Rets and RBGs

90 Human Hunter
Hello Paladins! I was just wondering what your thoughts were on Rets and their viability in RBGs next expansion. I absolutely hated having to switch to Holy for RBGs and was wondering if you guys think this will change in the next expansion? Will pallies still be limited to Holy to get into a decent RBG group? I'd like to hear from you!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Nothing has changed. We are still not wanted. What class would we replace?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Agreed, only class we're better than is probably enhance shaman and when have you seen one of them in a highish rated rbg lols. I'm guessing frost/unholy dks are gonna be the only melee dps with a good chance of getting in (unholy cuz they buffed disease dmg a lot)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
We'll be fine, please dont listen to the naysayers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

What are you basing this off of?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

A consistently high ranked PVP Ret paladin who says we'll be fine (Lobster)

Talking constantly 2400+ rating.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 9/14/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

A consistently high ranked PVP Ret paladin who says we'll be fine (Lobster)

Talking constantly 2400+ rating.

Arena or RBG's?

Because based on our new talents compared to that of the cookie-cutter melee classes (DK's and Rogues) I'd say we'll be left to fend for ourselves in non-traditional comps in RBG's.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
What a clown. Rets are not wanted in any RBG over 1800.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Ishkandir

Just becuase you have a couple of RET doing 2200+ doesnt mean they are viable or that it's a trend. Try to get into a 2200 RBG as a ret and see how easy that is
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Agin, all you do is whine, maybe its not Rets in the plural sense that arent wanted in RBGS.

Arena or RBG's?

Because based on our new talents compared to that of the cookie-cutter melee classes (DK's and Rogues) I'd say we'll be left to fend for ourselves in non-traditional comps in RBG's.

Honestly, how can you automaticaly assume either way? PVP at 90 in the new season hasnt happened yet. And you cant base it off of 85 currently, PVP isnt balanced for 85 right now.

At least wait till 90 to complain right now.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 9/14/2012 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Agin, all you do is whine, maybe its not Rets in the plural sense that arent wanted in RBGS.

Arena or RBG's?

Honestly, how can you automaticaly assume either way? PVP at 90 in the new season hasnt happened yet. And you cant base it off of 85 currently, PVP isnt balanced for 85 right now.

At least wait till 90 to complain right now.

So we're not allowed to speculate about the new changes and how they affect our place in PvP?

It's clear you're just regurgitating what Lobster said, so I suppose I'm better off trying to pick his brain.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Any spec in this game is viable in any part of this game.
Edited by Kreayshawn on 9/14/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Ishkandir
So we're not allowed to speculate about the new changes and how they affect our place in PvP?

Speculate all you want, but there were those who were just flat out whining based on nothing.

09/14/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Ishkandir
It's clear you're just regurgitating what Lobster said, so I suppose I'm better off trying to pick his brain.

You would be, I dont PVP anymore, but I'd take his word over others.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
you're viable if you're good....what do you people not understand?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Kelzar
Total BS. Rets dont even get the chance to prove themselves because of the limitations of the spec and the fact that other classes do what we do better.

The ultimate proof is when was the last time you saw anyone ask for a RET for RBGs in trade chat? NEVER.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Agincourt
Total BS. Rets dont even get the chance to prove themselves because of the limitations of the spec and the fact that other classes do what we do better.

The ultimate proof is when was the last time you saw anyone ask for a RET for RBGs in trade chat? NEVER.

You'd have us at that...if it weren't for the fact that RBGs for the lvl 90 tier haven't started yet.

It's a whole new expansion. Time to see what you can do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]