Challenge Modes

90 Human Paladin
So, who else is probably more interested in this (compared to anything else offered in the expansion)?

I'm looking forward to it. But, I wonder what the ideal challenge mode comp will look like...here's my guess:

(Obviously there's some wiggle room since 3+ classes can provide the same buff, but ideally on challenge modes you're probably wanting something that can provide sustained burst/little to no ramp up time)

Prot Warrior (For speed runs, I've always found warriors to be ideal. When played well, to me, they're amazingly beautiful. A DK is a close second)

Holy Paladin (This one is hard - they can't heal on the run as well as a disc priest or druid can, and since most 5-mans are clumped, shamans tend to do well too. But, hpallies heals hit hard and with proper use of holy power, you can spam out impressive healing - single target and "aoe" - Anyway, we'll see)

Mage (arcane or fire, depending on which spec is FotM) BL and burst dmg - sure shamans can provide BL too, but there's better alternatives

Spriest (I feel up in the air about this one but I like spriests more than moonkins so meh)

Rogue (maybe a DK) mainly for AS% but obvious burst/sustained high dps as well (more so rogue)

Feel free to share your ideal comp, thoughts on Challenge Mode, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
You can hit me up balatro ill be playing my fire mage if you ever want to run anything.

Im thinking Monks will be quite op at the start much like Dk's where in wrath and you will see 1 of those in each group comps for sure.

Blood Dks will be the main tanks if its anything. they can Stack litchborn and deathstrike shields for a group while a healer drinks.

Hunters will be good for Constant Misdirects and possibly having a pet tank a extra add to avoid using cc.

I agree that if the group isnt using a resto shaman mages will be in almost every group pushing them for timewarp and great cc like sheeps and ring of frost+ they have good self healing/def cooldowns now.

I can't see boomkins being used to much unless starfall has changed and doesnt pull the whole instance :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Carry me!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Only if you can talk tree into getting Kai to come back for MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
09/19/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Backstabs
I can't see boomkins being used to much unless starfall has changed and doesnt pull the whole instance :P

It has changed.

It only attacks things you're in combat with, so no more pulling the entire front lobby of ICC by accident.
Edited by Tricemus on 9/20/2012 8:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/19/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Xandon
Carry me!

hop in my lap
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/20/2012 01:20 AMPosted by Balatro
Only if you can talk tree into getting Kai to come back for MoP.

trying..
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I'm taking it "casual" this time around, but indeed this for me is the most exciting feature. I plan on running these at any opportunity I can.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
already got my team together for these
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]