So druids can vanish everyone 30 sec?

(Locked)

70 Troll Druid
Isn't it just a matter of keeping a bleed up? Breaks the prowl on the first tick. It's why so many druids keep calling this talent trash.
85 Gnome Priest
having gotten to play with displacer beast (the 30s blink/vanish) I'll say it's not as useless as the forums seem to imply but the vanish aspect of it is pretty horrendous. It doesn't drop combat/aggro (le sigh to pve uses) and there is no stealth protection so it breaks upon any damage. the only real redeeming factor about it is it drops targets which in unorganized pvp is enough to make a lot of people give up and find someone else.

wild charge is significantly better in a far more circumstances so pretty much no one but restos find displacer beast useful.

Now, what would happen if say a bunch of druids could run with a disc priest to provide bubbles to not let stealth be insta broken.... bwhahahahaha >:))
90 Gnome Rogue
ppl need to stop complaining...!@#$in healers are vanishing...vanish protection...ur crazy. tbfh
100 Troll Rogue
Its like vanilla's vanish with 1/6 the cooldown.

Wonder if displacer immuning will become a thing.
90 Tauren Druid
Displacer Beast is garbo when compared to Wild Charge for all specs shy of Resto. The core ability to put us in stealth is not what people are going after when they elect to take this talent. The ability to drop out of a pending CC and to drop target is typically enough time for them to squeeze in enough healing to make a difference.

You won't see any Feral / Boomers taking this talent, if you do, just focus them down as they have probably made other glaring mistakes in their gearing/spec'n. : )
100 Undead Rogue
Rogues are a thing of the past. We're being replaced with Druids and Monks.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/14/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Redfang
Wonder if displacer immuning will become a thing.

Jeeze, I didn't even think about that! Though, it probably works just like Vanish right now. Except without the 3s of grace. o.o
90 Orc Rogue
Any dot or bleed immediately takes them out of stealth. It's great as a get away mechanic, but not really anything outlandish. Will mostly be taken by Resto.
100 Goblin Rogue
Whats worst is how i sidelined my rogue for my druid to bg with atm, and its so much more fun. The really OP ability once more druid learn to use it is Wild Charge. In human form you can charge or even fly to any friendly target every 30 secs.

I use this in WSG when I'm holding the flag. And even though I only have 131k health I can survive for a long time cuz no one can get to me. I put a mushroom on the edge of the roof, and when their Offense comes I just jump down to flag room wait for them to all follow then just fly back up to the roof with my wild charge.

Gonna enjoy it as long as I can probably will get nerfed but, I wish they gave us rogues a fun toy to play with. I wish our vanish made our decoy at least run in a different direction. At least that would be funny. Our decoy casting cloak and just running the opposite direction then we are running and vanishing again right before it ends.
85 Night Elf Druid
Personally I think it's fair, having a full cata rogue and all as well..

I just got done getting 3 shot by a rogue in a bg (legendarys, garrote 3x ambush dead).

Honestly, 2 good dps can take out a healer still. Especially with mages being able to hit constant 40ks and rogues doing that with evis as well, plus or minus other classes doing around that kind of damage.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/13/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Macstabby
0.5 seconds after I vanished hunter drops flare and im instantly brought out of the vanish...forget stealth.

So the hunter shouldn't be rewarded for playing well and having fast reflexes?
100 Night Elf Mage
I have a druid character, and I would never pick up this talent, even in PVP because feral charge is just better.
90 Human Rogue
Just an FYI if you didn't know, Expertise is bugged atm at least for rogues. I have 8.5% expertise which the game tells me gives my special abilites a 0% change of getting dodged or parried. After quite a few duels with warriors and pallys i can tell you that its false. I constantly have kidney shots parried and dodged.

It is a bug but dont expect it to be fixed before mop.

Vanish is also occasionally buggy but its much less of a issue then melee characters parrying and dodged key abilities that the game is telling me they shouldnt be able to do.
100 Human Rogue
Just an FYI if you didn't know, Expertise is bugged atm at least for rogues. I have 8.5% expertise which the game tells me gives my special abilites a 0% change of getting dodged or parried. After quite a few duels with warriors and pallys i can tell you that its false. I constantly have kidney shots parried and dodged.

It is a bug but dont expect it to be fixed before mop.

Vanish is also occasionally buggy but its much less of a issue then melee characters parrying and dodged key abilities that the game is telling me they shouldnt be able to do.

Players can have higher dodge and parry than the generic pve mob levels on the tooltips. You will need to account for that with higher expertise or, you know...attack from behind. :P
100 Night Elf Druid
Displacer Beast is actually really bad, because it doesn't drop DoT's, so its useless against say.. EVERY CLASS IN THE GAME.

If you don't put DoT's up on a druid that is just bad gameplay.
91 Undead Rogue
Anyone else notive that the typo in the title implies that they can vanish other people? I wish I could Vanish my whole group every thirty seconds.
100 Troll Rogue
Displacer Beast is actually really bad, because it doesn't drop DoT's, so its useless against say.. EVERY CLASS IN THE GAME.

If you don't put DoT's up on a druid that is just bad gameplay.

You know vanish used to have a 5 minute cooldown and didn't have a 3 second immunity. We also didn't have cloak at one point with that.

Its still a good ability, just not as good as the other choices for non restos.
Edited by Redfang on 9/14/2012 4:56 PM PDT
85 Dwarf Rogue
09/14/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Morthra

Isn't a 30 sec CD blink still kind of handy?
Edited by Rulf on 9/14/2012 4:54 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
09/14/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Kiljagen
Anyone else notive that the typo in the title

notive

typo
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]