WoW Losing Its Social Aspect

90 Tauren Druid
What have I become My sweetest friend Everyone I know goes away In the end

Nice Random NIN comment. ^^
Edited by Moomen on 9/13/2012 9:08 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
09/13/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Doomthulsa
Your arguments reek of nostalgia, I'm sorry.

No.

09/13/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Doomthulsa
And finally, how could bad players get better if no body grouped with them??? How did tanks or healers become better if they we're unable to escape the black list.

By experience you learn from your mistakes, if you didn't learn the game when you had some mistakes is your fault if you continue to play badly and refusing to learn there is nothing that other players can do about it, also you could find a lot of guides and fansites to check and fix your mistakes, if they were on a black list of some guild they were there for a reason (bad or good, whatever), if he was know by all the community in the server there is a reason for it, anyways they always ended with groups because of server population, even if they were blacklisted by popular guilds you can't control the entire server population on the server.
90 Gnome Priest
09/13/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Mishotem
They either got better or they didn't. That was then. Now, they don't NEED to get better. That's kind of my point - there's no penalty for being a bad player now.

I've seen plenty of players get kicked from randoms for sucking. Granted, they could just queue up for another one, but it seems likely that if they don't improve, they'll just get kicked from the next one, too.

It's not like blacklisting was a perfect bad deterrent, either. Not everyone got the news of who was terrible or a ninja(especially when the capital chats were separate), and not everyone kept track of them either(I certainly never did).
85 Night Elf Druid
Ok since a vanilla server isn't possible and causes everyone to get their panties in a bunch. How about a server with no cross realm anything?
90 Worgen Priest
09/13/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Celessi
This is why group quests used to be in the game, this is why world bosses existed... The intention was never to try to keep some servers at a low population so that people can play without being around a bunch of other people. Those server populations were just because new people stopped coming to the game and getting put on those servers as the recommended server.

IMO the game has gotten much better since the removal of group quests. Neither intention nor design means that it is optimal for all....there are many that are happy not being around crowds. They have the capability to allow the socialites to be social while the lone wolves can do their think....forcing CRZ down our throats is the wrong way but leave it to someone thick skulled to have the determining vote on whether to implement it or not.

IF THEY DO AN OPT OUT THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY!!!! I don't know what you people don't see about that. Separate zone instance for the CRZ from the normal host and it is done....no problems....it is not a matter of "it has to be this way or that"....that's a load of bs....let the grey matter do some work and quit being such a damn drone.
90 Orc Hunter

Once the social aspects are removed from an MMO, then what's the point of playing it? Why not just pick up a good single-player game that doesn't require connecting to the internet?

The social aspects aren't removed, you're just asking to have them spoon-fed to you.

Um... PvP is no longer social. If I go into a BG, there isn't a single person there that I will ever see again.

Instances are no longer social. I'll never see any of those people again, either.

Now, questing in zones is no longer as social as it was. There are still people from my server, but there are also quite a few bodies that I'll never see again.

I'm not asking to have social opportunities spoon-fed to me. I'm asking for the few remaining social opportunities not to be removed. I'd love to see all cross-server removed completely, TBH. I wonder, how much has cross-realm contributed to the growth of WoW slowing down and then reversing--going down to 9 million players from a high of 12 million is pretty significant.
90 Orc Hunter
09/13/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Mareau
They either got better or they didn't. That was then. Now, they don't NEED to get better. That's kind of my point - there's no penalty for being a bad player now.

I've seen plenty of players get kicked from randoms for sucking. Granted, they could just queue up for another one, but it seems likely that if they don't improve, they'll just get kicked from the next one, too.

It's not like blacklisting was a perfect bad deterrent, either. Not everyone got the news of who was terrible or a ninja(especially when the capital chats were separate), and not everyone kept track of them either(I certainly never did).

On our server, people were called out on the forums. I've seen more than one person leave the server after they ninjaed something. And, whenever we were forming groups and someone would want an invite, we'd ask if anyone knew anything about that person before tossing them an invite. Blacklisting actually did work.
75 Night Elf Death Knight
Which that is fine in non MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAMES....... thats cool for a game like skyrim..however this isnt skyrim so dont expect single player.

Play the game how you wish (the game by it's nature pushes everyone into the MMO aspect anyway with dungeons, raids and PvP). However, you cannot force friendships nor can you (or should you) dictate to other players who they can and can't mingle with.

If we don't wish to befriend others or become social butterflies, then that is up to us, not you, to decide.

Moreover, I can almost guarantee you that if Blizzard removed the features that facilitate easy queues then there would be a lot of grief about cliques and simple disagreements, miscommunications or misunderstandings between players can cost players their reputation (in many, but not all, cases, unfairly so) and would ultimately lead to more players leaving the game because they don't stand a chance, because they don't fit into or are not welcomed into cliques, and elites would have a ball deliberately berating and excluding "bads" (i.e. new or inexperienced players or even slow learners).
90 Human Priest
I have never posted before, but i have come to relize some of the thing that are being posted and wanted to ask/say/request, i miss where you needed 40 people back in the day that you had to count on you have to work together, will there ever be set up or raid that requirs 40 people. real strat? all this new stuff is fun, kinda. but the challenge is really gone. I can go at a new boss i have never seen before ask the raid master break it down for me old style. where he would reply 1st part is from this boss this time 2nd phase is from this boss alittle twist they added this, 3rd phase is this burn burn boss dead yay!! Now i am only one voice and dont expect to be heard, but i have been playing since beta and I want to work with others to acheve some things that casual players cant get. cata over all rather let me down some aspects where fun, but thats it. good hunting to all.

P.S. I know i cant spell and my grammer is not the best this is why i like vent/skype.
90 Night Elf Druid
09/13/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Gannon
IF THEY DO AN OPT OUT THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY!!!!

Blackhand is the host server.

You walk into a zone while opted out.

What happens?

An opt out just can't work.
90 Blood Elf Mage
The WoW community certainly isn't what it used to be. I've played this game for six years and I've noticed a steady increase of trolls and general a$$holes.
90 Gnome Priest
09/13/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Palvarosa
On our server, people were called out on the forums. I've seen more than one person leave the server after they ninjaed something. And, whenever we were forming groups and someone would want an invite, we'd ask if anyone knew anything about that person before tossing them an invite. Blacklisting actually did work.

Oh, I'm not saying it didn't work. It just wasn't an absolute troll/ninja stopper. Not every realm was that dedicated.

09/13/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Dabishop
Well, it's only been up for, what, two weeks? Three? If there is any slowing down, CRZ hasn't created it.

Pretty sure he's referring to dungeon randoms and how it combines people from differing realms.
90 Worgen Priest
IF THEY DO AN OPT OUT THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY!!!!

Blackhand is the host server.

You walk into a zone while opted out.

What happens?

An opt out just can't work.

Are you dense? Did you not read my post? No wonder people ignored you on the CRZ thread....you are incompetent of understanding or a troll....either way, I'm following suit and adding you to my ignore list.

SHOULD I HAVE PUT WHAT YOU MISSED IN CAPS AS WELL TO IDIOT PROOF IT?

You are the reason I choose to not deal with people. I need someone intelligent and not ignorant in order to carry on decent conversation.
Edited by Gannon on 9/13/2012 9:37 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Wow Can be as social or as not as you want it to be ingame.
90 Gnome Priest
09/13/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Epaxea
Moreover, I can almost guarantee you that if Blizzard removed the features that facilitate easy queues then there would be a lot of grief about cliques and simple disagreements, miscommunications or misunderstandings between players can cost players their reputation (in many, but not all, cases, unfairly so) and would ultimately lead to more players leaving the game because they don't stand a chance, because they don't fit into or are not welcomed into cliques, and elites would have a ball deliberately berating and excluding "bads" (i.e. new or inexperienced players or even slow learners).

Oh yeah, that is true. That kind of thing happened a lot in Vanilla, and considering how much the elitists appear to have been stewing throughout Cata, they'd jump at the chance to pull that kind of stuff.

09/13/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Vodoo
everyones in vent back in the day there was guild chat

Most people back in the day used Vent, or something similar.
Edited by Mareau on 9/13/2012 9:34 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]