure a blue said before that you would be able to grant pandas (and monks) up to 80 or whatever the limit is. I don't have the source on hand though.
Edited by Shulgoth on 9/23/2012 4:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Any ideas when are we getting the MoP data?

i don't believe for a second that the 19.0 Gb's that we have now includes the MoP data/zones...

in fact i wonder if this is a nasty tactic or ploy to make us download the data at midnight on the 25th....just to slow everything down.....

From what i remember CATA was a real disaster at launch with 100's of people in the starting zones and im starting to think they'll make everyone download a HUGE patch at midnight, and with everyone having different internet speeds it will make the game run smoothly with people installing at patch/logging in at different times

What do you guys and gals think? (Sneaky, but effective)
Edited by Wesleyrpg on 9/23/2012 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Yes!!! Monday and Tuesday are my days off this week!! So I think I won't sleep on Monday.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
I am fully patched up and have already updated my account to Mists - how big is the download that must now still be done in the background before I will be able to play when it goes live?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/21/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Razdaz
so i have a question maybe you guys can help, I have prepurchased MoP and am up to date with the latest patch. Do I need to install or predownoad any content to be able to play on release night? Or was all of that predownload on the last patch and is just locked at the moment. I just dont wanna log on release night and find out I got 15 gigs to download or something lol

So i just read through the entire thread - i see this question asked several times and have the same question myself.

I'm pretty sure I've got it all, but really REALLY do not want to be disappointed Monday night!!!

Can we get a Blue Post response please?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Is there no download needed for MoP?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/23/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Wesleyrpg
i don't believe for a second that the 19.0 Gb's that we have now includes the MoP data/zones...

If you have pre-purchased Mists online, and played recently YOU HAVE IT DOWNLOADED.

It is the 19 GB. Blizzard did a reformatting that we had to sit through about a month ago, took maybe an hour long? That was mostly to get files merged for the expansion and save space.

I'm just popping in here to confirm that the background download for Mists of Pandaria content has begun.

It's like September 25 is getting closer every day... (!)

:D

^--- Blue Post by Zarhym.
Edited by Dawnsky on 9/23/2012 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
09/21/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Makeout
So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

I think I can expand a bit on the blue post.

12:05 - Crash repeatedly while zoning into Pandaria on the quest ship
01:00 - Made it to Pandaria, get stuck on one of the unskippable storyline quests as 100s of others are trying to kill/gather the exact same things as you
02:00 World Server Down
03:00 Fall asleep on login screen

i don't remember any of that during cata launch once i got past the login queue....maybe you are thinking of other xpacs
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
09/23/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Tunie
so i have a question maybe you guys can help, I have prepurchased MoP and am up to date with the latest patch. Do I need to install or predownoad any content to be able to play on release night? Or was all of that predownload on the last patch and is just locked at the moment. I just dont wanna log on release night and find out I got 15 gigs to download or something lol

So i just read through the entire thread - i see this question asked several times and have the same question myself.

I'm pretty sure I've got it all, but really REALLY do not want to be disappointed Monday night!!!

Can we get a Blue Post response please?

what they say is worded very carefully

As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access.

they are specifically saying: we assume you have logged in since 5.0.5/5.0.4 and have gone through the file reshuffle and have a majority of the 5.0.5 client downloaded and ready to go...if you do not you will have to patch, if you've been playing since those patches you should be fine(not everyone will be fine, we are dealing with computers and the internet, but the vast majority should)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I pre-purchased the 39.99 standard version of MOP...will I be able to play when its released at 12 PDT? I am getting no other kind of download which kind of makes me wonder if everything will be ready for 12. It says on the account page that it when i open wow it will download in the background which I didnt see.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/23/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Methodx
I pre-purchased the 39.99 standard version of MOP...will I be able to play when its released at 12 PDT?

This question has been answered a hundred times, read the thread please.
Reply Quote
27 Human Warlock
09/21/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Xeloda
The Jade Forest is going to be MADNESS! I can't wait! :D

LET THE ALLIANCE SLAYING COMMENCE !!!!

:D

you needto pvp with honor and not attack every one you see because it is rude if you are attacked then fight back but if an alliance is not attacking you then don't do anything.

i was in a temple and a hoard and i teamed up to take down the boss and together we took the boss down in no time at all. so yes alliance and hoard can team up from time to time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Can you prepurchase a race change and sit on it for midnight/3am?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/23/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Zikx
Can you prepurchase a race change and sit on it for midnight/3am?

Most likely, it worked with Cataclysm though a Blue's insight on this would be nice general information.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
omg this is gonna be so epicly aweasome lol
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
09/21/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Safari
I have a question regarding time zones. I am on a PDT server but I live in EDT timezone. Am i going to have to wait until 3am to play?

Yes. Just like when you look at your watch now and it says 3:33 p.m., it says 12:33 p.m. on your server clock.

Or it did before CRZ. Now I am not sure what the time it says means and whether it affects daily resets or not. I preferred when the server time was the actual time on my server rather than the server time of whatever zone I have been sent to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Would of been nice to get a prePurchase code of some sort to get to play the new expansion when the clock strikes midnight.

That is why you buy the digital copy.

I don't really understand people buying the physical one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]