Monday (9/17)

90 Dwarf Death Knight
Wooo! Who's prepared to destroy Theramore later today?

It's Monday, September 17th, 2012. And we're 7 days away!!!

So... this... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412423849

Theramore's Fall, the first of many Scenarios coming to World of Warcraft, is a story-changing event that will be available to level-85 characters for one week only -- the week leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.

For the duration of the week of September 17-24, level-85 characters will be able to queue up for and participate in the Alliance and Horde versions of this new Scenario with two friends. (Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

After the lifting of the mists, Theramore's Fall will join all other Scenarios as level-90-only content, and everyone -- including players who missed it at level 85 -- will be able to play through the event. Upon completing the Scenario for the first time, players will see the aftermath of the battle whenever visiting Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh. Theramore will eventually be changed permanently to its post-battle state in a future patch, sometime after the launch of Mists of Pandaria, whether or not players have completed the Scenario.

We’ll see you there!

They apparently moved up the Fall of Theramore scenario by one day. Which is awesome. Absolutely awesome. Better than awesome! THIS IS BLOODY TERRIFIC! I've been so BORED!!!

So...

[IG] So, I started my weekend off well enough. I decided to throw myself into OpenRaid and managed to join a H DS group to get some achievements. And WOW did that group make H DS look easy (even though H DS is much easier now because of the 35% debuff to everything in it...). Though we were unable to kill H Madness (7% wipe FFFFFFFFFFFF-) I still managed to get the meta achievement.

[RL] Ugh... been falling behind in my project for my class. Thankfully I have all semester for it.

So...

How are y'all doin' today?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It is nice that we get Theramore today, but the next two weeks is going to be horrible for me. Between intern season, hiring a ton of new staff and a major system upgrade of a product that doesn't work correctly but we're plowing ahead with it and it's me and my teams job to make it work, well yeah, not going to be much fun :(

hopefully I can take a few extra days off in October sometime. I've got Halloween week already scheduled off, but that just seems like an eternity away.

Not sure if I'm going to attempt to take all my 85's through the destruction of Theramore, most of them are just barely at 353 or right under it. I'll go through with Iki and see what it's like first though.

So, anyone up for Italian spiced plum pie and croissants?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
So we get to participate in the big battle. Sounds fun. Still not sure if I want to take Sarah, Feral, or Rosie through first.

So my question is this - how the heLL do we get into MoP, or specifically Pandaria itself without being a Panda?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
The airship just above the harbor :)

but not until next week. Dunno where it is for horde though. Plus, we'll get a King's quest to go forth and plunder Pandaria, in the kings name of course, it will instruct us on what to do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Above Stormwind Harbor? Sweet, I like the airship ride. Anyway I plan on staying up till midnight to get one on of the first ships with about 2000 other folks. ;-)

Currently I am reading Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War and the attack has not happened yet. I will try ti finish the book this week in time for 9/25.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So we get to participate in the big battle. Sounds fun. Still not sure if I want to take Sarah, Feral, or Rosie through first.

So my question is this - how the heLL do we get into MoP, or specifically Pandaria itself without being a Panda?

I'm guessing all those pandas by the portals in SW will have something to do with it. Or the airship currently floating above the SW harbor.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Above Stormwind Harbor? Sweet, I like the airship ride. Anyway I plan on staying up till midnight to get one on of the first ships with about 2000 other folks. ;-)

Currently I am reading Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War and the attack has not happened yet. I will try ti finish the book this week in time for 9/25.

Pssst, the attack happens today, don't tell Garrosh I know. He might try to attack Gnomeregan, wait a minute. Tell Garrosh I know so that he will attack Gnomeregan.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Hey Silver I have not been in game for over a week so I have missed a lot. :-((

I will be ready though when the time comes.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
*ponders whether she's going to try to get ALL her 85s through the scenario in a week*

/tar Bite
/HUUG

Got hold of the right person. Hopefully I can get our SentinelsWiki.Net back up soon. Rezzing powers are charging now.

I did NOT laugh myself silly talking about sticky buns. That's my story and I'm ... er ... sticking to it.

The only thing I know with real certainty is that the Panda starting area is the turtle's back and we don't get to go there (unless we level a Panda baby). A pity that. The fishing might have been interesting. ^_~

Good morning Sentinels!

/tar everyone else
/hugs

Just because.

*adds fine print disclosure and waiver of hug responsibility*
Edited by Eilethalua on 9/17/2012 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
The only thing I know with real certainty is that the Panda starting area is the turtle's back and we don't get to go there (unless we level a Panda baby). A pity that. The fishing might have been interesting. ^_~

I don't give a darn about pandas so why should I have to deal with one? Oh well, Blizz drives a stake in my games heart once again.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
09/17/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Sarahgadi
I don't give a darn about pandas so why should I have to deal with one? Oh well, Blizz drives a stake in my games heart once again.

Just in case that wasn't clear - that's not the continent of Pandaria. Much like the Lost Isles for goblins, the turtle back is just the starting area. Anyone can go to the continent.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I have three characters I am going to be doing the scenario on. Survival Hunter, Disc Priest, and Blood Death Knight.

Speaking of said Death Knight, I mentioned her a few days ago about solo'ing Wrath dungeons, and now she has a 377 or sommat iLvl.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yea I have 3 on this server alone. pluse the 4 on Tho Bro that i will. by the end of the Day i'll definatley be burned out

/tar Sents

/hug

Back to you Blue

An as of 10:55am PST it's a no go :-( come on Blizz, we have 11.2 million bored peeps out there. Ya know, the week before launch
Edited by Todar on 9/17/2012 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Just in case that wasn't clear - that's not the continent of Pandaria. Much like the Lost Isles for goblins, the turtle back is just the starting area. Anyone can go to the continent.

I vont to see zee vorld!!! ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Computer has been acting funny. Checked all the hardware, nothing wrong. So I started checking software. Couldn't find anything. Scanned for everything I could think of. Still nothing. So I said !@#$ it. Did a factory restore. Now I am re-downloading everything I used.

Saved the essential files.

Forgot one file though. I accidentally saved my shortcut to the minecraft files and not the actual saved game. -.- So my many hours of work are gone. I suppose this is a good reason to start a new world.

Didn't have a flash drive large enough for wow. So I only kept the files for my addons and my ui/key-binding settings.

My day so far. Really boring. I need some booze.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
09/17/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Prodon
I accidentally saved my shortcut to the minecraft files and not the actual saved game. -.- So my many hours of work are gone

Does that mean the whole Mario image?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/17/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Eilethalua
I accidentally saved my shortcut to the minecraft files and not the actual saved game. -.- So my many hours of work are gone

Does that mean the whole Mario image?!
It does in fact. :/
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Ouch! Though I suppose that means now you can revise it to the 8-bit Mario without having to undo things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
This is very true. Though, I do have to go and get everything again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Similar thing happened to me a few years ago when my home computer blew up one day. Lost almost everything. SIGH. I hope you can recreate things without too much trouble.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]