what has happened to tanking in 5 man's ?

85 Human Paladin
the healers job in 5 mans is to be a heal bot and stick within healing range of the tank...

at least this is what I /yell at my groups when they complain =P
Reply Quote
If I'm tanking and ask for a CC I won't pull/taunt off of anyone who gets aggro if the pull without CCing.

If I'm healing and the tank asks for CC I support them.

If I'm dpsing and the tank asks for a CC/interrupt, I do it if I can.

It really isn't that hard. If you can't play your class to that level, you should do the community a favor and quit.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
09/21/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Bbqsauce
If the tank leaves mobs behind run and stand on him.

This is how you spot a smart healer (or anybody else, honestly).
You rarely see it. Most people just run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

This a million times! I run a Pally tank, and despite my best efforts sometimes a mob will get away. No matter how many times I /yell KITE IT TO TANK, they just keep running away. Because that will work....

If its just one, sure I can taunt it off you, but if its out of my attack range and you keep blasting your full arsenal of firepower at it, it's going to go back to you. And this time I won't be able to taunt.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Priest
09/24/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Girden
This a million times! I run a Pally tank, and despite my best efforts sometimes a mob will get away. No matter how many times I /yell KITE IT TO TANK, they just keep running away. Because that will work....

We all remember from grade school what to do if you are on fire.

That is right, run around like a crazy person.

Same general principal.

I do not even try to heal these people.
Reply Quote
23 Orc Hunter
1. People who are not that skilled and are just emulating what they have seen others do.

2. People who don't care/are trolling.

3. People who have been told gogogogo is the only way to play.

To point #3. I once was in a LFD group relatively early in Cata tanking at 85. I, nor the rest of the group, was very geared so I was keeping a close eye on the healers, a Disc Priest, mana. At one point before a pull the healer was down to about 1/4 mana so I did a full stop and waited for them to do something. Drink, pop Hymn (don't remember if Disc Priests had Hymn back then actually but whatever.), use a Herbalism transform, whatever.

The healer does nothing other than stand there slowly, again this is early in Cata where we were in 333's and GC had not changed us back to Wrath style never go OOM healing, getting some mana back. Instead the healer pulls the next group with Smite.

Well we survive but now the healer of course has no mana. We had not setup any CC and further healing just took mana back then and Blizzard/GC expected us to be drinking every now and then. So I call the healer out on it and of course they deny it. Oops buddy, I've got a Disc Priest too so I know exactly what you did.

So full stop again, now you are gonna lie to me? So eventually they admit to the lie and say that they had cooldowns so I should have just pulled. I counter with how would I know that? But it was clear that getting that person to admit to any fault was not going to happen rationally.

My point in that story is that the gogogogo mentality is very embedded at this point. You are also going to run into the other cases as well so yeah, those are fun too. And lastly in the early levels it is best just to act as if you are DPS who happens to occasionally hold aggro.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]