Recount does not show up on my interface

After 5.0.4, Recount does not show up on my interface. i use wowmatrix to uninstall and reinstall it and it does not help at all. i will be very appreciate if anyone can help me out with this. Thanks

P.S. im running wow on Mac
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Show full file path to the toc file inside the recount folder.
Reply Quote
uhmm...how to do that
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
09/14/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Doglus
uhmm...how to do that

Browse to the Recount.toc file and then copy/paste the address shown in the address bar.

Chances are you've got it in the wrong folder, Unkle has a good FAQ that covers the common installation mistakes:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536706542

By the way, WoW Matrix isn't the best place to get your AddOns from. Most authors don't update them there and it's engaged in some less than honest behaviour in the past.

Curse and WoW Interface are both official Blizzard fan sites and I'd say most authors host their AddOns on at least one of them (if they decide to publish their AddOns at all).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Unfortunately mac went retarded with lion and for some reason didn't include an address bar that you can copy/paste in finder so use this:
http://hsoienterprises.com/software/hsoicontextualservices/
then find the toc file in the recount folder, right or control click it and menu will pop up. Choose services->file path to clip and paste it here.
Edited by Sedivy on 9/15/2012 6:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Rogue
Completely uninstall it and then reinstall it using Curse Client, which is free. Also, if it's out of date make sure to check the "load out of date add-ons" box before logging into your character.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Hunter
rereading the original post, it does not SHOW. which i assume means it's not showing up in game. He didn't say it does not LOAD.

/recount resetpos
/recount show
Edited by Anorexik on 9/15/2012 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Alas, I'm now having the same problem on my Mac. Uninstalled and reinstalled Recount using Curse Client, with no success. When I try to "/recount show", it acts like it doesn't even know that Recount is there. I'm loading out-of-date add ons (thanks, Patch 5.2), but the problem has not resolved. Any other ideas out there?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Same as above. If you go to character select screen and click on addon button and you don't see recount listed, then you did not unzip/install it correctly.
If you see it listed, and you see it checked for the toon you selected, and in game you see it loaded but can't get it to show, try updating with latest version:
http://www.wowace.com/addons/recount/files/
If that doesn't help either, shut down wow, go to your WTF, find in subfolders any files with recount in the name (there should be multiple so check all folders). Delete them. Restart wow.
If that doesn't fix it either, report to author and find another meter in the meantime.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Alas, I'm now having the same problem on my Mac. Uninstalled and reinstalled Recount using Curse Client, with no success. When I try to "/recount show", it acts like it doesn't even know that Recount is there. I'm loading out-of-date add ons (thanks, Patch 5.2), but the problem has not resolved. Any other ideas out there?

Does it show in the character selection screen AddOn menu? If not, have you checked that it's in the right directory according to Unkle's FAQ?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
It does show in the character selection screen, and is selectable. It shows that it's out-of-date due to the recent patch, but I have clicked the box to load out-of-date add-ons. No dice.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Try enable Lua errors from the Interface > Help menu. If you get any relating to Recount, report them here:
http://www.wowace.com/addons/recount/tickets/
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
So far, no success with Wowace. Looking back through their Recount tickets, it seems no one has offered any support for several months, and that a lot of people have experienced similar issues due to the 5.1 patch. Anyone else here have any opinions?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Try one of the alternatives. Like Skada. Or TinyDPS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Instead or curse use WowMatrix. Also free, cleaner and seems to be more MAC friendly. I could never get curse to work on my MAC. Secondly, I have a similar problem. The backslash commands listed above do not work for me either. Recount worked fine for me yesterday (1st day I had it). Today it does not show up in game. how do you get it to re-load? All of my other addons are working fine.

Happy Hunting,
Deyanira
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
May have saved this mystery. Do you use dbm? Apparently if you run it, recount will not work.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
WoWmatrix is a terrible, terrible program to use for updating. In the past WoWMatrix edited addons, and used "deep linking" to leech bandwidth from other addon hosting sites.

Far, far, far better is to learn how to update or install AddOns manually which I cover in great detail in the FAQ. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536706542

Also note that the original post is from September 2012, which means that by now the original poster is almost certainly not following this thread.
Edited by Unkle on 4/18/2013 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I just had this same problem the idea from Deyanira ..worked for me ...turn off DBM....do /recount show....place you recount window were you want it...then load up DBM ...just did that and I have both DBM and my recount window open now...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
go to "interface" and select addon tab. Select recount. Click "toggle" under window options. u might not see it behind the window but that toggles the recount screen on and off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]